Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 420 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note - this thread was on the evening news. Miketheboss had this 'won't be done' line quoted and shown.

I want to thank my prarents who have always supported me. Never thought I'd get to this point in my forum career.

LMAO. The fact that they come here for information is amazing. I hope I'm wrong, in that case my statement would be considered fake news.

One of the very first testing videos shows the edge of the raft appearing over the edge of the slide, I pointed this out after watching it at the time but no one on here said a word about it which was quite surprising

Sometimes we get yapping so fast here that we miss the forest for the trees. Thanks for reminding us!

One of the very first testing videos shows the edge of the raft appearing over the edge of the slide, I pointed this out after watching it at the time but no one on here said a word about it which was quite surprising considering how obvious it was that it was coming so high over the edge. It explains why they have been extensively testing this slide more than the others. Amazed at the surprise of modification some have shown considering the clues we have been getting for ages they have not been happy about the test results.
i remember but just took it as they re still in testing
i wonder if they d had any unforeseen set backs that is pushing them to not be ready?

Reactions: devinp267
Sometimes we get yapping so fast here that we miss the forest for the trees. Thanks for reminding us!

Ha yeah I know what you mean, one day I will see 3-4 posts over a couple days and then the next day I come back and there is 15 pages to catch up with!

i remember but just took it as they re still in testing
i wonder if they d had any unforeseen set backs that is pushing them to not be ready?

All of the other slides were tested in a matter of days however this one has seen testing constantly since the first test up until now, as soon as I watched that first video and see it appear over the edge it made me feel a little uneasy that they would allow that. Also the side always looked low before testing and it was even discussed here if that was even the final height as it looked so low. Given all of that its clearly been a big set back with that slides completion, I would imagine it should ave been done shortly after the other green and blue slides that have been done for months. I guess computer simulations and real world testing can't always produce the results you want especially with running water involved just a shame its so closed to opening. I'm imaging too the missing rock work from the back of the volcano had some unforeseen problems or delays because removing those large footings that where cast at the start of the project a year ago really would not have been the plan.

Regardless of a few of these things I think they have done an amazing job just from an outside visual perspective.

Looking forward to watching the progress whilst stopping at CBBR from Sunday for a few weeks. With my body clock on UK time I am normally up at 4am for the first days of my vacation and stroll around the hotel so will see how many construction workers are about at that time.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Does the map look like this?:

main.jpg
It has the pools for the Ohyah and Ohno as well as the serpentine slides, but no slides. I figured it was a work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.