Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 422 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be in Orlando opening weekend but my friends don't wanna go as they don't think it'll be ready. Feels like a slap in the face for me to go to Aquatica or Typhoon Lagoon when Universal just opened up a brand new park!

This is a really tough decision. Personally, I wouldn't be too bothered about it not being 100% but I would be put off by the insane crowds.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Getting so close!!! I think a cool idea for the expansion they're talking about could be an aqua type theatre. I think a stunning show with water elements could really help capacity and drive the water theme park idea

Reactions: UNIrd
Aaaaah! Here is a better picture I took from the drone video. It shows how far the new cabanas are from the road plus one of the two actually being delivered (flatbed truck). So yeah, 80'-140'.

cabana_frames_zpstiuruqjk.jpg

I'd say 60' max. That crane isn't wider than 8'. doing a quick measure, it looks in the 50-60' range to the edge of the road.

The 'faster' lazy river is genuinely the thing I'm most excited for about this place, despite all those lovely looking slides. It's the one thing Aquatica had that I always hoped Disney would emulate at one of their waterparks, as it's such a lovely feeling to shoot round one for a while with a life jacket on.
Too slow Mickey! :tongue:

Last edited:
I'm interested to know more about this mentioned in the CNN article:

"There's also an area near the leisure pool where water turbulence created by spring vents below causes swimmers to get buoyed up and over to the grotto area. Here, guests can take a breather at the base of the volcano and sit beneath waterfalls."

"There's also an area near the leisure pool where water turbulence created by spring vents below causes swimmers to get buoyed up and over to the grotto area. Here, guests can take a breather at the base of the volcano and sit beneath waterfalls."

Prety sure that is the adventure river.

If you look at the second picture posted just above the leisure pool is to the right of the exit from the drop slide and you can see scaffold up by the base of the volcano. That is where the waterfalls will be and the springs. I plan on spending a bunch of time there when I go.

Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.