Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the second picture posted just above the leisure pool is to the right of the exit from the drop slide and you can see scaffold up by the base of the volcano. That is where the waterfalls will be and the springs. I plan on spending a bunch of time there when I go.

I kind of see it- but it's tough to know exactly where.

When it mentions the spring vents and "bouying" the guests- it reminds me of a local spring/swimming hole we have here in the Austin area of Texas called Jacobs well. It's an underground/underwater cavern/cave system that feeds a river here. But what's cool is you can jump from a rock into the opening (15' diameter or so) and you never have to swim- because the spring is constantly pushing upwards, its makes you simply bob there above the surface. It's a unique feeling as it is pushing you upwards as opposed to most currents, like lazy rivers or ocean currents that push you laterally.

I kind of see it- but it's tough to know exactly where.

When it mentions the spring vents and "bouying" the guests- it reminds me of a local spring/swimming hole we have here in the Austin area of Texas called Jacobs well. It's an underground/underwater cavern/cave system that feeds a river here. But what's cool is you can jump from a rock into the opening (15' diameter or so) and you never have to swim- because the spring is constantly pushing upwards, its makes you simply bob there above the surface. It's a unique feeling as it is pushing you upwards as opposed to most currents, like lazy rivers or ocean currents that push you laterally.
Maybe we need to check Creative's travel records or one was from Austin. Could be they know about it.
Lesiure pool is the darker green to the right of the wave pool if you were looking straight on at the volcano from the shore of the wave pool. I would draw it up but that is not in my wheelhouse.
The runout for the drop slide runs between the wave and leisure pools and can be seen in the photo. All the way to the base of the volcano you can see a scaffold on each side of the cavern at the back of the pool. Those will be waterfalls and you can go through to the cavern. Should be a cool spot on a 95 day

Here it is being constructed
pool.jpg

Did anyone notice the amount of light niches in the wave pool from the last video posted. All the circles in the walls are for led lights. There seems to be a lot more than needed. It could be because of the size of the wave pool, but i think it's more for a synchronized lighting wave effect. As the volcano erupts at night once the lava hits the pool it will slowly spread over the blue water. With that many lights it should look awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.