Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ We're just giving you something to do ;).

And I agree, my favorite part about Volcano Bay (which I've seen some people complain about, surprisingly) is how the hotel towers from Cabana Bay jut out into the park. It gives it a very authentic Hawaiian feel.

hi_hawaiian_village_pl_1.jpg

Does the food not set it apart? Nothing touches it.
Does Tapu Tapu? No qbots do everything Tapu Tapu does, or with that much ease.
The interactivity is awesome as well.
The little cute touches certainly set it apart.

It's going to be hard to do everything- I would have preferred some projection or an AA during the coaster- that would've really set it apart- in particular with the LIM tech.
But as a whole and taking everything into account, it's still the best. And that's saying something.

That's a VERY bold statement considering that there's nothing revolutionary about Volcano Bay, nothing that gives it a step up in terms of being an immersive thematic experience, and nothing extraordinary about the slide package/slide customization. It's a very out-of-the-box water park with some very pretty decoration/landscaping. Although it's your opinion to have, to call it the best before it even opens to the public is questionable.

I can name parks that have been doing it better years before Volcano Bay was even an idea. Not to say that the park doesn't look spectacular - it does, but let's call a spade, a spade please.

That's a VERY bold statement considering that there's nothing revolutionary about Volcano Bay, nothing that gives it a step up in terms of being an immersive thematic experience, and nothing extraordinary about the slide package/slide customization. It's a very out-of-the-box water park with some very pretty decoration/landscaping. Although it's your opinion to have, to call it the best before it even opens to the public is questionable.

Just curious- knowing what we know- what single park do you put above it? The fact I don't have to eat some generic hot dog or hamburger and the volcano are enough to raise it for me.

You could say "park x" does this better. And "park y" does this better. But cumulative, I don't see any singular park that is better. Only one in the running I haven't been to is wadi- well... and volcano bay. Lol

1. The caves weren't open.
2, The aquacoaster isn't even in its full form according to the insiders on here yet is considered by some the best watercoaster they have ever been on.
3. Food wise, VB is king.

Some of the same people who said this park wouldn't even have anything open today are no changing goalposts. Universal did a great job, people had fun which idk is the actual point of theme parks having fun being entertained and no one died/got hurt.

Agreed. Adding to a past post, that many have already read, does nothing to continue the conversation. Just would confuse everyone & everything. ......Is that why you guys has essentially dead forums on Hollywood? :)

If you want to bump a thread after an amount of time, that's fine, but when you're just adding to something you just posted you can always edit in. Again, please let's move on to the water theme park.

(hoping that triggers someone so we can have yet another fight about that and truly move on :lol:)

I can name parks that have been doing it better years before Volcano Bay was even an idea. Not to say that the park doesn't look spectacular - it does, but let's call a spade, a spade please.
Given how much you seem to dislike the slide collection at Volcano Bay, would you be willing to share your thoughts on how the slides at Typhoon Lagoon compare? (because it's generally considered the gold standard in theming)

I think night lighting might redeem it for me some, but looking st it how it is today took it off my must-do-soon list and made it something I can wait to do.

In other thoughts.. (see, I can learn!)

We have any hope for the exposed metalwork? They have screens up so it says they don't consider it done but... yeah. That box under the red slide.

Robert Niles just gave a nice review of VB on Theme Park Insider. And he summed up the water/theme park controversy nicely, "Is the third gate at the Universal Orlando Resort a theme park, or a water theme park? Or, as Universal's taken to calling it recently, is it a hybrid- a water theme park? Who cares? All I know is that it's a lot of fun. And that's coming from someone who's never really enjoyed water parks before"...:thumbsup: :)

Robert Niles just gave a nice review of VB on Theme Park Insider. And he summed up the water/theme park controversy nicely, "Is the third gate at the Universal Orlando Resort a theme park, or a water theme park? Or, as Universal's taken to calling it recently, is it a hybrid- a water theme park? Who cares? All I know is that it's a lot of fun. And that's coming from someone who's never rea;;y enjoyed water parks before"...:thumbsup: :)

But Niles also hasn't been in the review world all that long and this is probably the first time he's had no wait on an overcast day at a water park with freebies to boot.

Yeah, it's fun but so is the beach and a sandbox and the little lazy river at Cabana.

Doesn't make it a big deal though.. and that's where I'm bummed out so far with VB.

You guys seriously need to get over yourselfs. I am sick of the constant posts about the exposed metalwork. It is the dumbest thing to complain about. I don't see you guys complain about the exposed manhole covers at Disney or the electrical outlets that are exposed all over the parks. The reason they didn't completely close the Volcano is it would of cost them an extra million dollars and if anything broke in the volcano an example of this is yeti in EE they would not be able to reach it without tearing down the Volcano.

You guys seriously need to get over yourselfs. I am sick of the constant posts about the exposed metalwork. It is the dumbest thing to complain about. I don't see you guys complain about the exposed manhole covers at Disney or the electrical outlets that are exposed all over the parks. The reason they didn't completely close the Volcano is it would of cost them an extra million dollars and if anything broke in the volcano an example of this is yeti in EE they would not be able to reach it without tearing down the Volcano.

But even a park like Adventure Island doesn't even have that much exposed, unpainted, unthemed metal work.

I don't want the Volcano enclosed. I want there not to be silver structural steel exposed.

I don't think the exposed steel is the finished product and it does look out of place but that should only be a temporary thing. The open volcano doesn't really bother me on the slightest. I like seeing the insides and everything that's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.