Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You can tell it was hastily done. You can see ugly paint lines, tile where it doesn't belong, steal beams. I will take screen grabs from that video to show you guys what I'm talking about.

And while, I am sure the inside of the Volcano will get tidied up... I mean there is still a Genie lift in there, I am not impressed with the actual build of the channel. Compared to the Typhoon video I posted it feels like I'm in the little lazy river my hometown pool has in one of our indoor pools...

Pretty much sums it up. It's what happens when every hour of work I complete at minimum wage I can buy 5 cheeseburgers and still have enough for other expenses.
*every hour of sedentary work
Yet good food typically costs more and takes more time (shopping/cooking)- which is the last thing people want to do after sitting in traffic an hour, then going to some soccer game (you know, because kids have to be in an activity every night if the week or you're failing as a parent), etc :p

No- Life jackets aren't required- no clue why so many people wear them.

As for why people wear shirts- some do it for sun reasons- but the vast majority do it because they are overweight. That might be the most striking thing you notice about Americans- how flippin' huge we are as a nation. Couple that with the fact that Americans are inundated with marketing about how attractive everyone is and should be which leads to tremendous insecurity- and viola, T-shirts at water parks.

For locals its also the sun - we know it will be a nasty burn. I remember a trip to Typhoon with college friends who pretty much were models. They all wore shirts to avoid the burn.

Reactions: Andysol
Inside the Magic has confirmed in the comments of the video that for that particular river apparently life jackets are required.

Reactions: Andysol
No- Life jackets aren't required- no clue why so many people wear them.

As for why people wear shirts- some do it for sun reasons- but the vast majority do it because they are overweight. That might be the most striking thing you notice about Americans- how flippin' huge we are as a nation. Couple that with the fact that Americans are inundated with marketing about how attractive everyone is and should be which leads to tremendous insecurity- and viola, T-shirts at water parks.

Ooh, well i'm glad to heart that those things aren't required they look really really really uncomfortable.
And w0w that sucks, i had no idea that obesity was that big of a problem in the states :/

This inside of the volcano looks really nice from the Fearless River.... :bolt:

Where's that guy that said Volcano Bay was the best themed/best overall water park in the world? I want everybody to watch this video and maybe lay off the people who had concerns about stuff like this. The inconsistencies here are mind boggling. You go under the water coaster station and it's completely themed, and then you float through a construction yard full of I beams, random netting, and exposed piping. Give me a break.

I know Berms are in but are Beams in too?

Volcano%203%20Supports_zpsvp1egsrb.png

On the right of this picture (below), there are glass tiles near the M. That is a mistake.
Volcano%20bad_zpswmp3s0vt.png

Volcano%201%20WallGood_zpsdnxqihyx.png

The Volcano's paint job up against the river. They should have extended that trim.
Volcano%20final_zpsjqc3ui2b.png

Where's that guy that said Volcano Bay was the best themed/best overall water park in the world? I want everybody to watch this video and maybe lay off the people who had concerns about stuff like this. The inconsistencies here are mind boggling. You go under the water coaster station and it's completely themed, and then you float through a construction yard full of I beams, random netting, and exposed piping. Give me a break.

Exactly. Extremely inconsistent. Only thing that has been consistent is my posts getting people worked up on here.

It is, it's the inconsistencies. I mean, even if we can forgive the amount of unthemed Slide towers they have in this park, this river really is not forgivable... It is the easiest thing to get right. Either commit or don't commit. The park is gorgeous, and lush... but the epitome of best themed waterpark it is not.

Life jackets are required it seems, but I hope the tubes aren't. I love Aquatica's fast river, putting on a life jacket and floating through the fast water without a tube. Actually, I don't think they give tubes for the fast river, and didn't require life jackets last time I was there.

Reactions: wizwit
Maybe the details aren't fully finished yet, y'know?

Just maybe!

We can all relax for the moment while Universal works on these things overnight.

There isn't anything much more they can do to fix the river minus rebuild it.... The most that is happening is cleaning up the inside of the volcano, finishing tiling and painting. But it is a manmade, modern pool channel, and there is no changing that.

There isn't anything much more they can do to fix the river minus rebuild it.... The most that is happening is cleaning up the inside of the volcano, finishing tiling and painting. But it is a manmade, modern pool channel, and there is no changing that.

It kinda does look like the panama canal now that you said that.

In it's current state, I'd say VB in general wins when it comes to the attractions and use of technology, but it fails when it comes to a fully themed environment. TL has a much better themed environment and story than VB on multiple levels. TL for instance has the only ride with any real theme park level dark ride theming, the new pirate one with the AA bird.

Looks pretty obvious to me that there's no intention of covering those cross beams with any kind of rock or block work, so the visuals passing under the slides won't be changing, which is very unfortunate.

They should create some sort of hanging vine foliage for the netting, or like a vine trellis tunnel you float under that could light up with fireflies at night.

This inside of the volcano looks really nice from the Fearless River.... :bolt:

Does anyone know if tubes are required in the Fearless River or are you permitted to float freely and tube-less like in Aquatica's "action" river?

EDIT: Sounds like vests and tubes are required. Rats.

Last edited: