Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Jul 2, 2013
Orange County, CA
I can't believe there isn't a thread for this. We finally have our first look at anything that resembles the world of Star Wars in the shape of two AT-ATs that have taken residence inside the Battle Escape attraction show building!

It's been confirmed by Disney!

Last edited:
I'm really curious to see how the Disneyland RR and riverboat rides will interact being so close to each other. Also, will be interesting to see if they added any kinetic features to that rock wall (falls, moving rocks?) as some have alluded to. Maybe someday I'll make it out to the left coast!

I'm really curious to see how the Disneyland RR and riverboat rides will interact being so close to each other. Also, will be interesting to see if they added any kinetic features to that rock wall (falls, moving rocks?) as some have alluded to. Maybe someday I'll make it out to the left coast!

From the looks of the rock wall it doesn't appear to have any thing other than waterfalls. I believe if there was kinetic energy it'll be located on the island. Maybe the cabin can burn again.

Fresh baked just posted a video showing the filled river:

In case you haven't been keeping up with the progress of SWL, here's a picture from Westcoaster of the First Order ride. It's getting HUGE and this was taken a week ago, so I can only assume it's gotten even bigger since. Pretty soon here I don't think we will be able to see much of what's going on when that building is finished.

That was very interesting, IF it is for Battle Escape then to me it looks like you load on the inside and then are moved to the outside and then possibly detached from the load area as you move towards the main show elements and then when you come back round you are reattached and then moved back to the inside to unload.

Yeah, the patent he shows doesn't look to me like what is seen in the construction pictures. The patent ride just looks like an omnimover that moves in a circle, but can make up to 3 laps before returning to station. Basically it looks like the car can be either inside the circle or outside the circle and either above or below the track as well. It looks like a design for an Omnimover ride on a small plot of land. The circle he's talking about in the vid is at one extreme corner of the building. The building is huge and looks to be two stories. If the circle was centered, then maybe it could be for this ride, but it's not. For it to work, it would have to, like LieutLaww said, detach from the circle. But the patent doesn't show that. And even if it could detach, why use this patent? Just do a normal omnimover circle and track.

There's no way that's Battle Escape. A good reference point is that ladder that's leaning on the inside of the structure. Not nearly large enough to house a full attraction.

No.

Technically it would probably have room for two rides, but it's simply going to have a gigantic queue like Flight of Passage. Disney is considering these queues part of the overall experience now so you get great queue over more rides.
I have to agree with Disney on that . The Totality of the Experience, Facade, queue, pre shows, actual ride make for a better attraction than a rope queue/ride attraction. Universal has done a nice job on FJ, Gringotts, Kong, Fallon on that and a number of other attractions to a somewhat lesser extent.

I have to agree with Disney on that . The Totality of the Experience, Facade, queue, pre shows, actual ride make for a better attraction than a rope queue/ride attraction. Universal has done a nice job on FJ, Gringotts, Kong, Fallon on that and a number of other attractions to a somewhat lesser extent.
I'm not saying I disagree with it as I agree with the totality of the experience too, but it is sort of disappointing on some level that the land is taking up so much space and only two rides out of it. There is plenty of room (and plans) at both DL and DHS for an expansion, over time though.

I'm not saying I disagree with it as I agree with the totality of the experience too, but it is sort of disappointing on some level that the land is taking up so much space and only two rides out of it. There is plenty of room (and plans) at both DL and DHS for an expansion, over time though.
Seems like the old Magic Kingdom days of multiple attractions in a land are long gone. Universal & Disney have seemed to settle on two or three at the most as what they're willing to do. Budget probably major reason. ....And like you, I wish there were more attractions lined up for SWL since I think DHS will be well short of attractions/shows for the crowds that will be brought in by SWL.

When I say that the Battle Escape attraction may be multiple rides in one, I mean that there might be some sort of pre-ride before the main ride. Think of something along the lines of the elevator at Gringotts.

I'm not really sure if this belongs in this thread but apparently Big Thunder Trail is rumored to re-open tomorrow. I only put this here because it's SWL that caused it to be shut down in the first place, plus this will give us our first full look at the entrance arch to SWL.

I'm not really sure if this belongs in this thread but apparently Big Thunder Trail is rumored to re-open tomorrow. I only put this here because it's SWL that caused it to be shut down in the first place, plus this will give us our first full look at the entrance arch to SWL.

It MIGHT not open tomorrow, as it looks unfinished, but theres a chance it still will.

People are saying that the song "Heigh Ho" is playing as background music on the trail which seems like an odd choice...