Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

I'm very interested in hearing more about this, hopefully this is an incredible new experience and not a cheap money maker featuring a big growing franchise.

Universal's. Of course.

Ok, now I will do the dancy dog dance.

13075_Black.jpg

Almost all of the Guardians characters have appeared in Avengers stories, so fall into the Avengers family. Thats where a lot of the uncertainty of this comes from. I don't think there was ever a question of whether Disney could use the "Guardians of the Galaxy" name. Well until they use it in the Infinity War movie. It's how do they do a GOTG ride if they can't use the individual characters. Other posters have said this has been resolved, but it was never an open and shut case.

Appearing in the comic is not good enough. The contract states "any member of THE FANTASTIC FOUR, THE AVENGERS or villains associated with a hero being used". The characters would have to actually be members of the Avengers.

I am looking forward to the new rides because, well, they're new rides. I won't miss UoE but I actually liked the old EPCOT (early 90's version). Sadly, the drive to incorporate IP's has nullified that option.

So, is GoTG still a coaster then or is that not locked in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Appearing in the comic is not good enough. The contract states "any member of THE FANTASTIC FOUR, THE AVENGERS or villains associated with a hero being used". The characters would have to actually be members of the Avengers.

Like you said "or villains associated with a hero". Drax first appeared in an Ironman comic after all and some of the others have been the villain in Avengers comics. Without the addendum mentioned in the contract that lists the character families and villains, we are all just speculating.

Did we actually see "Guardians" of the Galaxy during D23. They could have figured out a loophole by calling it "Gardens of the Galaxy."

It would be a perfect transition between the new green Epcot and Mission: Space.

Did we actually see "Guardians" of the Galaxy during D23. They could have figured out a loophole by calling it "Gardens of the Galaxy."

It would be a perfect transition between the new green Epcot and Mission: Space.

In the concept art of what seems to be the preshow, Groot and Rocket were in the front with Peter and Gamora on the ship.

Rocket, Groot and Gamora were also in the concept art of where it showed the new design for the front of the ride show building.

Why does this project feel like a bull headed executive order on the likes of "You guys are smart, find a way to get Marvel in the parks, hell or high water!!?!" more than anything cohesive.

Why does this project feel like a bull headed executive order on the likes of "You guys are smart, find a way to get Marvel in the parks, hell or high water!!?!" more than anything cohesive.
It may very well be. But I think Joe Rhode did a pretty good job with Mission Breakout, against all odds. I'm restraining my judgement for now. I think they might impress us.

And I definitely think this ride will have some tongue and cheek old school Epcot references to help appease the classic Epcot Center fans out there. Brace yourself for Horizons jokes galore.

Since we have heard little to nothing about the ride system and the concept art shows the UoE building with a Nova Corps ship out front, do we need to worry about an overlay of the existing ride system rather than an all new one? There was also scuttlebutt about more than one ride at one point. Could this be a retheme AND a new ride? Based on the footprint, which many had tagged as TRON ride system based, could we get an E ticket in the new area added to UoE or does it require the whole area?

Since we have heard little to nothing about the ride system and the concept art shows the UoE building with a Nova Corps ship out front, do we need to worry about an overlay of the existing ride system rather than an all new one? There was also scuttlebutt about more than one ride at one point. Could this be a retheme AND a new ride? Based on the footprint, which many had tagged as TRON ride system based, could we get an E ticket in the new area added to UoE or does it require the whole area?
The rumors I've heard have said the existing UoE building will be used for queue (something UoE has never really had) and preshows/exit shows/gift shop. An entirely new ride building will be constructed behind the existing structure, where the permits have re-routed the drainage canal from. The new ride may slink out behind the old WoL pavilion a little as well.

I guess we need to keep in mind that the existing show building for UoE is not that big. There's no queue in it for one. And the ride makes it feel bigger, but the first room and final room are actually the same room, just with different screens being utilized. There's the first/last room, dino scene, and middle theater. Add that to the skinny preshow holding room and it's actually not that much space.

And I highly doubt all we'll be getting is a retheme of the existing Energy ride (hopefully.) I bet they gut that building completely and use it just for queue, preshow, gift shop, and maybe load/unload for a new attraction.

But that's just what I think and the rumors I've heard. Clearly Disney isn't ready to release any real info on the ride type just yet. Could be interesting.

The rumors I've heard have said the existing UoE building will be used for queue (something UoE has never really had) and preshows/exit shows/gift shop. An entirely new ride building will be constructed behind the existing structure, where the permits have re-routed the drainage canal from. The new ride may slink out behind the old WoL pavilion a little as well.

That would work for me. I was also thinking about the Avengers themed coaster that was rumored for DCA and whether they would use the same ride system for this one, only with the permitted GOTG theme for the east coast.

I guess we need to keep in mind that the existing show building for UoE is not that big. There's no queue in it for one. And the ride makes it feel bigger, but the first room and final room are actually the same room, just with different screens being utilized. There's the first/last room, dino scene, and middle theater. Add that to the skinny preshow holding room and it's actually not that much space.

And I highly doubt all we'll be getting is a retheme of the existing Energy ride (hopefully.) I bet they gut that building completely and use it just for queue, preshow, gift shop, and maybe load/unload for a new attraction.

But that's just what I think and the rumors I've heard. Clearly Disney isn't ready to release any real info on the ride type just yet. Could be interesting.
r-1410139503-UniverseOfEnergyPavilion1.jpg

If you're concerned it's just overlay, listen to marni who's been right about just about everything on this one, and he says it's a coaster. The 4 year timeline bothers me a bit, that's my main gripe.

With Disney announcing Guardians at Epcot the Disney and Universal having a chat about things sounds very plausible, I don't think even Disney would just blatantly announce something this big without knowing full well they can actually do it especially at something like D23 and then later having to retract it due to Universal going um no.

If the current showbuilding is primarily just going to be queue areas, I hope they use that space well. There's so much potential in there for impressive sets stretching up vertically, and it seems like it would be a pretty inefficient use of the building if the queue ends up being really claustrophobic, industrial stuff.

The 4 year timeline bothers me a bit, that's my main gripe.

I'm surprised they're not getting the back-of-house land/water stuff done first while Ellen remains open. Like the Backlot Tour just sitting there for a year, they seem content to lose the capacity before it's really necessary for the project. Unless the queue/redesign work inside the showbuilding is really going to require 3.5 - 4 years (which I doubt), the attraction should remain open until that work is ready to begin.

But nope. Disney wants to save the operational costs immediately.