Tidal Wave Officially Closes | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Tidal Wave Officially Closes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also, even for thrill seekers it has some negatives. In an area with one of the higher thunder storm count it really sucks to have over 95 percent of your park outside. The only thing to do when it storms is eat and shop.

Dark rides are a must.

Which seems like a business move in itself, but it really turns people to want to just leave when its a nasty day.

If they make a new coaster would that mean the tear down of the HoS house behind it? (Dead fall last year)

I've been to Busch Gardens many times and never ridden this ride one. To be honest I don't think that many people are going to miss it.
Truth. It's like if figment were to close. Many people don't want it to leave but it's the same people who don't actually ride it.

Last edited:
Truth. It's like if figment were to close. Everybody many people don't want it to leave but it's the same people who don't actually ride it.

People like Figment as the original attraction and hoping that Disney will finally build a replacement that's closer to the original, but it won't happen

I would guess this is the next area for redevelopment since they're actually working on it (unlike Gwazi)

Ugh so depressing.

I drove by Wet N Wild today and that got me down...and now seeing this makes it worse.
I hope the new addition in this area has a bigger and better flume ride.

I will say it was depressing seeing TTW standing there doing nothing when I was there for my birthday in March. Even though I only ever rode it once, I think I will miss it...more so because I only rode it the one time. I usually only make day trips (since I live in Gainesville) to the park so I prefer not to get drenched like that. Same reason I've never rode Congo River Rapids in the 10 years I've been going. The time I did ride it I was staying at the Baymont behind the park for a few nights.

It would be nice to get a giga. There is definitely room at the park. I don't think it would need to use both this area and Gwazi's spot for it. I could see them using the TTW area for the station and run to the back by the retention ponds and back.

Reactions: MakoMania
No thanks. Terrible capacity. Any shuttle coasters or rides like that don't belong in world class theme parks. Wanna wait two hours?
It has a 2 turntable station allowing one to load while the other operates. Capacity wouldn't be as bad as most other shuttle coasters. It's capacity is 950pph...almost that of Cobra's Curse. It has to be at least as good as TTW or better.

Reactions: MakoMania
It has a 2 turntable station allowing one to load while the other operates. Capacity wouldn't be as bad as most other shuttle coasters. It's capacity is 950pph...almost that of Cobra's Curse. It has to be at least as good as TTW or better.
Theoretical capacity doesn't always equal actual capacity. If 950 is their number, I bet it's closer to 700.

I'd rather have a new flume ride with a steeper drop and a storyline.