Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I'm not going to be sold on adding this to the AP unless I see what the crowd levels are like come September. If the park is turning people away now it could still be pretty crowded.

Does the park get much less crowded later? Given the capacity of rides and the park you would think it would be a good idea to sell some kind of later entry ticket to spread crowds out.

Am I the only one that thinks they need some sort of obstacle course/ adult water playground in the new expansion?

No, :) that is an awesome idea! With the popularity of OCRs, it would be cool and unique to add one to a new water park.

Was just on the Universal website looking at park hours for next week and saw that they are offering Early Park Admission for hotel guests that starts at 7:30 AM!? Didn't realize it was that early. Has anyone been there for the early admission?

I haven't been there for early admission, but yes - now they seem to be doing EPA for guests at 7:30, and the park has been opening to the public around 8:30.

Does the park get much less crowded later? Given the capacity of rides and the park you would think it would be a good idea to sell some kind of later entry ticket to spread crowds out.

It does get less crowded later, especially when the afternoon thunderstorms arrive. An "after 2 pm" ticket or something might not be a bad idea.

It does get less crowded later, especially when the afternoon thunderstorms arrive. An "after 2 pm" ticket or something might not be a bad idea.

We're going to try a USF, IOA, and finish with VB day this month on our monthly outing...Probably wont make it into VB until 5 or so...We'll see how it goes

I never thought the night attendance projections were sensible. As I've said before, tourists don't even attend the excellent hotel resort pools after 6:00 PM. They're mostly empty then. Even Florida nights get a little chilly in the water, especially when you step out of the heated pools. Night hours might work for special events, but that's about it. That was a no common sense idea in the first place, and probably has little bearing on future attendance.

But then it'll just be more crowded after 2pm if they start selling reduced price tickets!
The idea is to direct people away from crowding the morning and even out attendence a bit. Universal could certainly incentivize this with pricing and packages.

Yeah, not adding this to my AP either anymore. Sticking with 2-park Premier until things calm down.

I never thought the night attendance projections were sensible. As I've said before, tourists don't even attend the excellent hotel resort pools after 6:00 PM. They're mostly empty then. Even Florida nights get a little chilly in the water, especially when you step out of the heated pools. Night hours might work for special events, but that's about it. That was a no common sense idea in the first place, and probably has little bearing on future attendance.

I think Florida is a lot warmer than where most people would call home, even at night that I don't think that would be an issue during summer.

I remember Wet n Wild beingbusy when I was younger during their nightly events.

Yeah, not adding this to my AP either anymore. Sticking with 2-park Premier until things calm down.
You might be waiting years- I don't see this slowing down. I made a detailed post over at magic- but essentially, they now have 5,600 on-site rooms. By 2019/2020, they'll have 10,200.
Proximity and on-site guests will keep this thing full constantly. In fact, the expansion will likely just make capacity for the additional on-site guests.

Your best bet is the off-season. October, weekday in September or early May, etc.
2018 and beyond- I don't see it not hitting capacity every day in the summer.

I'll be there in a week. Has anyone gotten it down to a science yet knowing which attractions are gonna be the hardest to get on? Obviously the aqua coaster is gonna be the most crowded but I haven't really investigated the other ones yet. I figure if it's opening at 7:30 for on site guests, that hour before it opens is my best chance to get on as much as possible.