Kumba VR? | Inside Universal Forums

Kumba VR?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hopefully that's all it will be: a rumor.

Adding VR to Kumba would be a bigger mistake than putting it on Kraken. I can only imagine how the rest of the coaster's capacity will be affected on busy days. I get that these attractions are "great" and it's "refreshing an old ride" type stuff in marketing it. However it's at the expense of having to wait sometimes all day and having to plan a day around it with a random time given to ride on Spot Saver. This is not fun to me or those who I go to parks with.

While I love Kraken more, Kumba's setting is hands-down much better in terms of the landscape and visibility/interaction with the walkways. Why would you want to cover that with a VR headset? I'd rather them build a brand new motion simulator in the park designed for a VR experience, than to put it on any coaster at BGT.

Reactions: MattA and Speed
I get nauseous just thinking about my ride on Kraken VR. No thank you.. :lol:

If I had to pick which one, It would be Kumba over Montu. I can only ride Kumba a couple times as is before I get a headache. However I can ride Montu over and over and over again with no issues.

Of course I wouldn't want VR on any more coasters at parks I visit period.

Reactions: Speed
I honestly wouldn't mind that at all. Kumba has never had more than a 10 minute wait (and that's on a very busy day) in my experience, and even if they have to start using the reservation system like Kraken I don't see that as being any different than the FastPass+ system at Disney that basically forces you to plan out your rides weeks in advance. Also, the corner of the park where Kumba sits could really use the makeover that invariably accompanies every new ride at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.

I honestly wouldn't mind that at all. Kumba has never had more than a 10 minute wait (and that's on a very busy day) in my experience, and even if they have to start using the reservation system like Kraken I don't see that as being any different than the FastPass+ system at Disney that basically forces you to plan out your rides weeks in advance. Also, the corner of the park where Kumba sits could really use the makeover that invariably accompanies every new ride at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.
But it’s not like Disney where you plan weeks in advance, it’s that you better get to the park early or you’ll be waiting till late night if you want to ride since you can only join the queue once you’re in the park

Yeah...there's nothing like arriving to a park by 11 am to experience an attraction and all the Spot Savers are already filled for the whole day and won't get to ride at all. Trust..I had it happen at SeaWorld with Kraken on 2 separate visits. I hope my next in a couple weeks will not repeat since I'm bringing some family for the first time using pass member free tix & on a Saturday (I went the last Saturday in September last year and it was packed).

VR on Kumba shouldn't happen IMO. It's nothing like what Disney offers at all where you can actually select a time days or weeks in advance. You get a random time to come back with the system Kraken uses which would likely be the same at the other parks in the chain that add anything with it.

Reactions: Speed
I wonder what kind of guest feedback SeaWorld is getting for Kraken?

If they release another VR coaster, it must mean they're getting positive feedback.