Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

Last year they tried to force me to buy a new cup each time and I practically begged them to let me recharge the cup that I was literally holding in my hand. Thunder Terrace Falls wouldn't have it and I walked out with another cup. Monster's Cafe, they pulled a manager and the manager said to recharge my cup. It was bizarre.

Just coming back as I figured out that the passholder sept meal thing is not online and must be bought at the park. I just recall the first year we did it, we were told they never expire and we saw people buying their years worth while they were on sale.

No they have this mumbo jumbo that I can't comprehend. It's buy one, get one half off, limit 2 full price ones per day...and then it goes down hill with all this cards bought on the same day must be used on the same day spiel...but we are a three person family (great for men in black, not much else odd ball us). We each have passes. Anyway, when I read what they wrote, I still do not get there intention.

So, I guess a single person is the same as a party of three. So, buy one, get one half off as a away to have a meal over two days...no clue if that is even allowed.

Just coming back as I figured out that the passholder sept meal thing is not online and must be bought at the park. I just recall the first year we did it, we were told they never expire and we saw people buying their years worth while they were on sale.

No they have this mumbo jumbo that I can't comprehend. It's buy one, get one half off, limit 2 full price ones per day...and then it goes down hill with all this cards bought on the same day must be used on the same day spiel...but we are a three person family (great for men in black, not much else odd ball us). We each have passes. Anyway, when I read what they wrote, I still do not get there intention.

So, I guess a single person is the same as a party of three. So, buy one, get one half off as a away to have a meal over two days...no clue if that is even allowed.

My interpretation is that if you purchase two B1G1/2 on the same pass, you must activate all 4 on the same day, whereas if you buy one B1G1/2 per pass, you can use them over multiple days. I'm not completely sure on how this works either.

EDIT: I think the way to play this to your advantage is to use the Entree on the full price one and then a snack from the half price one on the same day. Then you have 7 or 14 days to use up the rest of the items.

My interpretation is that if you purchase two B1G1/2 on the same pass, you must activate all 4 on the same day, whereas if you buy one B1G1/2 per pass, you can use them over multiple days. I'm not completely sure on how this works either.

EDIT: I think the way to play this to your advantage is to use the Entree on the full price one and then a snack from the half price one on the same day. Then you have 7 or 14 days to use up the rest of the items.

Thanks, I am really just picking on how marketing messes with the front lines that have to understand/ explain this stuff. The way you read it, it is pretty easy for me to think we each buy one deal every other day, it just makes it slightly inconvenient for us, and really hard for the person selling them to us to understand the whole process...all because some of those pesky passholders might buy 50 full price to get 50 half off and that ticks off some been counter that is not very good at their job.

Just curious every single year there is usually Easter eggs in mazes for fans to remind them of the past or hint new things coming in the future.

Like last year in Krampus they had The Amityville Globe (Which I know was shot down) for Conjuring (Which didn't happen) and Sam's Lollipop for Trick 'r Treat.

So I was just curious if anyone has seen any in the Mazes thus far and if they have photos.

What they've built is a much smaller stage, looks like either a new temporary stage or they're doing something totally different.

I did go tonight, really taken things slow right now. I did not see where they performed, but yeah, where the stage was last year, they have a small stage that looks like it could be used, I mean small platforms that may still need to be covered or dressed, but the floor part at least seemed done, but it is not a full stage like you would see at a concert.

The wait times tonight have been incredible. Basically 40-85 minutes for nearly every house since 7:15.

Incredible as in good or bad?

We only did three houses and no zones, but to me, at least it the rhythm we were in, this was rather slow compared to other years...if I where commando, this night would have been a breeze.

the Invasion zone was SUPER crowded.... oh my god you couldn't walk, actors were literally blocked from moving too much. the rest of the park was okay crowd wise but that area will always be a problem.

some Actors on facebook have mentioned people in the zones getting harassed and harshly grabbed for pics because of that "game" someone else said that their coordinators were warning actors about it. This guy managed to combined Uni's biggest problems at the event (too much drinking and actor harassing) into a terrible "game" lol I can't believe someone would do that lol.

Is that really journalism? I guess the papers are trying to figure out how to attract subscribers or eyeballs or something, but I have a hard time calling that journalism.
I struggle with it too, but it was published by the biggest paper in Orlando. It may not be true journalism as much as a blog piece, but it's still incredibly irresponsible for that to have ever been approved.

I struggle with it too, but it was published by the biggest paper in Orlando. It may not be true journalism as much as a blog piece, but it's still incredibly irresponsible for that to have ever been approved.

So I just read through the article and didn't see anything about specifically touching any actors and it clearly keeps the goal to not "overdrink." I wouldn't participate in something like this, but it doesn't seem as harmful as implied by the way it is being discussed here. Maybe there was some sort of edit?

So I just read through the article and didn't see anything about specifically touching any actors and it clearly keeps the goal to not "overdrink." I wouldn't participate in something like this, but it doesn't seem as harmful as implied by the way it is being discussed here. Maybe there was some sort of edit?

I did not read the whole thing, just started reading and nothing about the article in the first few paragraphs suggested it was a report, maybe a blog or an op ed, but not journalism to me.