Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

We were there last night but luckily we had hit the back houses before the power went out. So has anyone heard what the reason was? News reported it but said Universal had no comment.

The App is still showing really low wait times...

20 AHS
15 Ash
5 Dead Waters
35 Blumhouse
40 Saw
35 Scarecrow
35 Hive
40 The Shining
Fallen- Closed?

is this accurate!

aghhh I was originally supposed to be there this weekend lol... but because of work we had to move our trip to the weekend of the 20th ...I hope we luck out and the crowds aren't too horrid.

Might be a stupid question after not thinking it through, but what are the potential consequences of increasing security (using the extra revenue from selling more alc) vs. cutting alc sales and not utilizing this extra security. Do you think there could be a point of equilibrium where they can successfully keep us and their employees safe while allowing a wider range of alcohol beverages?

Might be a stupid question after not thinking it through, but what are the potential consequences of increasing security (using the extra revenue from selling more alc) vs. cutting alc sales and not utilizing this extra security. Do you think there could be a point of equilibrium where they can successfully keep us and their employees safe while allowing a wider range of alcohol beverages?

There will never be enough, sadly. I think their plan so far has worked for most part. Let's not act like this a dry event. You can still get beer, and mixed drinks are still around - just not available everywhere like they used to be. Only drawback is how they've handled Finn's.

There will never be enough, sadly. I think their plan so far has worked for most part. Let's not act like this a dry event. You can still get beer, and mixed drinks are still around - just not available everywhere like they used to be. Only drawback is how they've handled Finn's.

I'm amazed at how well I've come to accept this change... I guess it's because my wallet is still hurting from last year. TBH I'm happy as long as it helps keep the event as "status-quo" as it is now.

Saturday nights are now notoriously slower since not many locals spend for the All-Nights Pass.

Let's be honest, if you're into HHN enough to know it's going on, you likely have a Frequent Fear Pass, with tonight blocked. Saturdays will get progressively busier as October comes, last two will likely be near capacity crowds.

Power was never restored to the houses last night, although the street lighting in Springfield was reported to come back just before park close. Had to go to Guest Services today to resolve something and saw guests being given a free one night dated ticket with a GAP if they complained about last night. No free Express, ever, for anyone is what I heard each time someone asked.

Crowds were definitely worst on Thursday this weekend. Last night was thrown off by house issues early in the night (Fallen/Shining) and then the power outage later on. Tonight was pretty chill compared to the last two nights.

We left around 11 tonight. Scarecrow was drawing the highest wait tonight - topping out around 70 minutes. Everything else ranged from around 5 to 45 minutes depending on how crowds traveled around the park.

Blumhouse had high waits last night, mostly because it was the only house open on that end. It hit 110 minutes at one point, but then quickly dropped to around 40 minutes and stayed there until the very end.

Let's be honest, if you're into HHN enough to know it's going on, you likely have a Frequent Fear Pass, with tonight blocked. Saturdays will get progressively busier as October comes, last two will likely be near capacity crowds.

My point has kind of been something like this:

We get RoF with the hopes of going four consecutive nights. I think it is a two night event if you want to do everything (non Express). We like the event, so four nights is our goal. I could drive home after the event, but it is around 2.5 to 3 hours of a drive. We enjoy time at the parks, so we try and plan at least five days this time of year.

Every year, I see folks say it is time to get rid of RoF. Every year, I find the 2nd and 3rd SAT to be the slowest of the nights we attend. I feel this is because FFplus cannot go those days, Jon Q public waits until OCT, and anyone else going in those weeks goes for the cheaper nights (often making SUN and THUR the most crowded).

If they ever cut a RoF, I would just go on a SAT, I might not stay in Orlando, and I bet I am not alone in this way of thinking (at least planning a week with RoR...and the hotels, I often run into similar peeps, RoF every year, four nights straight of HHN.

Last night was pretty slow. Much slower than same time last year. I did the passholder event and we were able to do all houses, scares zones, Bill & Ted, and grab a late dinner all before 11:45 with no express. First time I've been able to accomplish that much on a Saturday.

Last night was pretty slow. Much slower than same time last year. I did the passholder event and we were able to do all houses, scares zones, Bill & Ted, and grab a late dinner all before 11:45 with no express. First time I've been able to accomplish that much on a Saturday.

We tend to go week two more times than not since 22. I get that there are flows to parks and such. You have folks they do stay and scream, followed by the rope drop folks, then you have the GP just sort of go until you see something. I just feel there are ways to glide in between all these groups.

So Thurs, this type of logic worked. We walked in at a quarter to eight, hit Saw and went counter clockwise. The hit that Scarecrow is caused us to skip that, then a break...and we were then caught in the Bill and Ted exodus that spikes that side of the park.

Anyway, I mentioned that night felt slower than in years past.

I think this week in general was slower than in the past, but there is a lot of 'stuff' this year for all of FL and most of the world that may have caused this week to be slower than average.

I just hope tonight is as beautiful of a night as last night was (.weather temperature type stuff).

Anyone going tonight, have fun!

We tend to go week two more times than not since 22. I get that there are flows to parks and such. You have folks they do stay and scream, followed by the rope drop folks, then you have the GP just sort of go until you see something. I just feel there are ways to glide in between all these groups.

So Thurs, this type of logic worked. We walked in at a quarter to eight, hit Saw and went counter clockwise. The hit that Scarecrow is caused us to skip that, then a break...and we were then caught in the Bill and Ted exodus that spikes that side of the park.

Anyway, I mentioned that night felt slower than in years past.

I think this week in general was slower than in the past, but there is a lot of 'stuff' this year for all of FL and most of the world that may have caused this week to be slower than average.

I just hope tonight is as beautiful of a night as last night was (.weather temperature type stuff).

Anyone going tonight, have fun!

Agreed. There Is a lot going on right now that may be delaying people from attending the event. The weather last night was definitely on point. I was expecting the usual late afternoon downpour and humidity, which the absent of was a nice treat and made for an enjoyable night.