Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine they're most definitely talking about it even if it is just a small white board with two ideas written on it. Some of the new things that have been heavily rumoured recently, I'd have imagined would be kept back for the new park.

Knowing how Universal work, they'll start construction the same day that they acquire the rights to LOTR and have to change everything.
I meant publicly.

(From an interview with Dynamic Attraction's Guy Nelson --- A talk with Guy Nelson of Dynamic Attractions before his appearance at November’s IAAPA trade show | Live Active Cultures | Orlando Weekly)

Building the successor to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey's ride system

The contract was awarded in 2016 for a second generation Robocoaster. I don't think we've gone on record yet saying what that is or where that is, but it will be a 2018 opening. Again, we don't want to make Universal mad at us, so this is a totally different system, but the same sort of approach.

This particular installation has different constraints and parameters: lower throughput, and intermittent dispatch ... it's a different level of complexity on the controls and programming side. But that's what we do – we have a lot of engineers for a reason. These are the most complicated ride systems in the world, and we've got a bunch of them on the go.

(From an interview with Dynamic Attraction's Guy Nelson --- A talk with Guy Nelson of Dynamic Attractions before his appearance at November’s IAAPA trade show | Live Active Cultures | Orlando Weekly)

The contract was awarded in 2016 for a second generation Robocoaster. I don't think we've gone on record yet saying what that is or where that is, but it will be a 2018 opening. Again, we don't want to make Universal mad at us, so this is a totally different system, but the same sort of approach.

This particular installation has different constraints and parameters: lower throughput, and intermittent dispatch ... it's a different level of complexity on the controls and programming side. But that's what we do – we have a lot of engineers for a reason. These are the most complicated ride systems in the world, and we've got a bunch of them on the go.

"lower throughput, and intermittent dispatch,"...can someone flesh out what this means/entails?

I don't think that rules out the new robocoaster being for Universal, it could just be a decoy. The only thing that obviously isn't true is the 2018 opening, no matter what company it's for nothing is opening in 2018.. unless.. there's no way... FAST AND FURIOUS

I don't think that rules out the new robocoaster being for Universal, it could just be a decoy. The only thing that obviously isn't true is the 2018 opening, no matter what company it's for nothing is opening in 2018.. unless.. there's no way... FAST AND FURIOUS
It's certainly not Universal- he said
Again, we don't want to make Universal mad at us, so this is a totally different system, but the same sort of approach.
Why would Universal be mad that Universal is using a similar ride system at their own park? :D

This will be something overseas, almost assuredly, as nothing on the domestic radar even comes close.

Reactions: Mike S
It's certainly not Universal- he said

Why would Universal be mad that Universal is using a similar ride system at their own park? :D

This will be something overseas, almost assuredly, as nothing on the domestic radar even comes close.

I meant that he said that to intentionally throw us off, but who knows.

Reactions: Andysol

Please be Zelda... :pray:

They will unveil the system at IAAPA 2017. They are pretty excited about this system. Whatever attraction using it will open in 2018. As, @JungleSkip said, it ain't Universal.

We will have to look at who has released nebulous teases for 2018. Most likely in Europe or Asia.

Reactions: Mike S
Sorry to double post, but here is the FJ like system from Dynamic Attractions. It is at Amikoo in Mexico.

Screenshot_2017-09-27-16-02-53.png

Screenshot_2017-09-27-16-01-52.png

Screenshot_2017-09-27-16-03-12.png

It is at 2:55 in the video in this tweet.

Sorry to double post, but here is the FJ like system from Dynamic Attractions. It is at Amikoo in Mexico.

Screenshot_2017-09-27-16-02-53.png

Screenshot_2017-09-27-16-01-52.png

Screenshot_2017-09-27-16-03-12.png

It is at 2:55 in the video in this tweet.

Double post away

Nicely worked out, answered the question and puts any rumours to bed . Guess we will start seeing a few more of these popping up around the globe now Uni doesn't have the hold on it.

Reactions: alias8703
Status
Not open for further replies.