Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Westworld

Just started rewatching Season 1 a few days ago. I'd almost forgotten the sheer brilliance of this show and although the shock factor can never be the same again, rewatching really makes you appreciate so much which was meaningless the first time.

Looking forward to more news about Season 2.

Not read the thread as just picked this up, watched the movie which has lead to the series, only three in but loving it.

As it should. The series jumps back-and-forth in time like crazy as I recall.

yep it sure did, thoroughly enjoyed even though it did leave my cranium feeling like it was going to explode at times. Like all good shows though it left me wanting more and has got me googling for all the detail and trivia I an get lay my eyes on. A fabulous watch which I will view again.

Love all the little nuances and hints throughout the series, even if I didn't pick up on most of them at the time. Two youtube vids ive watched after really opened it up and will make my second viewing even more compelling, will just have to keep stum as I'll rewatch with her indoors :)

Also went back through the thread and boy, some of you guys really analysed it well and had your fingers on the button for most of the plot lines. I really should pay more attention as a lot of it goes over my head, too busy looking at the boobies:p and amazing scenery instead of taking in the deeper narratives, hence needing to hit up google to get help understanding it.

Some great performances, Hopkins face can tell the story without him even speaking and I could watch Thandi as the Madam all day. The fabulously gripping story lines and wonderfully filmed, locations had me hitting play when I should have been setting my alarm and the twists and turns were amazing. All this from someone who doesn't like sci-fi or westerns, I loved it.

I know the series is old now and most will have seen the show and the following vids, but I found the delivery and the content in them to be enjoyable and informative.

OBVIOUSLY DONT WATCH IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE SEASON YET

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="WESTWORLD Ending Explained (Ford's Master Plan, The Maze & Dolores) - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="Westworld TIMELINE EXPLAINED (Season Finale & Man in Black Theory) - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here's another setting up season two.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="WESTWORLD Season 2 Teaser BREAKDOWN - Song Explained! - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had to Wikipedia and read the synopsis so that I could recall the characters and details.

I also read the production details which are fascinating. The choo choo used was a modern recreation made for the movie, The Wild Wild West. Parts of one of the street sets added to an existing backlot was completely torn down so that it could not be reused... lots of stuff like that.

Oh yeah, and a bit of screen writer's inspiration came from the western gunslinger video game, "Red Dead Redemption". I had to watch some of the gameplay on YouTube as I was totally out of the loop on that front.

Oh yeah, and a bit of screen writer's inspiration came from the western gunslinger video game, "Red Dead Redemption". I had to watch some of the gameplay on YouTube as I was totally out of the loop on that front.

Yeah I'm not a gamer but I did read about influences from Grand theft auto and Bioshock including an easter egg of one of the characters in the game.

How BioShock Infinite Helped Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy Create Westworld

Where did you read about the production magic,? I would like to learn more.

Roman World and Medieval World will are hinted at being seen in Season 2.

On Day 2 of the 2017 Vanity Fair Summit, Westworld creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy hinted at the possibility of the introduction of new theme parks in the next season, specifically Roman World and Medieval World, amusement park zones which were included in Michael Crichton’s original 1973 movie. At the top of the panel discussion, Nolan and Joy were asked why they left out Roman World and Medieval World in season 2 with Nolan responding “We had to save something for Season 2.”\
‘Westworld’ Creators Tease Medieval And Roman Worlds In Season 2 Of HBO Series | Deadline

Rewatching...what comes to mind is where is the Fed Government or the modern day PETA? There is so much bio engineering going on. And where is the set department maintenance crew... that saloon heist scene causes some serious damage and everything must be right as rain each morning.

And the sex and debauchery... could a guest interupt a scene by walking up to one of the characters during a heist or a romantic scene between characters and say, “hey babe, yer comin with me and we’re gonna get all sexy”, and walk them out of the story?