Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

This ride has potential to be fun, engaging and informational (Gringotts plussed), but if it turns out to be a cheap Rock 'n' Rollercoaster clone it will be a major disappointment to me.

Do we know if it is "Guardians do Energy" or just dump an IP?

Perhaps.

Another one, that I don't think we ever got an answer on who did it, was 7DMT from Vekoma as-well? It wouldn't shock me in a bit.

I would think Vekoma would be the ones to do Guardians, not Mack. Could I be wrong? Perhaps, but I don't think Mack is a good choice for that type of a coaster just yet.

Yep, and that I would imagine they would want to go with someone that has been well tested for disney and has been used in multiple other parks in the company.

Just now catching up on this thread. Because, well, I dont care that much :D
But wanted to answer this for you @Alexshow
7DMT was built by Vekoma.

Wasn’t there a vertical launch patent a while ago that was rumored to be for Iron Man, or is my memory totally failing me?

Also, if the flying coaster rumor holds true, I’d worry more about capacity than restrictive restraints. The B&M flying coaster at my home park doesn’t seem to turn people away, but its hourly output is one of the worst in the parks. Manta is a much newer model, so Idk how that one fairs in comparison.

This replacing Primeval Whirl is easily worth it.

Have you actually ridden it? Sure the theming is ok for a coaster (from the outside) but as an actual ride :ack:

I would say Primeval is more grin-inducing and Indy is grimace-inducing. It's as interesting as the local Pinfaris at the seaside.

Theme up a Maurer spinner or something if you want a compact "family" coaster

Wasn’t there a vertical launch patent a while ago that was rumored to be for Iron Man, or is my memory totally failing me?

Also, if the flying coaster rumor holds true, I’d worry more about capacity than restrictive restraints. The B&M flying coaster at my home park doesn’t seem to turn people away, but its hourly output is one of the worst in the parks. Manta is a much newer model, so Idk how that one fairs in comparison.
The patent was by Universal, most likely not for this.

Having seen the plans it looks to be a sizable ride track. This will be very much like RnR in that there will be a connecting tunnel (actually it looks like more of a bridge) between the existing UoE building and the show building. I say bridge because it looks like the service road will still run where it does now behind UoE. There appears to be ride track in both buildings with straight sections running parallel (out and back) between them. The exterior of the show building will look a lot like the exterior of the GotG building in DCA.
Does sizeable mean over two minutes long? Can you say how many launches there are?

The long build time could be due to the tech they want to use still being in the R&D phase. And not related to problematic land issues.
Martin has said that it was originally planned to open before Ratatouille and it got skipped because of some hiccups in the design phase, so definitely design related issues.

But also, they just don't need it. They have TSL in 2018, SWL, MK Theater and Mickey in 2019, Rat in 2020 and then TRON and GotG in 2021. From Disney's perspective, they have stuff opening every year, no need to rush this.