Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Martin has said that it was originally planned to open before Ratatouille and it got skipped because of some hiccups in the design phase, so definitely design related issues.

But also, they just don't need it. They have TSL in 2018, SWL, MK Theater and Mickey in 2019, Rat in 2020 and then TRON and GotG in 2021. From Disney's perspective, they have stuff opening every year, no need to rush this.
I didn't realize he had put that out there. But yeah, that's it. What they are working on sounds interesting, but not really game changing.

I'm starting to think that the tie-in to "Classic" Epcot is just going to be a barrage of references and cameos. I would not be surprised to see any of the following characters included: Buzzy from Cranium Command, Bonnie Appitite from Kitchen Kaberet, Figment, Dreamfinder, and EO's Supreme Leader, Hooter, and Fuzzball.

Kingdom Keepers: Guardians of Energy

Oh, so rat is 100% coming to Orlando...until it isn’t... I don’t trust Disney until I see earth moving equipment.
Even then.

I think Disney would be stupid to cancel any projects at this point, as they've caused Universal to hit the gas even harder after D23

Reactions: Mad Dog
What I've heard is the Guardians go back in time to old Epcot to save Peter as a kid. No education, no inspiration, no hope. Just fan service BS that could be swapped out to fit in ANY park.
That sounds... absurdly niche.

Unless they do a thing where you can pick your own ending. Then it would be the greatest ride of all time.

Reactions: Joel
Does sizeable mean over two minutes long? Can you say how many launches there are?

Sizable meaning the track twists through the show building a couple of times. Picture the layout of Test Track but where the turnaround outside of the building is, add a twisty section in a show building:

ttlayout.jpg

Sizable meaning the track twists through the show building a couple of times. Picture the layout of Test Track but where the turnaround outside of the building is, add a twisty section in a show building:

ttlayout.jpg
Okay. I THINK that you mean that it’s not a Rock’N’Rollercoaster where essentially all of the ride takes place in the gravity building, but that there will be a decent bit of ride in the original building as well.

Is that it, or am I just really dense today?

Nope, that's what it looked like to me on the plans. I kind of pictured from what I saw a dark ride portion in the main building, launch tunnel to the show building, coaster section, return tunnel back to the main building.

It really is a beautiful building from ground level.

Moreso when properly dressed.

The fountain barriers and curbs are designed to be the same color as the concrete. Then there are the ponds - the central one of course but the original design had more ponds with mirrors and tile where there topiary and plantings are now on the front and sides of the main building.

Then in the original plants chosen - papyrus. It looks like a poof ball on a stick. They floated it in the fountains and planted it in the planters. When reflected in the ponds or the mirrors it looked like two poofs on a big stick with its double image.

This was all to play into the off-kilter askew look of the building. Give it the feeling it was sinking amorphically into the ground. The division between the ground and the building thoroughly obscured by the aforementioned design choices.

Found a decent pic from shortly after opening:

018-Spaceship-Earth-and-Universe-of-Energy.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't realize he had put that out there. But yeah, that's it. What they are working on sounds interesting, but not really game changing.

I'm starting to think that the tie-in to "Classic" Epcot is just going to be a barrage of references and cameos. I would not be surprised to see any of the following characters included: Buzzy from Cranium Command, Bonnie Appitite from Kitchen Kaberet, Figment, Dreamfinder, and EO's Supreme Leader, Hooter, and Fuzzball.

I think this sounds pretty neat lol ...

Reactions: Ashhanbre

YEES! This! Also need some nod to Horizons as well. :agree:

I was expecting absolutely 0 references to EPCOT or any form of edutainment so even if it is fan service at least it is tying to EPCOT in a any way at all... I was just expecting like a roller coaster through space with 0 ties to Epcot or any educational material so I'll take it.

Reactions: Disneyhead
We all know a Guardians ride doesn't belong in Epcot. That's a given. But that's the situation we find ourselves in. Ideally, then, would I prefer the ride attempt to adhere to the park's founding principles? Absolutely. Since that's not likely to happen, the choices are: a ride filled with in-jokes and references to Epcot, or a ride lacking any connectivity to Epcot whatsoever.

With those choices, I'll take the pandering references. That doesn't mean I'm happy about it, though.

We all know a Guardians ride doesn't belong in Epcot. That's a given. But that's the situation we find ourselves in. Ideally, then, would I prefer the ride attempt to adhere to the park's founding principles? Absolutely. Since that's not likely to happen, the choices are: a ride filled with in-jokes and references to Epcot, or a ride lacking any connectivity to Epcot whatsoever.

With those choices, I'll take the pandering references. That doesn't mean I'm happy about it, though.
I agree. Best of a bad situation.

It'd win me over if we get the orange smell back in some form. Horizons gone and then they removed it from Soarin. So now no more orange smell to trigger my childhood nostalgia.

I don’t think there will be many references. Seriously.

I don’t think there will be many references. Seriously.

Then I really can't wait to see how Disney attempts to justify the ride supposedly fitting into the spirit of Epcot, as they've repeatedly said it will. There will be some incredible PR spinning going on if that's how it ends up happening.

Reactions: Ashhanbre