Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

Universal app says the Shining is already at a 25min wait... seriously?

Well 10 of those are just walking through the exterior queue ;)

I was going to say, when we went to ASH early once, the sign said five minutes...I laughed and said that means it is a walk on as the average guest takes 10 minutes to get to the entrance...we had an appointment, saw that we stopped by the speakers in the woods....waited 10 minutes, we still were not at where the clips were playing...so we left (as the Express line kept getting more and more guest coming in)...

I think today was one of the least crowded days of the event so far. Also really nice weather in spite of the forecast (which I’m assuming maybe kept people away). I met up with some family visiting from out of town so didn’t make it in until after 6:30. Was still able to casually hit 6 houses, B&T and walk around scarezones all by 11:00. Around 11:00 pretty much everything was a 10-20 minute wait. We walked on to AHS even though the posted wait was 15.

I think today was one of the least crowded days of the event so far. Also really nice weather in spite of the forecast (which I’m assuming maybe kept people away). I met up with some family visiting from out of town so didn’t make it in until after 6:30. Was still able to casually hit 6 houses, B&T and walk around scarezones all by 11:00. Around 11:00 pretty much everything was a 10-20 minute wait. We walked on to AHS even though the posted wait was 15.

Yeah, it was definitely a good night with crowds.

Got to the event around 9ish and hit every house once (did Hive and Scarecrow twice), and saw Bill & Ted - and still spent the final 45 min just taking photos. Ops was already starting to get rid of most of the queues around 12:30.

Last night's crowds were silly (in a good way).

Did all but two houses, hung out in Scarezones and Diagon, road three rides and watched AoV and left around 11:00. Wish the crowds were always like that

Tonight has been very good to us. Essentially just walked right in to eight houses in a row by 7:30, and then a 45 minute wait for Saw. All nine houses completed by 8:30.
No one showed up early because of the rain, which probably played in your favor in getting the houses done so fast. It was an pretty busy night though so you were lucky.

First night last night (Saturday). Crowds light IMO. AHS was running at 15 mins several times during the night - didn't see it over 50.

I know this isn't the house review thread, so I won't go on ... but my God what a year. I am seriously stunned with all four originals.

Quick question - has anyone done the scareactor dinner solo (I know I'm a loser). My wife didn't come down this year. Thinking about going but wondering if it would be worth it solo.

First night last night (Saturday). Crowds light IMO. AHS was running at 15 mins several times during the night - didn't see it over 50.

I know this isn't the house review thread, so I won't go on ... but my God what a year. I am seriously stunned with all four originals.

Quick question - has anyone done the scareactor dinner solo (I know I'm a loser). My wife didn't come down this year. Thinking about going but wondering if it would be worth it solo.

I've never done it solo nor did we do it this year, but the two years prior, my family enjoyed it, it is a good way (to me) to get something event related in while taking care of having dinner (at a better quality than any of the QS places). Something about eating at a table, having service (I think they brought our trays to the table after we went through the buffet) while getting some scareactor time in. Anyway, both years we went, we did see someone solo so I would say not to let your insecurities over eating solo stop you from taking in the event at your pace/your rules...man, next year can you take my family so I can have a night my way!!

^^^ Thanks brother. There is definitely some positives to going solo - I would never do HHN with casual friends. However I enjoy going with my wife ... you are right I do feel insecure about going for dinner solo lol.

Happy haunt season and thanks for the reply!

My friends and I will be there on Friday and Saturday 13-14. We're wondering if we can buy our express passes while we're there during the day or if it will sell out before then? One friend gets paid Thursday night so it's hard for us to get them much sooner

My friends and I will be there on Friday and Saturday 13-14. We're wondering if we can buy our express passes while we're there during the day or if it will sell out before then? One friend gets paid Thursday night so it's hard for us to get them much sooner

I hope I don't steer you wrong but I don't think you'll have any problem buying Express the day of. Attendance has seemed lower than same time last year and the higher Express price seems to have fewer people buying them. Have a great time!

Don't they usually give you a discount for the express after a certain time? I bought FFP with one day express (Wed) but I'm thinking of maybe buying another one for my last day there (Thur).

Don't they usually give you a discount for the express after a certain time? I bought FFP with one day express (Wed) but I'm thinking of maybe buying another one for my last day there (Thur).
After 10 they give a discount if it's still available.