Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

Don't care about the shoehorn, this is going to be sweet and with the towers across the street will be cohesive. What are they doing with the shed roof against the parking garage? I don't remember that from the plans.

@Brian G. your link in the first post goes 404? Hope you are enjoying the Horrah!
Yes, I think it looks good. It may be a value but it doesn't certainly doesn't have the cheap look of a Disney All Stars value resort.

According the the website it doesn’t have bus transportation to VB so there must be pedestrian access.

Makes sense, I could not imagine them offer bus service, I mean, I think the walk to the security gate is closer than the walk from the bus to the security gate (the hotels drop off in those spots closer to Aventura so that they are funneled through security. The ones from the garage drop off further up and have an entrance sort of on the other side since they go through security at the garage, at least it was that way in June.

But it is silly how close thie walk is from this new hotel. Even SF will have an easy walk when construction is done.

Have they begun using all the new convention space that was built during Sapphire? It seems no one here ever talks about what conventions are going on within UOR...
When I stayed last year a month after opening there were lots of people with name tags running around and Strongwater would get busy in the evening. I walked to RPR a couple of times and it looked like SF was pretty booked while the space at RPR was sparse. Probably discounts but they were off and running selling hotel rooms and meeting space.

Have they begun using all the new convention space that was built during Sapphire? It seems no one here ever talks about what conventions are going on within UOR...
The two times that we've stayed at Sapphire there were always large numbers of people dressed in suits and business attire. That's generally an indicator that it's the convention crowd. Sapphire really has the feel of a good Marriott, more so than a theme park resort hotel.And if you look at advance bookings, I've often seen whole weeks sold out, or nearly sold out, more than eight months in advance

Stayed at Sapphire from September 28 through October 3 and there were numerous groups/meetings the entire time.

To get back on topic, and I'm sure its been discussed, but when I checked into Sapphire, I brought up Aventura at check-in and was told it would be same pricing as CBBR and that guests would be encouraged to walk to Sapphire to use the boat transportation to the parks.

I don't think there's anything official information about that yet. It's easy to imagine that they'll just have a sidewalk down Adventure Way to the tunnel, but I can't say I've seen anything that explicitly says that.

but really, when I was there in June, the security gate for VB from on site hotels is there were the cars will drive in to drop luggage/check in and stuff.

Stayed at Sapphire from September 28 through October 3 and there were numerous groups/meetings the entire time.

To get back on topic, and I'm sure its been discussed, but when I checked into Sapphire, I brought up Aventura at check-in and was told it would be same pricing as CBBR and that guests would be encouraged to walk to Sapphire to use the boat transportation to the parks.

Hope they add more boats.