Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

Are drones completely out of the question for this show? I know Disney tested with that Springs Christmas show, but I'm curious if that could be a direction.
I wasn't a fan of the Disney Springs one. Hard to make out what it was unless you stood in exactly the right place. Maybe someday the tech will get better, but I don't think it's ready for a show seen from multiple vantage points.

I wasn't a fan of the Disney Springs one. Hard to make out what it was unless you stood in exactly the right place. Maybe someday the tech will get better, but I don't think it's ready for a show seen from multiple vantage points.
There are other ways to use drones that doesn't involve multiple drones forming one image. I mean, an army of jetpacked Minions would be funny.

There are other ways to use drones that doesn't involve multiple drones forming one image. I mean, an army of jetpacked Minions would be funny.

To say something, Osaka had Dementor Drones for their show. I see it highly probable that they may invest in two drones for the show.

EDIT: From Ryan Kennedy..

Last edited:
Wondering if they'll even reuse the existing projector locations, or if they'll be removed as well

Honestly, I would think that they would logistically bring in Christie for all new projectors for the show, considering of their partnership still seeming to stand.

To ask, wouldn't the projectors previously there have wear and tear from the heat exposures of the sun in the day periods? I would think that'd be highly probable.

Honestly, I would think that they would logistically bring in Christie for all new projectors for the show, considering of their partnership still seeming to stand.

To ask, wouldn't the projectors previously there have wear and tear from the heat exposures of the sun in the day periods? I would think that'd be highly probable.
Yeah, probably all new stuff...Old ones might be used for HHN or something else....Or sold off

Did they put it back in? What I saw was that two of them were still in there

I don't think that any of them were ever removed. They're actually the same exact barges from the movie balls just reworked. They haven't left the water in forever. They'd need cranes and stuff to take them out

Notice in the pic earlier that claims it was removed that there is a line of fountains going through the center of the photo. Wherever the barges go there's a break in the fountains

Glad they’re trying to freshen things up. I’d love for Uni to put together a good parade next. Superstar or whatever it’s called makes Move it Shake it look like Paint the Night. Saddest excuse for a parade ever
I've heard another new float is coming.

How was the quality of them as of the last showing? If it still is rather good, I can easily see them bringing those projectors over for Hogsmeade and the nighttime shows.
When I was there last month the projectors are "meh". So much of the film is black/dark backgrounds- and to project from that far a dark image, it all comes out washed out/grey. The film needs updated more than the projectors (which also need updated, of course). Film wil likely focus on brighter images/colors and less blacks; as has been the trend everywhere else.

The very Best thing about the Cinemagic show was Morgan Freeman's narration. Hopefully they get him to narrate the new show before another fake news story of his death gets circulated.
I was just watching Ken Burns Civil War documentary last night w/ Freeman doing parts of the narration. David Attenborough is the only one arguably better.