Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey guys,
those cars look awsome but i had past experience with X-cars and the lap bars realy squeeze you (and im pretty skinny!) they realy stop you breathing, its pretty annoying but im sure these will be fine...

dsc0034edit.jpg

And the train covered in tarps:

dsc0036.jpg

dsc0038.jpg

Nice pic's looks like they are almost there. I can't wait till this opens! Thanks for the update!

I have heard from 2 different sources tha HRRR had its first successful test run about 3am last night.
And that July 3rd is in fact the target date for opening.

I have heard from 2 different sources tha HRRR had its first successful test run about 3am last night.
And that July 3rd is in fact the target date for opening.
i been hearing about that as well from other websites. would it be more likely that all testing will be done around 2-3am? i hope not

i think it is plus how can they reach 1000 hours of testing in those little time periods

They must run it throughout the night. I don't understand why they haven't started testing the ride during the day....

Maybe they don't want to run it due to weather in the past couple days? :shrug:

They can test as late as they want. The closing hours are based on guest screaming (as in open hours). But since there are no guests on the thing, they can run it as late as they want.

They can test as late as they want. The closing hours are based on guest screaming (as in open hours). But since there are no guests on the thing, they can run it as late as they want.

Check the permits. I don't think they're allowed to run after 11 period, but I might be wrong. They really should start testing during the day though. I can understand that the first couple of test runs should be done at night to make sure nothing flies off of the track during runs, but after two or three nights of that, the majority of testing should be done during the day.

Check the permits. I don't think they're allowed to run after 11 period, but I might be wrong. They really should start testing during the day though. I can understand that the first couple of test runs should be done at night to make sure nothing flies off of the track during runs, but after two or three nights of that, the majority of testing should be done during the day.

There is no such permit. It's kind of a un-written rule. They only do that to please there neighbors. They run them late at HHN and GradBash.

Not to sound brash, but why? What's the big difference between running it during the day or at night? We all know that Universal loves secrecy, so let them have their fun. Sure, I'd love to see a video of the thing running the track, but the fact of the matter is that I still won't be riding until late June or early July.

Would noise from the coaster disrupt resisdents?
I only thought that there was a residential area towards the back of IOA?

I think that this was already mentioned, but the coasters themselves aren't really that loud. It's the screaming guests that ride them that caused local residents to complain. As you can probably guess, water dummies that are used to test coasters aren't really screamers, so Universal can test at any time without worry.

Not to sound brash, but why? What's the big difference between running it during the day or at night? We all know that Universal loves secrecy, so let them have their fun. Sure, I'd love to see a video of the thing running the track, but the fact of the matter is that I still won't be riding until late June or early July.

Because it allows for the coaster to be tested during more hours, which reduces the amount of days the coaster needs to be tested. It's what, 1000 hours of testing before they can legally open it to the public? Test during the day and night, and you drastically reduce the period of time that the coaster is tested in before soft openings.

Because it allows for the coaster to be tested during more hours, which reduces the amount of days the coaster needs to be tested. It's what, 1000 hours of testing before they can legally open it to the public?
Considering that's about 42 days non-stop... :lol: :yikes:

Try 100 hours. :thumbs:

Considering that's about 42 days non-stop... :lol: :yikes:

Try 100 hours. :thumbs:

Ok, 100 hours. I pressed the 0 one too many times. :lol:

That's still a little over 4 days non-stop. So what are they waiting for? If the rumors are correct, run this baby during the day as well! The sooner you get the ride open, the sooner the revenue comes pumping in.