Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay or Offsite?

It is a tossup really, if your goal is just to get into the park say for early entry take the bus and give yourself about 30 - 40 minutes before early entry time. If you are going for a romantic dinner at CW take the boat.

You will never wait much for the bus, the taxi can take 10 - 15 minutes sometimes.

Yeah we aren't super early risers, so we will probably head to the parks around 9 or so. Definitely not a romantic getaway, but I'm wondering how long the security line gets on a weekend if we don't go first thing in the morning.

Yeah we aren't super early risers, so we will probably head to the parks around 9 or so. Definitely not a romantic getaway, but I'm wondering how long the security line gets on a weekend if we don't go first thing in the morning.

Like I said, Uni's security line moves really fast. I wouldn't worry about it all that much.

Hey Guys!

One more quick question for you all....what is the easier/quicker option to go to CityWalk...taking the bus or walking to SF and taking the water taxi?

I've never had an issue with the Uni security line. Always moves quickly, and the buses are quicker to/from the hotels. Not sure I'd call the walk from the bus drop off, which is right below security, to CityWalk all that long either.

It is a tossup really, if your goal is just to get into the park say for early entry take the bus and give yourself about 30 - 40 minutes before early entry time. If you are going for a romantic dinner at CW take the boat.

You will never wait much for the bus, the taxi can take 10 - 15 minutes sometimes.

I think a lot has to do with where you are going. The walk from CBBR, SF, and RP takes you to the side of Margaritaville. The bus takes you to the parking garages security, and the boat takes you to that NBC grill place.

So, to me, I might even save some walking if I am going to Cowfish by walking. I doubt I would really save any walking but time of day and temperatures can play into the choice as well.

I find the walks and security easier by avoiding needing to go to the garage, but that really plays into time of day and events that might be happening (say HHN or rope drop, mass exedus time of day)

You also might run into a rickshaw while walking....

At that time I would take the taxi if you can. A lot depends on where you stay, if you are in or down by the towers it is a real hike to SF so you can catch the taxi. I would do the bus then. If you are in the Courtyard and certainly if you are in the building closest to the park I would walk over to SF.

Security is NOT always like this but it can be at that busy time on a weekend.

Transportation-Hub-695x361.jpg

At that time I would take the taxi if you can. A lot depends on where you stay, if you are in or down by the towers it is a real hike to SF so you can catch the taxi. I would do the bus then. If you are in the Courtyard and certainly if you are in the building closest to the park I would walk over to SF.

Security is NOT always like this but it can be at that busy time on a weekend.

View attachment 5622
Yeah I remember being in those crowds before so that's why I asked. Didn't know if it was a fluke thing or not. I guess at the end of the day, we're going to relax and have a good time, so that means not having to rush early in the morning to beat crowds. But at the same time, if we're waiting in lines all day and walking, probably for the best to avoid additional security lines too. I'd rather take the water taxi if it only takes an additional 5-10 min to get there since it seems more laid back, but if it's a nuisance then we will stick with the bus.

On that note...if you walk over using the Cabana Bay walkway, where is bag checks for that?

Yeah I remember being in those crowds before so that's why I asked. Didn't know if it was a fluke thing or not. I guess at the end of the day, we're going to relax and have a good time, so that means not having to rush early in the morning to beat crowds. But at the same time, if we're waiting in lines all day and walking, probably for the best to avoid additional security lines too. I'd rather take the water taxi if it only takes an additional 5-10 min to get there since it seems more laid back, but if it's a nuisance then we will stick with the bus.

On that note...if you walk over using the Cabana Bay walkway, where is bag checks for that?
On the walkway, the security check is right before you get to Marguritaville. That one is fast and usually only has a few people, if any, in line. Security also seems friendlier & less obtrusive on the hotel walk way & water taxi checks than the mass parking garage checks.

I've done both. My opinion is DO NOT DO THE BUS. That picture of the line is real and it does NOT move fast in my experience. The security line at the boats is so much easier. And that walk from Citiwalk IS LONG.

I've done both. My opinion is DO NOT DO THE BUS. That picture of the line is real and it does NOT move fast in my experience. The security line at the boats is so much easier. And that walk from Citiwalk IS LONG.

It depends when you go. The security lines are not like this during early entry and in the middle of the day. Its this bad before HHN starts though. And I haven't seen it before the general public opening also so cannot comment on that.