Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

I gotta say Splash Mountain is starting to show its age... has there been any word of an extensive refurb? Almost all the animatronics are broken lol

Actually, now that you mention it, Disneyland's refurb schedule has been a little bit lax lately. There used to be quite a bit more attractions offline or scheduled to be, especially for winter, in previous years. I literally used to have to schedule my trips around Matterhorn refurbs. :lol:

Mice Chat had a photo display of Splash a few days back. Utterly terrible show. So many AA's down and the lighting was so dark in areas, they said you could barely see anything.

Disney announced today that Joseph D'Amaro, VP of WDW Animal Kingdom, will replace Michael Colglazier as President of the Disneyland Resort. This change takes place in March 2018. Colglazier will become Manager Director of Disney Asia. (From a report by Robert Niles, TPI)

Second straight VP of Animal Kingdom to move on to become President of Disneyland Resort.
Yes. Colglazier came from there. Interesting. Colglazier was there when the park was static and things like the Tree of Life were having "issues". While D'Amaro presided over the renaissance of AK, namely new Lion King theater, and African area land and restaurant expansions (maybe the most beautiful area of any Disney park), Pandora expansion, night time hours and shows (Tree of Life & Rivers of Light).

I'm surprised they haven't started on that parking structure yet. Don't they want it to be open by Star Wars?

I'm surprised they haven't started on that parking structure yet. Don't they want it to be open by Star Wars?

It was announced that construction would start Feb 2018 when the new plans came out. They've been doing prep work on the new structure a few days now. They're going to start tearing the Pinocchio lot up in the middle of this month.

I doubt they'll do away with monthly payments altogether. But it's crazy to see that Disneyland's most expensive pass with no blackout dates is $320 more than WDW's Platinum Plus pass.