Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

Most FFPholders I know go for at least a dozen nights on their $100ish ticket. Many go for 20 or more. I don't think the average Passholder visits the parks 20 times in a year with a $450ish AP. It's not a case of me hating the FFP--I've bought one every year since 2005--it's me being realistic that it is insanely underpriced. FFP should be at least triple its price.
While it works out to an extremely good value, raising the price would be a case of diminishing returns, or probably outright significant drops in attendance. Most regulars aren't going to spend too much more than what they're spending now. The ultimate pass was a good way to squeeze a little more out. I would guess that most FFP's are actually being used 2-3 days. With the main reason being those who visit from out of town and want to do more than one night. As an example I had family visit from out of town this year. They initially were looking at just one maybe two days. After looking at the FFP and realizing for a pretty good price they could make a weekend of it and do Thur, Fri and Sun that's what they decided to do. So a one night event turned into a four day stay with also visits to the parks during the day. I think this is what they really want FFP to do.

While it works out to an extremely good value, raising the price would be a case of diminishing returns, or probably outright significant drops in attendance. Most regulars aren't going to spend too much more than what they're spending now. The ultimate pass was a good way to squeeze a little more out. I would guess that most FFP's are actually being used 2-3 days. With the main reason being those who visit from out of town and want to do more than one night. As an example I had family visit from out of town this year. They initially were looking at just one maybe two days. After looking at the FFP and realizing for a pretty good price they could make a weekend of it and do Thur, Fri and Sun that's what they decided to do. So a one night event turned into a four day stay with also visits to the parks during the day. I think this is what they really want FFP to do.

Nailed it

Most FFPholders I know go for at least a dozen nights on their $100ish ticket. Many go for 20 or more. I don't think the average Passholder visits the parks 20 times in a year with a $450ish AP. It's not a case of me hating the FFP--I've bought one every year since 2005--it's me being realistic that it is insanely underpriced. FFP should be at least triple its price.

I agree but it is also expensive for those that live in another state and are only there a week. I wish they had a cheaper 3 day pass option.

I agree but it is also expensive for those of us that are in another state and are only there a week. I wish they had a cheaper 3 day pass option.
Honestly this is the only way I could see them getting rid of FFP. If they come up with a 3 day pass it's likely going to be the same or higher than the FFP. They then would need to raise the price of FFP which could lead to it's end. I think it's simpler as is and satisfies both groups so it's really a don't fix it if it isn't broken situation.

Honestly this is the only way I could see them getting rid of FFP. If they come up with a 3 day pass it's likely going to be the same or higher than the FFP. They then would need to raise the price of FFP which could lead to it's end. I think it's simpler as is and satisfies both groups so it's really a don't fix it if it isn't broken situation.

How do you know a 3 day pass would likely be the same price or higher? Not trying to argue just curious.

Instead of raising prices maybe they could substract dates from it
And i wonder if there was anyone hardcore enough to get the full every day ffp and went every single day lol

How do you know a 3 day pass would likely be the same price or higher? Not trying to argue just curious.
Well I don’t “know” it just would make sense. The FFP is already only slightly higher than a one day ticket. FFP as a 3 day pass is already a really good bargain. Creating a 3 or multi-day pass though changes the demographic a bit. The type of people targeted by a pass like that would likely be those planning short or long stays. Those people are already paying more for hotels, food etc. so they could likely get away with a little bit higher price point. Of course that then goes back to my original point obviously FFP would have to be higher or otherwise what’s the point. Then it starts to turn away the local regulars or push them into the multi-day pass which only decreases the revenue gained from them.

Yeah, FFP is never going, just be prepared for the price to go up.

I was kind of surprised they didn’t increase FFP this year. It’s definitely due for a price bump next year. I would guess in the $10 - $20 range.

We try to plan our trips w/ RoF in mind. We really like the event and feel that 4 nights is perfect. If they were ever to play around w/ passes, I would hope they would offer (even if it is just hotel guest) a ticket that was good for Thurs through Sun on any given week...but yeah, if RoF ever went away and it became too costly to go four nights, we would seriously rethink what we give UNI...if the family likes HHN above all else, I could see us dropping our AP's and just doing HHN...but, hopefully this is not an issue in the near future.

I like your idea of a 3-day pass. But as for diminishing returns, I disagree. Sell plenty of $450 APs, I think they could sell a comparable FFP. Those who can't afford it would be reduced to the 3-day pass you propose, which would significantly reduce stress on the event.

It's a lot like trying to explain why DVC is bad for Disney--you have to look at revenue v. expenditure on the part of the resort, ignoring the effect on guests.

I like your idea of a 3-day pass. But as for diminishing returns, I disagree. Sell plenty of $450 APs, I think they could sell a comparable FFP. Those who can't afford it would be reduced to the 3-day pass you propose, which would significantly reduce stress on the event.

It's a lot like trying to explain why DVC is bad for Disney--you have to look at revenue v. expenditure on the part of the resort, ignoring the effect on guests.
Well that’s the problem, a $400 FFP for example would push a large number of people to a 3 or even 1 day ticket in that scenario. That would create reduced attendance and reduced in park spending while keeping ticket revenue roughly the same maybe less. So the net result would be a loss. I think we as guests also fall into the trap of believing that there is stress on the event as you say. The last time they actually had capacity issues was 2014 and even then it was only 1 or 2 days. Diagon Alley seems to have fixed that. HHN is the type of event they want to fill up as many nights as possible.

Every time a ffp person goes tey have to buy food and drink, eat dinner at the park, specially because ffp goers go in a more relaxed mindset ( i even start to recognize people after a couple of nights when im sitting by the restaurants)
But when i take people for one night only ( or first timers) they are so busy trying to get all the houses done that they might just get a churro or a cup of soda in between houses.
Obviously this doesnt apply to everybody, and a lot of one night visitors will go to the restaurants, but i personally have noticed that when people go one night they dont really wanna wait in line and sit for a full dinner.
Same thing happened when i went to howl o scream. My group just bought chips and stuff.

Well that’s the problem, a $400 FFP for example would push a large number of people to a 3 or even 1 day ticket in that scenario. That would create reduced attendance and reduced in park spending while keeping ticket revenue roughly the same maybe less. So the net result would be a loss. I think we as guests also fall into the trap of believing that there is stress on the event as you say. The last time they actually had capacity issues was 2014 and even then it was only 1 or 2 days. Diagon Alley seems to have fixed that. HHN is the type of event they want to fill up as many nights as possible.

That's where we disagree. I don't see guests buying a T-shirt or shot glass every time they come. I think guest spending will be similar at 3 nights v. 15.

Alcohol used to be the great exception that disproved that assumption. But as they phase out booze, makes the argument that an AP spends more in 20 nights than 3 harder to believe.

That's where we disagree. I don't see guests buying a T-shirt or shot glass every time they come. I think guest spending will be similar at 3 nights v. 15.

Alcohol used to be the great exception that disproved that assumption. But as they phase out booze, makes the argument that an AP spends more in 20 nights than 3 harder to believe.
My bank account disagrees with you.:lol:

While there are certainly a few people who will be in and out without spending anything. The majority is at least going to eat and have a drink.

Last edited: