Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

There is absolutely no solid speculation regarding maze locations for any of these properties or where they'd fit best. Even AHS could randomly switch to the JP queue if it wanted. Walking Dead has been in 4 different locations. Saying The Thing fits best in the Mummy "because it's cold" is silly. In 2011, it was in the WWW Arena, where the line for Parisian Courtyard mazes are now. It was HUGE. They pumped air in and it didn't work all that well, but that's irrelevant -- they'll choose appropriate set design for an area over temperature. And that's not even certain. Last year, I'd wager to guess Shining would no way in hell be in Mummy because it's too small to recreate the Overlook -- and for the most part I was right, but they did it anyway, but the maze turned just fine even without grandiose sets. So as I said, speculating locations at this point is too early -- figure out the mazes first. For Godsake, Stranger Things is still in most speculated line ups and that tells me we're pretty far off.

There is absolutely no solid speculation regarding maze locations for any of these properties or where they'd fit best. Even AHS could randomly switch to the JP queue if it wanted. Walking Dead has been in 4 different locations. Saying The Thing fits best in the Mummy "because it's cold" is silly. In 2011, it was in the WWW Arena, where the line for Parisian Courtyard mazes are now. It was HUGE. They pumped air in and it didn't work all that well, but that's irrelevant -- they'll choose appropriate set design for an area over temperature. And that's not even certain. Last year, I'd wager to guess Shining would no way in hell be in Mummy because it's too small to recreate the Overlook -- and for the most part I was right, but they did it anyway, but the maze turned just fine even without grandiose sets. So as I said, speculating locations at this point is too early -- figure out the mazes first. For Godsake, Stranger Things is still in most speculated line ups and that tells me we're pretty far off.

I think you're in for a rude awakening next year.

I haven’t posted much here so far because I’d rather wait til January to start talking about next year, but you guys are crazy if you don’t think IT and Stranger Things are locks for properties they’ll go after. Whether or not we’ll get them is a different story but there’s no way they won’t try, their popularity is too big to ignore.

Stranger Things is amazingly popular but *claps between words* THERE. IS. NO. MAZE. VAL-UE. OR. CON-TENT! It'd be one thing if Murdy watched the show and responded to tweets saying, "I'd love to," BUT HE HASN'T EVEN SEEN IT!!!

Stranger Things is amazingly popular but *claps between words* THERE. IS. NO. MAZE. VAL-UE. OR. CON-TENT! It'd be one thing if Murdy watched the show and responded to tweets saying, "I'd love to," BUT HE HASN'T EVEN SEEN IT!!!

Between the Byers house, High School, Upside Down, Hawkins Lab, and a few forest scenes you have a maze that could easily fill up a tent or SS. Hell, if This is the End could be a maze I’m sure just about anything could fill a maze

Between the Byers house, High School, Upside Down, Hawkins Lab, and a few forest scenes you have a maze that could easily fill up a tent or SS. Hell, if This is the End could be a maze I’m sure just about anything could fill a maze

I wouldn't doubt there'd probably be screens for the Mind Flayer, or focus mainly on the demigorgon and demidogs mainly. Just hope that they won't go overboard with black rooms for the Upside Down sections.

I wouldn't doubt there'd probably be screens for the Mind Flayer, or focus mainly on the demigorgon and demidogs mainly. Just hope that they won't go overboard with black rooms for the Upside Down sections.

Id imagine the Mind Flayer would be done through a projection or be done like the Alien Queen. But yeah the maze would probably be mostly demigorgans/demidogs, and the Upside Down would hopefully be done in the viney/ashy style that was seen through Will and Chief Hopper’s perspective.

If they take creative liberties, I think they could pull it off well.

I think they could even pull of having the scene where Will is tied up in the shed and the Mind Flayer is using him as the spy. Maybe have the bright lights of that room disorient guests and have a demidog scare you while you're distracted.

If they take creative liberties, I think they could pull it off well.

I think they could even pull of having the scene where Will is tied up in the shed and the Mind Flayer is using him as the spy. Maybe have the bright lights of that room disorient guests and have a demidog scare you while you're distracted.

Yeah; I hope we get at least one possession scene, and maybe a few Eleven scenes since she’s probably the most iconic character on the show.

Another thing I was thinking about was if a new CD comes next year and he/she is able to bring Trick 'r Treat, without waiting for the sequel, I could totally see them utilize comic book aspects within the maze. If, because of budgetary reasons, there are rooms without props and windows in the walls, maybe they could paint comic panels around various windows, to make it look like antagonists from the comic are jumping from panels. I could definitely see this maze probably being placed in the Water World queue.