Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Incredibles II

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It has been announced by Pixar that the long-awaited installment of The Incredibles will release on June 21st; 2019.

I'll just be here, smiling and grinning about it but whats your thoughts on this?

I'm still not convinced this is ever going to happen. It's been moved and pushed back so many times since they announced it a few years ago

I think if Tomorrowland had been a hit, it might've fallen apart. But just like Stanton, Bird is now in director's jail, manning a sequel to the animated film that skyrocketed his career.

Bumpety bump:

So, I don't know what to think. The first is one of my favorite movies of all time. I've wanted this movie to happen for over 60 percent of my life. BUT, I'm afraid they're just going to coast off people my age's nostalgia and make the same movie (as is the case with so many sequels--side note, I thought Guardians 2 was really underrated for avoiding being a retread of the original). Obviously Pixar has a record of hiding A LOT of things in the trailer (which is good IMO), and I hope that's the case here.

If nothing else, it looks like this one will be as funny as the first one.

Bumpety bump:

So, I don't know what to think. The first is one of my favorite movies of all time. I've wanted this movie to happen for over 60 percent of my life. BUT, I'm afraid they're just going to coast off people my age's nostalgia and make the same movie (as is the case with so many sequels--side note, I thought Guardians 2 was really underrated for avoiding being a retread of the original). Obviously Pixar has a record of hiding A LOT of things in the trailer (which is good IMO), and I hope that's the case here.

If nothing else, it looks like this one will be as funny as the first one.

Pixar has a mixed history when it comes to Sequels/Prequels. Toy Story Sequels were above average and I think you could say Finding Dory was above average as well, but both Cars sequels have been atrocious and Monsters University was just unnecessary and forced.

The more footage I see, the more similar it looks to the original. I have had a great deal of hope, but now, I have my expectations sincerely low.
It looks like the roles are flipped from the original.

Yeah I've been preparing myself for a disappointment. I don't want to spend months upon months trying to convince myself I liked it ala SW fanboys who camped out for Phantom Menace.

What POs me is that them working as a team shouldn't be something confined to the climax, since that issue was resolved at the end of the first movie. :/

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Monsters U. I haven't seen the Cars sequels of course (nor Good Dinosaur or Finding Dory), but it's easily my least favorite Pixar film.

Last edited:
Yeah I've been preparing myself for a disappointment. I don't want to spend months upon months trying to convince myself I liked it ala SW fanboys who camped out for Phantom Menace.

What POs me is that them working as a team shouldn't be something confined to the climax, since that issue was resolved at the end of the first movie. :/

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Monsters U. I haven't seen the Cars sequels of course (nor Good Dinosaur, Finding Dory or Coco--only the latter of those do I have any desire to see, mind you), but it's easily my least favorite Pixar film.

I don't hate MU, as I find the animation and acting great, but that it's forced as how Nick put it. Incredibles, seems very much on that boat of a forced movie that shouldn't of happened. I hope there is backlash from Incredibles as Pixar shines with diversity.

^Strongly disagree about Incredibles--it's a Pixar movie that needed a sequel IMO. But it deserves a better sequel than what this is looking like.

Let's just slightly pump the breaks on this train for a minute... We've only seen one full trailer for the movie so far. You guys are acting like you just walked out of the theater and already made up your minds :lol:

Yeah. It's arguably smart marketing to make it look like the hugely successfuly, well loved original :lol: Especially in the wake of TLJ, don't want to scare people away.

I am actually excited for this and have wanted/waited since I saw the first one. Especially with the way they ended the first and setting up the sequel. Like I do with all movies I will go in with an open mind and judge it when I see it for myself.