Schwab's Pharmacy | Inside Universal Forums

Schwab's Pharmacy

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 20, 2017
Middleburg, FL
I was just at Universal Studios in Orlando last night. As I and a few of my friends were walking by Schwab's Pharmacy I was lamenting about the fact that it isn't a real soda fountain. And then as I looked inside something caught my eye that wasn't there before- two modern POS systems with touch screens. So I thought hmmmmm, and went over to take a closer look. Then there was a sign there on the door that had not been there the last time I visited. It said "Sorry we missed you, we will be open soon". Or something close to that. And it had a Ben and Jerry's logo stuffed in a pocket above it. Could my wish be coming true? Has anyone else heard about Schwab's finally becoming a real ice cream parlor? Or are they teasing me? I know it's still Ben and Jerry's, but for me it would be the experience again of sitting at a lunch counter like I did as a kid with my grandfather before they went the way of the dinosaur. Is my excitement misplaced? Have a great day!!

Or is it the Green Eggs and Ham of USF? That place never seems to be open either, no matter what time of day or year I go. I've noticed quite a few quirks about Universal as a whole since we became passholders three years ago. I do wish they (Schwab's) were open more often. It is just too perfect of a set not to be.

Reactions: tankart150
Or is it the Green Eggs and Ham of USF? That place never seems to be open either, no matter what time of day or year I go. I've noticed quite a few quirks about Universal as a whole since we became passholders three years ago. I do wish they (Schwab's) were open more often. It is just too perfect of a set not to be.
I think you are finding what most local APs do. We tend to only go when we know it won't be crowded or only for a special occasion so we miss some of the things UOR does to entertain peak crowds.

I think you are finding what most local APs do. We tend to only go when we know it won't be crowded or only for a special occasion so we miss some of the things UOR does to entertain peak crowds.

I think you may have hit on something there. It never really dawned on me that we do tend to do that quite often. Even during the summer season we go in the late afternoon/early evening to take advantage of the temperature cool down. Maybe we need to make an effort just once, at least, to go on a heavily attended day and just people watch and take in a sundae at Schwab's.

Or maybe the Wimpy's of USF. I have seen the ham open many more times than Wimpy's.

I know I've seen Schwab's open on several visits.

They changed their opening hours due to the remodeling of the boulangerie.
They also started to sell Dole Whip for whatever reason. I always heard it was a thing at Disney but I rather have a butterbeer ice-cream.

Reactions: truejonas