Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Sorry, I only chose Unfriended as an example because it was distributed by Universals, so there wouldn't be any problems with rights. It's probably not gonna come; beyond the lack of scare opportunities and the relatively small box office, they would need to license a crapton of websites to make it work.

Personally, I'd love to see Oculus come, but Universals didn't distribute it, so there'd be licensing issues. Split maybe, but I don't know how the rights issues with Unbreakable would work.

Looking at all these rights issues with the remaining Blumhouse property, I feel like we might not get a Volume 2. Not complaining though

Aside from the 4 legged walker (which, admittedly, is really cool) this kinda just looks like the Gauntlet from last year doesn't it?

Does anyone know if the Ifrit liked the tweet by Manics that asked if Ifrit was referencing IT? Ifrit talks about Orlando but if it’s an IP it’s most likely shared

Before The Shining was announced I was kinda hoping for a compilation maze with 3 of Stephen King's best horror stories with the first being Carrie, the second being The Shining, and the third/last being IT, but since The Shining became a maze another Stephen King story would have to be in The Shining's spot.

Before The Shining was announced I was kinda hoping for a compilation maze with 3 of Stephen King's best horror stories with the first being Carrie, the second being The Shining, and the third/last being IT, but since The Shining became a maze another Stephen King story would have to be in The Shining's spot.
That would be cool to have but, if I'm correct, Stephen King doesn't want his books turned into mazes. King didn't want anything to do with Kubrick's version of The Shining hence why the maze is "Stanley Kubrick's The Shining". I think the Neibolt House from IT is a different story though and that's WB's thing so they probably worked something out.

That would be cool to have but, if I'm correct, Stephen King doesn't want his books turned into mazes. King didn't want anything to do with Kubrick's version of The Shining hence why the maze is "Stanley Kubrick's The Shining". I think the Neibolt House from IT is a different story though and that's WB's thing so they probably worked something out.
I stress again, there was already a version of Carrie in a haunt as part of Knott's "Virus Z" maze in 2012. That's primarily due to Sony wanting to promote its movie, but it also incidentally means that Stephen King has no control over whether these properties come to the mazes or not. With all the Stephen King adaptations recently released or being served up soon (Pet Sematary! Gerald's Game! The friggin' Stand!), that could mean a future King house, maybe sometime in 2019 or 2020 when all these movies actually come out.

Now, the ethical question of whether we should have a Stephen King house over his wishes is a completely different matter, but for now, the odds of a Stephen King house coming within the next five years are alot higher than they were in past years.

Last edited:
Rights are a funny thing. Once a studio purchases or options the rights (usually for a set amount of time) they can do what they want with the IP as long as it is within the terms of the rights.

For instance WB could have the rights to IT for the purposes of making a movie but not have the rights to use for any other purpose. Usually with the big time studios and IP the rights are for all use of the IP. This means once a studio has acquired the rights to an IP they can do with it what they want.

So if WB wants to make a maze off of IT they can and don't need to talk to King. However if they want to include any material from any other King book they can't.

This is way simplified and rights are incredibly complicated, so when you moan to Murdy to get **insert IP you swear they need to include here** it isn't as easy as that. My guess is the reason we got TOT was those were already negotiated for TT and it was easy to include.

here's my wish list for Halloween horror nights 2018
Mazes
It
American horror story clute
Purge
Chucky
Trick-or-treat
Annabel
Conjuring
Walking dead attraction
Scare zones wish list
Main entrance And Springfield Circus themed scare zone with chainsaw zombie clowns demon clowns monkeys teddy bear freaks stilt walker Circus tent clowns Circus clowns with knife machetes Carnival clowns with axes hammers mallets scare zone 2 where did The Walking Dead attraction is a zombie themed scare zone with zombies of course and survivors scare zone 3 over where despicable me minion mayhem is a purge scare with character form purge 1 2 3 and 4 with axes knives chainsaw and machetes scare zone 4 where Harry Potter is monster creature scare zone scare zone 5 where in the lower lot is a chainsaw butcher scare zone with chainsaw pigs animals and butchers scare zone 6 we're the tunnel is toxic tunnel again but with more scare actors scare zone 7 were the black lot is a trick or treat scare zone with chainsaw Pumpkins scare crows stilt walker skeleton werewolf pumpkin ghost witches skeletons and vampire with axes knifes and machetes
Show
Jabberwocky's
That's my wish list for Halloween horror nights 2018 what do you guys think of my wish list

Since the Conjuring keeps coming up, I'm wondering: How are they gonna do the bedsheet scene?

It's one of the most famous scenes in the movie but really hard to do justice to. Are they going to just do a NoES spandex wall? 'cuz that would be pretty boring.

Since the Conjuring keeps coming up, I'm wondering: How are they gonna do the bedsheet scene?

It's one of the most famous scenes in the movie but really hard to do justice to. Are they going to just do a NoES spandex wall? 'cuz that would be pretty boring.

I honestly feel like if they decided to do a Conjuring maze, incorporating all films from the franchise into one attraction, they may cut parts, like this clip, out of it. That, or they may change the scare around, like they have for different IPs in the past, and basically use a blackout actor, maybe not in the same style as the spandex wall effects have been, but perhaps the same layout of laundry like that of Ash vs Evil Dead, but instead of a full actor scaring your by jumping out from curtains, have an actor press against the sheet quickly, triggering the strobe light and sound effect used in the clip. Not very revolutionary, but I feel they'd focus more on scares that have the physical characters from the movies, like Bathsheba, Valak, the crooked man, Anabelle's demon, etc.

I honestly feel like if they decided to do a Conjuring maze, incorporating all films from the franchise into one attraction, they may cut parts, like this clip, out of it. That, or they may change the scare around, like they have for different IPs in the past, and basically use a blackout actor, maybe not in the same style as the spandex wall effects have been, but perhaps the same layout of laundry like that of Ash vs Evil Dead, but instead of a full actor scaring your by jumping out from curtains, have an actor press against the sheet quickly, triggering the strobe light and sound effect used in the clip. Not very revolutionary, but I feel they'd focus more on scares that have the physical characters from the movies, like Bathsheba, Valak, the crooked man, Anabelle's demon, etc.

I dunno, I still feel that Bedsheet scene is one of the scenes in the Conjuring that really stick out to me; that, "Hide-and-clap" and the witch on top of the cupboard are the big things for me.

I imagine a Conjuring maze is gonna be a Jigsaw deal where the final room is the Nun (if we're doing it this year) and then the rest of the house focuses on the other movies. I also think the maze can safely ignore the first Annabelle and just focus on Creation; it's made more money and gotten better reviews. Maybe include the opening murder (that was also in A:C) and then go straight into the farmhouse in Creation.

I think that the Saw location this year has enough space for a good Conjuring house. That maze was pretty amazingly long, all things considered. Focus on the main movies (if they can get away with it) and have a medium length Annabelle Creation section, and the whole thing should be golden.

Overall, this might be a little overstuffed, but here's how it might go:

(***=main scene
*=transition)

***Start in the Warren's trophy room

-Conjuring 1
***Bedroom with a 3:07 clock
*Black transition "Hide and Go Clap" hallway (Yeah, it's a black hall, but it makes sense here)
***bedroom with Bathsheba on the cupboard
*Transition hallway with the maid + the secret passageway
***Bedsheets! (Halloween '15, Ash '17)
*Turn a corner and you see Annabelle and the rocking chair
***Exorcism; Shotgun with an airblast

-Conjuring 2
***Amityville windows and seance
***Dark basement with Valak; Blackout sticks a log through Ed's chest (A la Freddy in the old mazes)
***Valak Painting!
*Facade!
*Living room as a transition; the old chair will be there, a tape is playing the "interview" with the Hodges daughter. Bill jumps out at the very end
*another hallway with the tent. The Crooked Man pops out!
***Crucifix room with Valak/Bill
*short transition basement
***Valak at the bedroom with the open window. Ed leaning out. Thunder and lightning.

-Annabelle Creation (maybe optional?)
***Annabelle Higgins and her boyfriend stabbing their parents a la Prom Queen scene in Purge over at HHNO 2015 (first Annabelle)
*Outdoors Facade! Demon pops out of a well. The Scarecrow is there.
*Main foyer with staircase. Dead Mr. Higgins with the screwed up fingers. (probably won't happen; this might just be a plain hallway)
***Bedroom with cut-in-half women. Monster Mrs. Mullins with the creepy mask pops out. Demon pops out of dumb waiter.
***Annabelle's room. Annabelle is in the closet. Kid actor pops out and shouts "YOUR SOOOOULLLL"

-The Nun
***Dirty Apartment. Smells like dirty laundry and shame. Valak shows up with a five o'clock shadow, offers you a cheeto. You accept the accursed cheeto, because you have no inhibitions.

Last edited: