Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Simpsons Ride (USH)

Idk. The rights deals aren’t so much money that they couldn’t make up for it in other ways. And with Disney being all about content now, I feel like they would likely want to have theme park control of their own properties when they get the chance.

This is one of the things are irks me about this merger. A lot of IPs are moving to Disney that they won’t do anything with but have no intention of sharing.

Also noted that Disney DOES NOT OWN THE SIMPSONS NOW.... this is a proposed purchase that will take 18 months of legal and government review. IF it goes through it won't occur till 2019.
Yeah, as if this government will do anything about it. Our lovely president has approved of this and the democrats are too spineless to block it. They’ll happily block the AT&T-Time Warner merger but only because CNN is involved. So you might as well say they have them now.

So, Sharry Bobbins is a Disney character now! Along with Ricky Rouse and Monald Muck.

This is one of the things are irks me about this merger. A lot of IPs are moving to Disney that they won’t do anything with but have no intention of sharing.

That's how the Mouse rolls alright, they're the biggest company in this country and all over the world. Off course they have no intentions of sharing. Other companies can actually share IPs as evidenced by the "Ready Player One" film, but Disney obviously don't for its rivals.

That's how the Mouse rolls alright, they're the biggest company in this country and all over the world. Off course they have no intentions of sharing. Other companies can actually share IPs as evidenced by the "Ready Player One" film, but Disney obviously don't for its rivals.
Comcast is still the biggest. That’s why I’m glad they didn’t buy Fox’s assets. Disney’s evil but they’re not Comcast evil.

Comcast is still the biggest. That’s why I’m glad they didn’t buy Fox’s assets. Disney’s evil but they’re not Comcast evil.

Film indutry wise, Comcast isn't the biggest (3rd place in box office market share and Disney has more than that) and doesn't exhibit such bullish behavior in that arena like Disney is doing with its Star Wars movies. They also own Universal Studios which has its own theme parks housing dozens of licensed properties (some of them are owned by Disney) and its own IPs and they don't rattle with that kind of field.

Before they remove the Simpsons ride, it would be neat to see them implement the Back to the Future Ride after park hours for pass holders. Of course the Institute of Future Technology theming won't be present but the ride has the same TVs and monitors in the show rooms that BTTF had. Once you're onboard you don't even notice you're sitting in a Simpsons themed ride vehicle. I really just want to experience the ride portion again along with many others.:'(

Before they remove the Simpsons ride, it would be neat to see them implement the Back to the Future Ride after park hours for pass holders. Of course the Institute of Future Technology theming won't be present but the ride has the same TVs and monitors in the show rooms that BTTF had. Once you're onboard you don't even notice you're sitting in a Simpsons themed ride vehicle. I really just want to experience the ride portion again along with many others.:'(
Was BttF digital? B/c I believe the projectors are all digital now. If not, then this can't happen.

Was BttF digital? B/c I believe the projectors are all digital now. If not, then this can't happen.

I'd have to think BTTF's film turned into digital when they began the process of halloween overlays for Osaka, as they had continually changed the attraction for a good bit before DMMM came along if I recall. Add on that of when BTTF's re-releases came.

I don't think BTTF's original film will come back in the form of a "Limited-Time" event, as it'd make no sense if the attractions showbuilding gets demolished in the process. For Hollywood and Orlando respectively.

So I encountered something I hadn't before when I went on Simpsons sunday night. We sat in the ride vehicle during the ENTIRE "teen studying" screen for so long that it changed to THIS.... not sure if anyone else has seen this screen before the ride started before or not.. No idea why we sat there so long.

FgM1O1w.jpg

Also... I don't know if it was because of the ride vehicle I was in or what, but the screen didn't seem as bright... or maybe it was a bad projector. I think Simpsons needs a refurb or something...

This is common to happen its when the ride takes over a minute to load. It happend to me yesterday.

Is one of the theaters down for refurb? The ride has had over 2 hour waits lately. Yes it’s spring break but it don’t remember it reaching such times in the past constantly.