Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Got a HHN related Christmas gift...

Orlando’s The Ifrit confirmed that IT will be coming to their park next year, meaning it will most likely be shared with us. He also posted a tweet about the Classic Monsters, which could mean HHNManics theory was right. Next year already has a better lineup than this year in my opinion.
The tweet you think about Classic Monsters is actually still him hinting at IT. All those creatures he mentioned are forms IT takes in the Book.

And he has liked tweets about Jonathan Brandis which is who plays Billie in the Original 1990 Film. So no not 2017 it's 1990.

The tweet you think about Classic Monsters is actually still him hinting at IT. All those creatures he mentioned are forms IT takes in the Book.

And he has liked tweets about Jonathan Brandis which is who plays Billie in the Original 1990 Film. So no not 2017 it's 1990.

So they’re gonna use the rights from the 1990 miniseries instead of the 2017 version? That seems like an interesting move. Still this means IT at HHN which I can support

I knew there would be a twist with highly-requested IP's coming to HHN. If it's based on both parts of the miniseries, it would be interesting to see if they recreate that giant spider.

So they’re gonna use the rights from the 1990 miniseries instead of the 2017 version? That seems like an interesting move. Still this means IT at HHN which I can support

Just because it is referencing one version of the IT story, it doesn't mean that they can base it off of the reboot instead of the original 90 mini-series.

Speaking realistically, if IT is coming to HHN, there is no way in hell that they will base it off of a version that is not relevant in our modern time.

Just because it is referencing one version of the IT story, it doesn't mean that they can base it off of the reboot instead of the original 90 mini-series.

Speaking realistically, if IT is coming to HHN, there is no way in hell that they will base it off of a version that is not relevant in our modern time.
I would argue heavily against that.

Look at this year having the name "IT" is huge because of the latest movie that came out. It may not be that movie but in a way that film is huge for people. Tim Curry's Pennywise is a Horror Icon. So even with a New Film that just came out they could still do the Original.

I mean "The Exorcist" TV Show came out in 2016 and we did the Original. The TV Show is more relevant Yes because it's new but the Original holds a Special Place in People's hearts and people see that title or that chaacter on a Advertisement they are immediately interested.

So if people the character of Pennywise from 1990 they could probably recognize him and seeing the title makes it easier to know what is it. It could also be their energy maze the classic that comes every year that they pump their energy into (Ex: AWIL, Halloween, Exorcist, Shining, etc).

Plus it would make sense as it's something Murdy has wanted to do for a very long time and also thinking about it. Doing the 2017 Version this year wouldn't be smart because let's say they do a full on Maze and they do all of the content you can find in the film then what about Chapter 2 next year? They already used all of the content from Chapter 1 What? Are they just gonna spoil Chapter 2 for a Full on Maze? (Even though the Movie will probably come out a week before HHN usually starts but it still spoils it). Doing the Original Version and then doing the New Version with both parts the next year is smart because you can the most out of both adaptions and can attract a lot of attention.

Plus it would make sense as it's something Murdy has wanted to do for a very long time and also thinking about it. Doing the 2017 Version this year wouldn't be smart because let's say they do a full on Maze and they do all of the content you can find in the film then what about Chapter 2 next year? They already used all of the content from Chapter 1 What? Are they just gonna spoil Chapter 2 for a Full on Maze? (Even though the Movie will probably come out a week before HHN usually starts but it still spoils it). Doing the Original Version and then doing the New Version with both parts the next year is smart because you can the most out of both adaptions and can attract a lot of attention.

To rebuddle in that, incorporating an IP to the event before that said IP has something large coming out, isn't new, like at all.

• The Insidious (2013, Hollywood Exclusive, had elements from Chapter 2 in the house) franchise (Before it was merged with Focus, FilmDistrict had the distribution rights),
  • Silent Hill (Shared, and that while one uses the games and the other one uses the films more, both heavily marketed Silent Hill: Revelation {And I say Silent Hill, as it isn't Universal's IP. It's Konami's}),
  • and various Universal IP's like Dracula Untold (2014, Shared), Crimson Peak (Hollywood, 2015), Chucky (Curse of Chucky and Cult of Chucky from 2013 and 2016 respectedly for Hollywood in different forms), The Strangers (2008, Hollywood as Scarezone and Overlay to HoH), The Thing (2011, both coasts), Doomsday (2008, Orlando, Maze), The Wolfman (2009, Orlando, Maze)
IT, is one of the biggest horror films of the decade, it has since grown a massive following since the films debut, and would have possibly a larger audience than those who have seen the 90's version, which IMO is more cult classic than it ever has been a mainstream hit.

And if IT is used next year and it's not the 90's, they can tread the ground done by Crimson Peak and do a preview house, not giving too much from the film and at the same time, possibly adding in elements that while maybe in the book, being scrapped in the film itself.

EDIT: Also to add, if Halloween is used next year at the event (which should be the case, considering Blumhouse and Universal's relationship), it will probably be more based off of the new sequel as opposed to Season of the Witch or Halloween 4.

I'd disagree with this. I know hardcore fans who compare the movie to the mini-series. It's a cult classic, in fact, I'd bet it'd be more popular due to Curry's bigger presence in the mini seres and better use of horror related environments.

Before the movie was even a thing people highly requested IT to come (series). It's insanely popular here in SoCal.

Personally I think Tim Curry’s Pennywise is creepier looking, but the 2017 version seems more made for a house. But who cares IT is gonna be amazing!! I’m just curious as to what they’re gonna utilize for the house

I'm just gonna throw in my 2 cents and say that 2017 IT is one of the highest grossing horror movies ever, and the first R-rated horror movie to make it to $350 million in America. Even accounting for inflation (where The Exorcist made a crapton more than IT ever did), it's still one of the biggest recent horror movie. Sure, the 1990 mini-series is popular and has nostalgia value, but 2017 IT was a bona-fide event among kids and adults.

I personally love both versions, but I'd say given the numbers, IT 2017 is almost definitely the more widely popular of the two, and the more familiar to the GA.

To rebuddle in that, incorporating an IP to the event before that said IP has something large coming out, isn't new, like at all.

• The Insidious (2013, Hollywood Exclusive, had elements from Chapter 2 in the house) franchise (Before it was merged with Focus, FilmDistrict had the distribution rights),
  • Silent Hill (Shared, and that while one uses the games and the other one uses the films more, both heavily marketed Silent Hill: Revelation {And I say Silent Hill, as it isn't Universal's IP. It's Konami's}),
  • and various Universal IP's like Dracula Untold (2014, Shared), Crimson Peak (Hollywood, 2015), Chucky (Curse of Chucky and Cult of Chucky from 2013 and 2016 respectedly for Hollywood in different forms), The Strangers (2008, Hollywood as Scarezone and Overlay to HoH), The Thing (2011, both coasts), Doomsday (2008, Orlando, Maze), The Wolfman (2009, Orlando, Maze)
IT, is one of the biggest horror films of the decade, it has since grown a massive following since the films debut, and would have possibly a larger audience than those who have seen the 90's version, which IMO is more cult classic than it ever has been a mainstream hit.

And if IT is used next year and it's not the 90's, they can tread the ground done by Crimson Peak and do a preview house, not giving too much from the film and at the same time, possibly adding in elements that while maybe in the book, being scrapped in the film itself.

EDIT: Also to add, if Halloween is used next year at the event (which should be the case, considering Blumhouse and Universal's relationship), it will probably be more based off of the new sequel as opposed to Season of the Witch or Halloween 4.

Silent Hill stopped being relevant anymore, considering Konami is looking to get out of the video gaming business in order to focus on Pachinko machines so it's not popular as it used to be. If the Disney/Fox doesn't get approved, NBCU can still use American Horror Story, be it licensed or IP-owned (if NBCU gets 20th Century Fox instead). The new Halloween movie should be part of HHN as it is a Universal IP after all and don't have to share money with anyone. It's the most anticipated movie of the Halloween season in 2018, considering Micheal Myers is the reason for this movie (funny to think about it, they still haven't filmed the project yet).

Oh man, at this point they both sound fantastic for next year's lineup. I'm personally more in favor for the miniseries now since it's somewhat of an option now. I just hope nothing like The Conjuring happens again to the potential properties we might have next year.

If The Conjuring, Stranger Things, and IT are coming next year, we have that trinity of power houses pushing next year's event to new levels of popularity. Granted, if IT will be based on the 1990's version, I hope there won't be some sort of technicality where they won't exactly be able to use the likeness of Tim Curry's Pennywise.

If The Conjuring, Stranger Things, and IT are coming next year, we have that trinity of power houses pushing next year's event to new levels of popularity. Granted, if IT will be based on the 1990's version, I hope there won't be some sort of technicality where they won't exactly be able to use the likeness of Tim Curry's Pennywise.

Throw in Halloween, American Horror Story, and potentially the UCM and sheesh a fast pass is almost required

Hypothetically, it didn't stop Universal when Rocky Horror came through both Hollywood and Orlando in regards to Curry..

So judging off the “standard” formula that’s been used in past events, I’m just gonna guess the speculated properties and what they’re connected to in the formula and previous properties used in said formula:

- 1990 IT = Classic Maze(previously been AWIL, Exorcist, Shining)
- Universal Classic Monsters Mashup = Additional Classic(previously been FvJ, AvP, any TCM maze, Titans of Terror)
- Trick r Treat = Cult Classic Maze(previously been Krampus, AvED, TiTE)
- The Conjuring = Modern Franchise Maze(previously been Insidious, Horrors of Blumhouse, SAW)
- Stranger Things & American Horror Story = Modern TV Show Maze(s)(previously been TWD)
- 2018 Halloween = Teaser Maze(previously been Happy Death Day, Crimson Peak)

The lineup for 2018 I’m suspecting at the moment is:
- 1990 IT in the Mummy Queue
- The Conjuring 1&2 in Waterworld Queue
- Stranger Things in SS747 or its Queue
- American Horror Story: Asylum in FDTD Area
- Trick r Treat in the Metro Sets Tent
- Universal Classic Monster Mashup in Parisian Courtyard
- 2018 Halloween in the JP Queue
- The Walking Dead in TWDA

So judging off the “standard” formula that’s been used in past events, I’m just gonna guess the speculated properties and what they’re connected to in the formula and previous properties used in said formula:

- Universal Classic Monsters Mashup = Additional Classic(previously been FvJ, AvP, any TCM maze, Titans of Terror)
- The Conjuring = Modern Franchise Maze(previously been Insidious, Horrors of Blumhouse, SAW)
- Stranger Things & American Horror Story = Modern TV Show Maze(s)(previously been TWD)

Honestly, the speculation I have is this..

1.) IT (Reagardless of it's the 90's Cult version or the remake, JP Tent)
2.) Stranger Things (S747 Tent)
3.) AHS: Asylum (FDTD Tent)
4.) Blumhouse, Vol 2 {Purge & Halloween, Parsian}
5.) The Conjuring (Waterworld)
6.) Nightmare on Elm Street (Metro Tent)
7.) TWDA (No changes to the attraction, downgrade from last year)

I don't want Nightmare, but I have a sinking feeling if it's coming to Orlando, it will come to Hollywood in some form, to make marketing more easier for Hollywood. And, that I highly doubt Murdy will bring anything original to the event in content, just by tradition. I would love to be proven wrong on that..

I also think Blumhouse will come back, at-least to Hollywood, purely due to that it can be a concept that works well for Hollywood, and allows them to not spoil much of the Blumhouse Halloween project while also heavily using a film that will already be out and on the cusp of getting digital/physical retail release for video.

What they will prominently display in marketing I would think, is Pennywise, Demogorgon, and Freddy. Three new IP's, and four reused IP's. I also have no confidence for the Terror Tram at this point, unless something is heavily changed in the execution of that, similar to more of Eli Roth's collaboration with the Tram back in 16'.

A part of me prays that Universal can get DWT open during the event, and just have that be a break area, but I highly do not believe they are smart for Hollywood to just use that for playing random horror movies.

Honestly, the speculation I have is this..

1.) IT (Reagardless of it's the 90's Cult version or the remake, JP Tent)
2.) Stranger Things (S747 Tent)
3.) AHS: Asylum (FDTD Tent)
4.) Blumhouse, Vol 2 {Purge & Halloween, Parsian}
5.) The Conjuring (Waterworld)
6.) Nightmare on Elm Street (Metro Tent)
7.) TWDA (No changes to the attraction, downgrade from last year)

I don't want Nightmare, but I have a sinking feeling if it's coming to Orlando, it will come to Hollywood in some form, to make marketing more easier for Hollywood. And, that I highly doubt Murdy will bring anything original to the event in content, just by tradition. I would love to be proven wrong on that..

I also think Blumhouse will come back, at-least to Hollywood, purely due to that it can be a concept that works well for Hollywood, and allows them to not spoil much of the Blumhouse Halloween project while also heavily using a film that will already be out and on the cusp of getting digital/physical retail release for video.

What they will prominently display in marketing I would think, is Pennywise, Demogorgon, and Freddy. Three new IP's, and four reused IP's. I also have no confidence for the Terror Tram at this point, unless something is heavily changed in the execution of that, similar to more of Eli Roth's collaboration with the Tram back in 16'.

A part of me prays that Universal can get DWT open during the event, and just have that be a break area, but I highly do not believe they are smart for Hollywood to just use that for playing random horror movies.

I think NoES might just be an Orlando exclusive, as the last time Freddy was there was 2015. I also don’t see Blumhouse coming back since they don’t really have many Maze-worthy properties left that don’t have rights issues; Purge is probably gonna be a scarezone too. And about the advertising, if they get The Conjuring Valak is gonna be plastered onto as much stuff as they can put her on since she’s a modern horror icon.

As for my speculation.

1) AHS Asylum (FDTD Area)
2) Stranger Things (S747 Tent)
3) IT (1990 Version, Mummy Queue)
4) Halloween (JP Queue)
5) The Conjuring (Waterworld Queue)
6) Trick 'r Treat (Metro Sets)
7) Classic Monsters Mashup (Parisian Courtyard)

I would imagine that for marketing that they would want to market Stranger Things, IT, and Halloween (Maybe also Conjuring). Huge Properties to promote. I feel as though Classic Monsters would be our exclusive.

Halloween would work great as a Preview Maze and again Halloween is too big of a property to be put into a Mashup Maze. Is it possible? Yes but again I don't see it happening. Insidious got a Preview Maze and that's a Huge property so I can Halloween getting the same. The properties that were featured in 2017's Blumhouse like Purge, Happy Death Day, and Sinister all of those Properties's popularity doesn't hold a candle to the popularity of Michael Myers.