Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 424 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Who's to say that Hollywood can't pace and open with Orlando, considering now that Orlando is more slated to 2021 (and presumably that Disney may have something Marvel oriented at DCA by then)?

Well, Universal Studios in Los Angeles is still being sorted out between the SSs, the rumored Secret Life of Pets attraction, the filming/TV schedules, and the Studio Tour. And now we're in the year 2018 so the plans for SNW in LA should be up by this year or probably by the beginning of 2019.

Sort of off topic, but do you think we'll see the Donkey Kong coaster model used for anything else?

You mean the Boom patent?

When Potter was created, Forbidden Journey if I'm not mistaken was done with Dynamic on the ride system, and it took them about about half a decade before Dynamic could use it outside of Universal Creative. My question, is if Universal has that and the MK ride system exclusively to them, similar to how the TestTrack/RSR ride system is right now only to Disney.

Found this, notes from an interview with the president of Nintendo.

(Kimishima: Switch games using HD Rumble and Joy-Con camera next year, started thinking about next console, much more - Nintendo Everything)

On Super Nintendo World

– It’s proceeding well according to schedule
– Nintendo is about to be able to see the big picture soon
– If you fly a drone there, you should be able to see it yourself
– On whether there will be more characters other than Mario Kart: “You’ll also get to know that soon.”

Obviously the progress indicated is for the Japan construction, but the interesting thing is that more might be revealed soon, and since all p[arks should roughly get the same, we'll know more about what Orlando is getting.

Found this, notes from an interview with the president of Nintendo.

(Kimishima: Switch games using HD Rumble and Joy-Con camera next year, started thinking about next console, much more - Nintendo Everything)

On Super Nintendo World

– It’s proceeding well according to schedule
– Nintendo is about to be able to see the big picture soon
– If you fly a drone there, you should be able to see it yourself
– On whether there will be more characters other than Mario Kart: “You’ll also get to know that soon.”

Obviously the progress indicated is for the Japan construction, but the interesting thing is that more might be revealed soon, and since all p[arks should roughly get the same, we'll know more about what Orlando is getting.

I have a feeling we should be now watching the Japanese Nintendo Directs more now..

Sooooo... some interesting tidbits to report. Expect there to be interactive elements throughout the entire land. Not sure if anything would need to be purchased like HP's wands, (maybe for more effects in addition to this,) but all guests should be able to step on spots, touch things, hit question mark blocks, etc to activate effects.

Not just in the play areas (like the dino roars in Camp Jurassic.) Probably everywhere.

And that's not all. I think they'll be a lot more to do than just the 3 rides in this new land. Universal has learned a lot from the Wizarding World. They know they're gonna have a hit on their hands so it doesn't look like they're holding back.

Sooooo... some interesting tidbits to report. Expect there to be interactive elements throughout the entire land. Not sure if anything would need to be purchased like HP's wands, (maybe for more effects in addition to this,) but all guests should be able to step on spots, touch things, hit question mark blocks, etc to activate effects.

Not just in the play areas (like the dino roars in Camp Jurassic.) Probably everywhere.

And that's not all. I think they'll be a lot more to do than just the 3 rides in this new land. Universal has learned a lot from the Wizarding World. They know they're gonna have a hit on their hands so it doesn't look like they're holding back.

That makes me worry. Universal might be biting off more than they can chew.......

That makes me worry. Universal might be biting off more than they can chew.......

Honestly, it makes me think the opposite.

With the success of the interactivity of Potter, coupled with the lessons learned from interactivity in Volcano Bay, along with Nintendo's long history of interactive games that resonate with individuals, it makes sense to bring a level of interactivity around the entire area and not just on the attractions people ride.

What I'm more interested of with it, is if they may try to do something that can connect with the My Nintendo accounts and/or Nintendo Switch devices, to give gifts like themes for the OS in their switches, currency from attractions done in the land to be used in Nintendo Apps, and other things.

Honestly, it makes me think the opposite.

With the success of the interactivity of Potter, coupled with the lessons learned from interactivity in Volcano Bay, along with Nintendo's long history of interactive games that resonate with individuals, it makes sense to bring a level of interactivity around the entire area and not just on the attractions people ride.

What I'm more interested of with it, is if they may try to do something that can connect with the My Nintendo accounts and/or Nintendo Switch devices, to give gifts like themes for the OS in their switches, currency from attractions done in the land to be used in Nintendo Apps, and other things.

But what happens if a lot of the effects don't work opening day? Wasn't that one of Volcano Bay's problems? It could really break the feel of the area.

But what happens if a lot of the effects don't work opening day? Wasn't that one of Volcano Bay's problems? It could really break the feel of the area.

But here is the thing you have to remember, you are dealing with a Third Party company that in the past, has been VERY reluctant on giving out it's crap to external individuals.

The fact Universal and Nintendo got together on equal ground on not just this, but a possible film contract with Illumination, speaks volumes on the two companies current relationship so-far. And that if I was to guess, Nintendo will have just as much of a role as how WB/JK did when Hogsmeade and Diagon were being made.

Also to add, Osaka is going to get Nintendo first, and should in theory also be the test subject of what does and doesn't come to the states in regards to stuff like the interactivity. I would assume that they will have enough time in the 1 year gap to do any modifications for the Orlando/Hollywood versions to ensure that they will have a high degree of success with little casualty.

Even if a question mark brick’s interactivity isn’t working it still adds something to the decor of the area. Just like the Hogsmeade window displays before interactive wands were introduced.

But here is the thing you have to remember, you are dealing with a Third Party company that in the past, has been VERY reluctant on giving out it's crap to external individuals.

The fact Universal and Nintendo got together on equal ground on not just this, but a possible film contract with Illumination, speaks volumes on the two companies current relationship so-far. And that if I was to guess, Nintendo will have just as much of a role as how WB/JK did when Hogsmeade and Diagon were being made.

All this 30 years after Universal and Nintendo went to court over Donkey Kong. Funny how things work out.