Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle

It's shocking, how good Jumanji was. I set myself with the lowest of expectations, but they all knocked it out of the ballgame.

Can't wait to get it on digital, as it was hilarious and quite meta in a sense,

Jack Black was hilarious.

It was SUCH a great summer popcorn flick. Releasing it in Jan. is odd, but whatever. I loved it. LOLed many times.

I absolutely loved this movie as well the casting was excellent, the cinematography was outstanding and the general theme and pace of the movie was very well thought out. Loved the tribute to Robin Williams in there too.

The whole time I watched it I was like this should definitely be a ride at universal. This would be a hoot as a dark ride through the jungle and the marketplace.

Side note I thought this was released in December the week before Christmas? That’s when I saw it in theaters.

Jack Black was hilarious.

It was SUCH a great summer popcorn flick. Releasing it in Jan. is odd, but whatever. I loved it. LOLed many times.

To be honest, with how crowded summer is starting to get, it makes sense that films like Jumanji would move to earlier or later points of the year, to flesh out the yearly Roundup of films.

Heck, films like Get Out, Deadpool, and Lego Movie are exceptional examples of releasing films like those out of the norm, as it would drive theater sales.

Edit: and Jumanji wasn't released this month. It was released last month, one week after TLJ.

To be honest, with how crowded summer is starting to get, it makes sense that films like Jumanji would move to earlier or later points of the year, to flesh out the yearly Roundup of films.

Heck, films like Get Out, Deadpool, and Lego Movie are exceptional examples of releasing films like those out of the norm, as it would drive theater sales.

Edit: and Jumanji wasn't released this month. It was released last month, one week after TLJ.
Yeah, with how many movies that get released in summer, many movies get lost in the fray.

Jumanji is reaping rewards of positive reviews/word of mouth. By releasing a week after TLJ, they let Star Wars drop it's huge weekend and Jumanji not only benefited from holiday crowds, but also be a strong option in a notoriously weak month at the box office for movies.

Having grown up with a love of Jumanji, I was very skeptical and was very surprised I enjoyed myself as much as I did. I also really liked how they made it a direct sequel, with the movie picking up around the end of the first film. Jack Black stole the show for me. A gag that could easily have tired in the first 5 minutes remained enormously funny the entire time. General plot and characters were all pulled from stock, but that was expected. In all, I think making a direct sequel to Jumanji, especially after we already the indirect sequel Zathura (never forget), was a weird and unnecessary choice, but I had a lot of fun, so I guess it paid off