Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

I would go as far as to say Stranger Things will have a very strong vibe of AVP (scares and sets) and AWiL (scares as well). Walking through the woods and through Will’s house is going to give off a strong AVP vibe with those Demigorgan puppets in there.

As much as I would want a sound stage, I don’t think the quality would be affected if we got it or not. AVP would’ve absolutely been hindered by it from the size of the build up with the crashed Spaceship and the end with the queen. ST doesn’t really require massive sets like AVP did so I think it will do just fine in a tent. Even if they had to, I would argue they would’ve made it work somehow. Just look at AHS ‘16. That was supposed to be for 747 but it turned out just fine in a tent.

Random fact: those Xenomorph puppets are still in storage. John Budget-man Murdy will likely reskin those to Demis if we get ST. I would imagine he probably still has those AWiL puppets in storage as well.

Eh, doesn’t matter. We have most of this year figured out anyway. ;)

I hope that for Stranger Things they’ll at least throw in some other scares besides Demogorgan & Demodogs; they could easily have an Eleven scene, Steve with the nail bat, Joyce with the Christmas lights, and maybe possessed Will as other scare actors. And also yeah it amazes how much they can fit into the tents, idk I guess they just look like they can’t hold as much as they do.

I hope that for Stranger Things they’ll at least throw in some other scares besides Demogorgan & Demodogs; they could easily have an Eleven scene, Steve with the nail bat, Joyce with the Christmas lights, and maybe possessed Will as other scare actors.
Well we did have a Emma Watson scare actor in This is the End so I'm pretty sure well see some characters in the maze I mean steves outfit in this scene is pretty terrifying :lol:
and they also could definitely recreate this scene with eleven and the Demogorgon (it starts at 3:10)

but yeah i see them totally using characters from the show

Well we did have a Emma Watson scare actor in This is the End so I'm pretty sure well see some characters in the maze I mean steves outfit in this scene is pretty terrifying :lol:
and they also could definitely recreate this scene with eleven and the Demogorgon (it starts at 3:10)

but yeah i see them totally using characters from the show

Honestly, if they use the kids (including Eleven), I can only see them in the maze if they're going to do filming for the maze for both Hollywood and Orlando.

However, I don't rule out Joyce, Hopper, Barb, Bob, Nancy, Steve, Billy and Jonathan.

Sounds like The Thing, maybe even Edgar Allen Poe judging off the wording of “pendulum”.

Edit: I was looking at the comments for some of his tweets and people were requesting Titans of Terror to return, Truth or Dare to be a solo maze, Insidious to return for the 4th time(which probably will happen once Chp 5 comes out) and a Chucky maze. Idk why I just thought those were funny

Edit: I was looking at the comments for some of his tweets and people were requesting Titans of Terror to return, Truth or Dare to be a solo maze, Insidious to return for the 4th time(which probably will happen once Chp 5 comes out) and a Chucky maze. Idk why I just thought those were funny

Everyone laughs at Murdy for saying he's doing "what the people want" right up until they read the Twitter responses and realize that Holy Cannoli Insidious and Titans reduxes really are what the GA wants.

That treatment he's talking about could very well be an original maze. Celtic mythology, Edgar Allan Poe as someone said, maybe a rock-band maze. I'm not sure if it's The Thing; sounds like it'd be something he's never done before. I really want to see it, though.

Everyone laughs at Murdy for saying he's doing "what the people want" right up until they read the Twitter responses and realize that Holy Cannoli Insidious and Titans reduxes really are what the GA wants.

That treatment he's talking about could very well be an original maze. Celtic mythology, Edgar Allan Poe as someone said, maybe a rock-band maze. I'm not sure if it's The Thing; sounds like it'd be something he's never done before. I really want to see it, though.
Please please let that be an original maze and please please don’t let it be in 3D or covered in black walls.

A Poe house at HHN would be STELLAR. I would love to see that!

Please please let that be an original maze and please please don’t let it be in 3D or covered in black walls.

A Poe house at HHN would be STELLAR. I would love to see that!

Orlando had one and it looked really badass. But yeah that original house better be something like an urban legend(please wendigo), not black walls and 3D, and idk if they’d do another rockstar maze after how epic of a dud BS13 was.

I'm hoping for a Lovecraft maze myself. Innsmouth fishes, the creature from Pickman's Model, a cameo by the King in Yellow, etc. Could be fun, though it'd probably be very expensive.

Ugh, I've seen plenty of comments over the years on Facebook, Twitter, and even instagram wanting the same things repeatedly: Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Michael Myers, Insidious, The Purge, as well as IPs that have slimmer chances of coming like Jeepers Creepers, older Stephen King adaptations, Scream the tv series, video games, etc. If we do get an original maze this year, they have fewer limitations they can work with, without having to worry about possible legal obstacles than can prevent them from using certain elements.

Gonna be honest here, my friend... that's kind of pushing it.

EDIT: rest assured IT is probably going to come this year.

What makes you say that? Not saying I’m denying but just wondering what confirmed it besides the leaks. Also, judging off of Reddit it sounds like Orlando might have more originals in future years(excluding 28) which could potentially mean originals for us

What makes you say that? Not saying I’m denying but just wondering what confirmed it besides the leaks. Also, judging off of Reddit it sounds like Orlando might have more originals in future years(excluding 28) which could potentially mean originals for us

Umm...what does Reddit have to do with HHN?

A great saying I recall, is to not always expect what someone else has to be given to you too.

Hollywood, has based itself primarily in IP for years, and that while it may be possible to change and evolve, I would imagine that stigma would still pester for the Hollywood version for as long as possible. Not saying it can't be possible that Hollywood gets more originals, but the climate and area that they are in may hinder that possibility going forward.

Umm...what does Reddit have to do with HHN?

A great saying I recall, is to not always expect what someone else has to be given to you too.

Hollywood, has based itself primarily in IP for years, and that while it may be possible to change and evolve, I would imagine that stigma would still pester for the Hollywood version for as long as possible. Not saying it can't be possible that Hollywood gets more originals, but the climate and area that they are in may hinder that possibility going forward.

There’s an HHN subreddit on Reddit; and yeah I agree about Hollywood keeping IP’s as a permanent thing, I’m just saying less IP’s to share could mean more open slots for other things

There’s an HHN subreddit on Reddit; and yeah I agree about Hollywood keeping IP’s as a permanent thing, I’m just saying less IP’s to share could mean more open slots for other things

And while I want originality in the event that isn't scarezones, Murdy's burned that bridge for me a few good many times to make me hope for Universal to eventually bring originality to form.

And while I want originality in the event that isn't scarezones, Murdy's burned that bridge for me a few good many times to make me hope for Universal to eventually bring originality to form.

I get it. I never did Murdy’s originals but from general consensus everything but La Llorana & Alice Cooper(does that count as an original?) seemed to not get good reception.

I get it. I never did Murdy’s originals but from general consensus everything but La Llorana & Alice Cooper(does that count as an original?) seemed to not get good reception.

I actually loved La Llorona and Alice Cooper, but El Cucuy, Vampyr (which I give slight pass due to it being an overlay), and Clownz has put a sour taste in my mouth.

I actually loved La Llorona and Alice Cooper, but El Cucuy, Vampyr (which I give slight pass due to it being an overlay), and Clownz has put a sour taste in my mouth.

I completely forgot Clownz existed; that maze from video looked really good but I could see how it wouldn’t be good. Also, I just realized that the speculated UCM house is probably going to feel a lot like a mix between Horrors of Blumhouse and House of Horrors

I completely forgot Clownz existed; that maze from video looked really good but I could see how it wouldn’t be good. Also, I just realized that the speculated UCM house is probably going to feel a lot like a mix between Horrors of Blumhouse and House of Horrors

In my opinion, there were two reasons why Klownz wasn't a huge hit, not only because it was an original theme. I feel like #1, it was basically competing with pretty strong IP's that year, like AWIL and AvP (in it's first year was pretty good honestly), so it clearly got overshadowed. Not to mention #2, I remember after going through it several times, hearing people outside the maze talking about how it felt repetitive with just the 3 clown characters, thus making it feel sort of lackluster. The music was great and was a great example of a 3D house, but it was a bit of a generic storyline with few iconic characters. Basically, that's the risks with original concept mazes: getting overshadowed by IP ones and not having a really strong story/characters.