Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Place yer bets, folks: Which one of these four popularly-requested IPs isn't coming this year?

It
Stranger Things
The Conjuring.
Trick R Treat

I'm going with Trick R Treat. What about y'all?

IT & Stranger Things are a for sure lock. Conjuring would be a hugggeee draw for the GP but with potential rights issues I could see why it wouldn’t happen, I’m going with Trick r Treat though since John said he’s waiting for the sequel

If only it were Halloween or NOES

With you on NoES, but I still maintain that a properly made NoES tram would be awesome. (in my dreams, right?)

I'm actually very interested in the new Halloween. It's pushing all the right buttons for me so far, but I can understand why people might not want it. I just want to hear John Carpenter's new score in a maze.

With you on NoES, but I still maintain that a properly made NoES tram would be awesome. (in my dreams, right?)

I'm actually very interested in the new Halloween. It's pushing all the right buttons for me so far, but I can understand why people might not want it. I just want to hear John Carpenter's new score in a maze.

Halloween should be fun since it’ll primarily be based off the new movie. NoES is gonna be a bore if it just reuses old scenes

Last edited:
So are the only mostly confirmed properties Halloween, AHS Cult, Stranger Things, IT, and maybe Nightmare on Elm Street(ugh)? Should Conjuring or Trick r Treat not come what would even replace the maze(s); another HoB or another Insidious?

I still don't think any of the IPs that have been thrown out are locks.

I think we can reasonably assume the new Halloween and some season or seasons of AHS will be there. I think everything else is up in the air.

Remember Murdy just doesn't get to walk into a store and grab the rights for some of these other mazes.

I am not 100% sure of much of anything but I am almost certain that last year the ball got rolling (maze treatment, design, layout and even some gags) before the contracts had been finalized. I don't care how much you think the lawsuit affected The Conjuring if Universal paid money to use it they were damn well gonna use it. My point is I don't think the contract was signed before it got bumped.

Where did the speculation for a classic monsters maze start from? I'm aware of the Ifrit tweet, but to me, that was hinting at the forms of Pennywise in the book.

Well that’s basically a nail in The Conjuring at HHN’s coffin. If they get IT I’d be surprised if they don’t get Conjuring as a package deal, however it could be a case of where the owners don’t want a Haunt attraction made out of the property(similar to Stephen Kings thoughts on his books). At least if we don’t get Conjuring we might potentially still get Trick ‘r Treat

Edit: I like how Murdy doesn’t even try to hide the fact Conjuring was supposed to be a maze last year

Well that’s basically a nail in The Conjuring at HHN’s coffin. If they get IT I’d be surprised if they don’t get Conjuring as a package deal, however it could be a case of where the owners don’t want a Haunt attraction made out of the property(similar to Stephen Kings thoughts on his books). At least if we don’t get Conjuring we might potentially still get Trick ‘r Treat

Edit: I like how Murdy doesn’t even try to hide the fact Conjuring was supposed to be a maze last year
Not necessarily, Warner Bros did a Conjuring maze for their own Halloween event last year. I think they probably asked that HHN hold off on the maze and maybe dangled It as a carrot if they did.

Not saying that is what happened just saying it could have.

Not necessarily, Warner Bros did a Conjuring maze for their own Halloween event last year. I think they probably asked that HHN hold off on the maze and maybe dangled It as a carrot if they did.

Not saying that is what happened just saying it could have.

That seems possible; Ugh I wish Chris G. would allude to which property *potentially but most likely* didn’t make the cut since all of the speculated ones don’t seem unreasonable. If I’m remembering right Warner Bros did a Conjuring maze back in 2016 with one of their parks, so was the Hollywood Warner Bros Halloween event their first time doing it there? If that’s the case then it definitely seems reasonable why they would tell HHN to hold off on the propery

The Horrors of Warner Bros: featuring The Conjuring, IT and Trick 'r Treat.

If it honestly ever came down to that just to even get those IPs at the event, I wouldn't be offended.