Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone else hearing crazy rumors that Shrek is closing for another Minions attraction?

My first thought was maybe we get our own Super Silly Fun Land across from Minion Mayhem, but someone else said the building would be themed as Villian-Con from the Minions movie.

Am I going insane?

Is the SLoP ride dead?

Did sexual harassment charges against their lead actor kill it? Or is SLoP moving to the new park, or IOA? Or is Universal just doubling down on Minions like they do Potter? Or are these rumors just that, rumors? CRAZY!

Anything without screens is fine by me. Probably UC changed their mind about the 3rd park and now have moved SLOP. Plus, it's good to keep IPs spread thru out the parks rather than reusing.

I must say that the sources for the new Minions rumors are mainly anonymous, so take with a grain of salt... But the fact that I'm hearing it from multiple places is why I mentioned it here.

And I have no idea if SLoP would go somewhere else. The rumor is that Shrek is replaced by something Minions. That's pretty much the extent of what I've heard.

I was kinda hoping they would decide to move Minions out of USF completely so that they could demo/gut the old building that DMMM is housed in and start over with something new.

And make the front of the park more attractive.

Honestly, I also would be rather more wanting of Minions moving to either IOA or to Gate IV, just so they can give Production Central the needed love.

Heck, Villain-Con makes more sense for Gate IV than it ever would for USF right now.

Reactions: Nick
With the loss of the KidZone play areas, Hollywood's Super Silly Fun Land would be nice... but not right there at the park entrance.

Reactions: BrenRays
I'm kind of getting tired of the Minions too. They were cute at first, but you see them on every single advertisement and at this point its nearing Minion overload. Would much rather have Secret Life of Pets. Hope this rumor is not true.

Anyone else hearing crazy rumors that Shrek is closing for another Minions attraction?

My first thought was maybe we get our own Super Silly Fun Land across from Minion Mayhem, but someone else said the building would be themed as Villian-Con from the Minions movie.

Am I going insane?

Is the SLoP ride dead?

Did sexual harassment charges against their lead actor kill it? Or is SLoP moving to the new park, or IOA? Or is Universal just doubling down on Minions like they do Potter? Or are these rumors just that, rumors? CRAZY!
Perhaps Illumination will have a heavier presence in IOA..I could be down with that

Honestly, SSFL doesn't do anything for me, especially at the front entrance

What about mowing it all down for a new entrance plaza?
Yes! This needs to happen

Another vote here for an entrance plaza.. even though I'd really like a SLOP attraction.

Is the SLoP ride dead?

I've heard that Oceaneering was eager to bid/work in SLoP, but the project was put on hold indefinitely.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Louis CK news. They just recently new merch for the movie so I'm not sure it's a franchise issue.

I would love for new entrance plaza similar to Hollywood's redo, construct a new dark ride for Despicable Me in its current location and then tear down shrek for some type of central plaza new in-park icon.

I've heard that Oceaneering was eager to bid/work in SLoP, but the project was put on hold indefinitely.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Louis CK news. They just recently new merch for the movie so I'm not sure it's a franchise issue.
Perhaps they are waiting on the sequel to see how people respond

Reactions: jtsalien