Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Damn as of now. Could be Stranger Things but that will always be on Netflix. I know TrT nor It are on Netflix. I am pretty sure NoES is.

Edit: The Conjuring is on Netflix "as of now" and I stand corrected NoES is off Netflix.

Damn as of now. Could be Stranger Things but that will always be on Netflix. I know TrT nor It are on Netflix. I am pretty sure NoES is.

A certain popular paranormal movie was just made available for streaming today. (unless you're joking which I can then say this reply is for those reading who don't know what I'm talking about)

By the way, I don't think Murdy would necessarily be entirely honest re: lawsuit. No insight as to what's going on this year.

I've always found him to be cryptic. Like I remember the summer of 2016, a few weeks before he announced the Titans of Terror, he did one of his classic asks on Twitter of what we'd like to see at HHN; One reply was American Horror Story and his response was something along the lines of "If we ever decided to do that, what season would it be solely on?" Regardless I hope things are still gonna change these next few months

By the way, I don't think Murdy would necessarily be entirely honest re: lawsuit. No insight as to what's going on this year.
Very True. He knows he needs these studios and making them look bad isn't in his best interest.

I still don't think it had to do with the lawsuit though.

Very True. He knows he needs these studios and making them look bad isn't in his best interest.

I still don't think it had to do with the lawsuit though.

Eh, I think it did, based on what went around last year (off and on the record). You don't design/build an entire pair of mazes on separate coasts and then cut it months before opening unless a major oversight/split occurs. Warner Bros & Uni are still on good terms, re: Horror Nights, so it almost certainly wasn't from a creative angle.

Lol, do you guys think every year we should do a running gag that the Conjuring is coming and then it gets scrapped

If it doesn’t come this year then that’s a 2 year streak(3 if you count in 2016 when people thought it would come even though it wasn’t scrapped not planned)

Edit: Honestly I’m not surprised if Conjuring doesn’t come due to the fact that it would be weird for them to come back to it so quickly after the falling out last year, kind of similar to how they probably won’t do Scream for a while after the whole Orlando thing

I think it's gotten to the point that a lot of us have mentally associated the Conjuring with IT and now it feels weird to only have one of those two IPs at the event without the other; kinda like having only Freddy but no Jason.

I think it's gotten to the point that a lot of us have mentally associated the Conjuring with IT and now it feels weird to only have one of the two IPs at the event without the other; kinda like having only Freddy but no Jason.

Honestly too true about both. One of these days we’ll hopefully see Bathsheba, Valak, and The Crooked Man in a maze:(. Now that you bring that up, I’d take a solo F13 maze over Halloween 2018 since a solo F13 maze hasn’t happened since 2010. I’m hoping the NoES maze takes a lot of cues from ToT and incorporates the chest rip and the campiness of the entire section since that was imo the best section of the maze, it was also pretty scary too.

Eh, I think it did, based on what went around last year (off and on the record). You don't design/build an entire pair of mazes on separate coasts and then cut it months before opening unless a major oversight/split occurs. Warner Bros & Uni are still on good terms, re: Horror Nights, so it almost certainly wasn't from a creative angle.
See I think that just proves it was more of a concession. If Universal spent as much time and money on The Conjuring as they did they aren't just going to drop it. The scope of the lawsuit was who had the rights to the story, not what was done with the story. Even if Universal had been named in the suit the law types that the theme park already have on retainer would have gotten it dropped faster than anything. The lawsuit was way down the road when work on the maze was being done.

Also the rights to Jason Voorhees are (or as a few months ago) were also being tied up in litigation.

I know this may sound extremely pessimistic and sort of self-sadistic to consider as a legitimate possibility, but what are the chances that The Conjuring, Trick 'r Treat, Stranger Things, and IT aren't even coming this year, but instead we end up getting all 4 Titans again with their own exclusive mazes, re-branded as "brand new", and "never before seen scenes"?

I know this may sound extremely pessimistic and sort of self-sadistic to consider as a legitimate possibility, but what are the chances that The Conjuring, Trick 'r Treat, Stranger Things, and IT aren't even coming this year, but instead we end up getting all 4 Titans again with their own specific mazes, rebranded as "brand new", and "never before seen scenes"?

Throw in an “all new” Insidious maze, Saw, and Horrors of Blumhouse Volume 2 ft Truth or Dare, The Green Inferno, Oculus, and The Vist(wouldn’t be too bad of a maze tbh besides that awful ToD smile monster thing) and it’s an amazing lineup.

Edit: Am I the only one who wouldn’t mind the remake of TCM coming back? That movie has so much maze material and even though it was already done it seems like it’d be better than another 1974 maze

*Note the sarcasm on everything but HoB

Did anyone ever talk about the possibility of the new Predator movie coming as a maze? I know it's 20th Century Fox, but I'm not sure if they kept several of the costumes from AvP

Did anyone ever talk about the possibility of the new Predator movie coming as a maze? I know it's 20th Century Fox, but I'm not sure if they kept several of the costumes from AvP

Predator seems like it’d be a really good scarezone, but yeah as far as I know it doesn’t seem like it’d be a house

I know this may sound extremely pessimistic and sort of self-sadistic to consider as a legitimate possibility, but what are the chances that The Conjuring, Trick 'r Treat, Stranger Things, and IT aren't even coming this year, but instead we end up getting all 4 Titans again with their own exclusive mazes, re-branded as "brand new", and "never before seen scenes"?
Conjuring and it I would put as slim to none.

The other two I would give a solid maybe.

BTW I have no inside baseball knowledge but I do know Disney didn't pay $4 billion dollars to not squeeze every last dime out of Star Wars. Just as WB didn't pay money to not do the same out of It and The Conjuring.

Conjuring and it I would put as slim to none.

The other two I would give a solid maybe.

BTW I have no inside baseball knowledge but I do know Disney didn't pay $4 billion dollars to not squeeze every last dime out of Star Wars. Just as WB didn't pay money to not do the same out of It and The Conjuring.

I could’ve sworn somewhere IT was leaked as a property, I hope it’s true but if it doesn’t come it would make sense