Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Based off of what I remember from Cult, and being that they may play off the honeycomb, beehive mentality thing from the commercials, there shouldn't be much black walls anyways, unlike Roanoke that was outside for the woods.

Judging off of the speculated IP’s none of them should have too many black walls, except for Stranger Things depending on whose perspective of the Upside Down they go with(Eleven’s was all black, the others saw it as black and blue with falling ash). But yeah Cult is most likely gonna be little to no black walls

If we do get HoB V2, please no Purge outside, just start with the movie house, and no annoying black rooms, just do theater room transitions, like those in between screening rooms.

If we do get HoB V2, please no Purge outside, just start with the movie house, and no annoying black rooms, just do theater room transitions, like those in between screening rooms.

I don’t even know what they would use for a HoB V2. Truth or Dare doesn’t look maze worthy but would most likely be shoved in, Green Inferno could be a gauntlet like Purge but it would probably be too controversial, and the maze would most likely have Purge and Insidious since one had a success film this year and the other is probably gonna be a hit too

I don’t even know what they would use for a HoB V2. Truth or Dare doesn’t look maze worthy but would most likely be shoved in, Green Inferno could be a gauntlet like Purge but it would probably be too controversial, and the maze would most likely have Purge and Insidious since one had a success film this year and the other is probably gonna be a hit too

Kind of conspiracy theory sounding, but seeing how several movie trailers do this to clean up visuals so more audiences can view them, I feel like the "Snapchat filter" faces in Truth or Dare's trailer were cleaned up a bit to hide more grotesque looking ones that may be shown in the actual film. I remember people last year thought Happy Death Day would be stupid to have in the maze, but it was fine inside.

Kind of conspiracy theory sounding, but seeing how several movie trailers do this to clean up visuals so more audiences can view them, I feel like the "Snapchat filter" faces in Truth or Dare's trailer were cleaned up a bit to hide more grotesque looking ones that may be shown in the actual film. I remember people last year thought Happy Death Day would be stupid to have in the maze, but it was fine inside.

True to a certain extent. Happy Death Day at least had a cool looking killer, and various sets to choose from that weren’t used in the maze(looking at you hospital). Truth or Dare seems to have locations, but might come off as really cheesy if it’s used

Not impossible. That happened with the Georgie scene in IT; in the trailers, he was normal. In the movie, he was not.

If you look closely in the Truth or Dare trailer, you can see a pretty freaky looking old lady in the hospital. They could be waiting for CGI effects to spruce up the Snapchat filters.

BTW: I think it's good to remember that, according to Twitter, Murdy's just gotten back to LA and is doing pitches for IPs. Sure, some pitch meetings apparently happened last year in October, but evidently not all of the house spots were locked. It's a little early to say what's coming and what's not. Chris G also only said one popularly requested IP is maybe not coming to the event (which is apparently The Conjuring or perhaps Stranger Things). That's not a guarantee that all 4 of our popularly requested IPs are coming, but it should be a something to keep in mind between all the doom and gloom of "4 mazes taken by the Titans! Repeat houses! Repeat houses!"

Pessimism's understandable in this situation, but I think y'all are acting a bit excessively.

(PS Chris if The Conjuring doesn't come does that mean that Twin Peaks has a chance o please o please o please Fire walk with meeeeee)

Last edited:
This is off topic but it just occurred to me that if IT comes this year they're totally gonna represent the deadlights with those fan favorite transition hallway lights.

Halloween II style "walk through Pennywise's mouth." Fleshy transition hallway inside with series of jump scares.

There are worse ways of ending a maze.

Last edited:
Extremely unrelated but I just finished playing Until Dawn and I’m genuinely surprised it hasn’t been adapted into a maze yet; it has so much to work with

Extremely unrelated but I just finished playing Until Dawn and I’m genuinely surprised it hasn’t been adapted into a maze yet; it has so much to work with

Sony owns it. They also own The Last of Us and Bloodborne. I'd like to see all of those at HHN, but you know how it is; rights issues, rights issues, pah. Maybe when TLoU movie gets out of development hell, but I doubt it.

Sony owns it. They also own The Last of Us and Bloodborne. I'd like to see all of those at HHN, but you know how it is; rights issues, rights issues, pah. Maybe when TLoU movie gets out of development hell, but I doubt it.

Well that’s a shame; TLoU would be an amazing maze too, and the clickers are different enough from TWD zombies to where they’re not that similar. Sorry for asking but what’s wrong with Sony & Universal’s relationship that would prevent all of those properties from ever coming(just in a hypothetical sense)?

Well that’s a shame; TLoU would be an amazing maze too, and the clickers are different enough from TWD zombies to where they’re not that similar. Sorry for asking but what’s wrong with Sony & Universal’s relationship that would prevent all of those properties from ever coming(just in a hypothetical sense)?

So far as I can tell, there's nothing actively wrong with Sony & Uni's relationship, maybe outside of the obvious cultural rift at the very top of the heirarchy. It's just that outside of Evil Dead 2013, they haven't really worked with each other at all, so it's unknown how well a deal will turn out, especially for a non-promotional house like TLoU (the game is already five years old, Jesus Christ what happened to time) and Until Dawn.

Plus, I'm guessing that video games are an unknown quantity and low on the priority list while big movies and TV series like Stranger Things, Hellraiser, Scream, IT, etc. are still out there.

EDIT: It's the same deal with Paramount pictures; Uni worked with them all the way back in 2010 for Kill Jason, Kill, and there's just not been much of a working relationship since then. Rights tangles with Paramount division Hasbro studios was what ultimately torpedoed the Ouija section of Orlando's HoB.

Like with Sony, there's no active animosity preventing Suspiria, F13, World War Z, or The Ring from coming, it's just that deals are tough to navigate.

Last edited:
So far as I can tell, there's nothing actively wrong with Sony & Uni's relationship, maybe outside of the obvious cultural rift at the very top of the heirarchy. It's just that outside of Evil Dead 2013, they haven't really worked with each other at all, so it's unknown how well a deal will turn out, especially for a non-promotional house like TLoU (the game is already five years old, Jesus Christ what happened to time) and Until Dawn.

Plus, I'm guessing that video games are an unknown quantity and low on the priority list while big movies and TV series like Stranger Things, Hellraiser, Scream, IT, etc. are still out there.

EDIT: It's the same deal with Paramount pictures; Uni worked with them all the way back in 2010 for Kill Jason, Kill, and there's just not been much of a working relationship since then. Rights tangles with Paramount division Hasbro studios was what ultimately torpedoed the Ouija section of Orlando's HoB.

Like with Sony, there's no active animosity preventing Suspiria, F13, World War Z, or The Ring from coming, it's just that deals are tough to navigate.

Would a World War Z maze include Brad Pitt's god-like plot armor after the plane he's in crashes?

Once again unrelated but I think that as a community we probably shouldn't get our hopes too high for Stranger Things or Trick r' Treat. They've both been in early speculation every year for the last few years, and have been repeatedly disproved. Though if this really is Murdy's last year I could see him tackling Trick r' Treat, and admittedly I do think Stranger Things has a fair chance of coming purely due to a personal hunch. Though I think it is dangerous to get our hopes too high, as we saw last year.

Once again unrelated but I think that as a community we probably shouldn't get our hopes too high for Stranger Things or Trick r' Treat. They've both been in early speculation every year for the last few years, and have been repeatedly disproved. Though if this really is Murdy's last year I could see him tackling Trick r' Treat, and admittedly I do think Stranger Things has a fair chance of coming purely due to a personal hunch. Though I think it is dangerous to get our hopes too high, as we saw last year.
To be fair Stranger Things is being extremely requested and rumored by almost everyone and their grandmother. The rumors of Stranger Things coming weren't that crazy last year. Now it is plus it was leaked for Orlando. So there is that. There's a lot of evidence and I have literally no doubt it's coming unless Netflix doesn't approve but there is so many rumors out there that I just don't doubt it.

As for TRT...
Honestly look at this tweet

He went from "I'm waiting for the sequel" to "I'm waiting for the right time". If it's his last year I would imagine he would want to do it. And because of the Success of the Orlando Scare Zone last year I would imagine Universal is pushing him to do it. And better yet if Orlando did a TRT Maze then Murdy would most likely do it because it upset fans a lot.

In summary, I think this two have a higher chance of coming this year than any other but that doesn't mean they are confirmed until they are actually announced. Matter of fact it's just speculation and rumors right now. No Maze Announcements. No Codenames. So do I think they are coming? Yes.

Last edited:
To be fair Stranger Things is being extremely requested and rumored by almost everyone and their grandmother. The rumors of Stranger Things coming weren't that crazy last year. Now it is plus it was leaked for Orlando. So there is that. There's a lot of evidence and I have literally no doubt it's coming unless Netflix doesn't approve but there is so many rumors out there that I just don't doubt it.

As for TRT...
Honestly look at this tweet

He went from "I'm waiting for the sequel" to "I'm waiting for the right time". If it's his last year I would imagine he would want to do it. And because of the Success of the Orlando Scare Zone last year I would imagine Universal is pushing him to do it. And better yet if Orlando did a TRT Maze then Murdy would most likely do it because it upset fans a lot.

In summary, I think this two have a higher chance of coming this year than any other but that doesn't mean they are confirmed until they are actually announced. Matter of fact it's just speculation and rumors right now. No Maze Announcements. No Codenames. So do I think they are coming? Yes.

Murdy would get soooo much heat if Orlando got TrT as an exclusive. And yeah that tweet is a strong implication that this might be its year

Edit: In that Twitter thread Murdy says he would do IT 2017 & also when someone asked why there wasn’t a Halloween maze he said that “Micheal Myers is a busy guy... with a new movie next year and all”

Yeah, I do believe they're coming, just wanted to leave that there mostly for my own use just so I don't die in the event they aren't announced.

Yeah, I do believe they're coming, just wanted to leave that there mostly for my own use just so I don't die in the event they aren't announced.

Same, I’m still being conservative about IT coming because I don’t wanna get disappointed; I’m glad in a way that it’s already kinda out there that The Conjuring is most likely not coming because if it never got announced or spoiled as not coming I would’ve died inside.

Murdy would get soooo much heat if Orlando got TrT as an exclusive. And yeah that tweet is a strong implication that this might be its year

Edit: In that Twitter thread Murdy says he would do IT 2017 & also when someone asked why there wasn’t a Halloween maze he said that “Micheal Myers is a busy guy... with a new movie next year and all”

Also notable in that tweet thread: he said he's looking into a few video game properties.