Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Annual Pass promotion Buy 1 year get 3 months free

But WDW doesn't have a good 4 parks/4 day deal, open to those outside Florida, like last year. So I'm guessing WDW is expecting decent crowds for this quarter & next, like they had the last three months. They always have a hotel discount at this time of year.

But WDW doesn't have a good 4 parks/4 day deal, open to those outside Florida, like last year. So I'm guessing WDW is expecting decent crowds for this quarter & next, like they had the last three months. They always have a hotel discount at this time of year.
Or Disney is just continuing the trend of getting rid of any decent deals.

Or Disney is just continuing the trend of getting rid of any decent deals.
Eh, I'm not so sure. Last year at this time, I was getting bombarded with discount offers from Disney.. this year, not so much. I'm thinking they have some good projections. Which is fine by me. I want Uni and Disney to both do great, and force each other to keep innovating and improving. The fans win in the end.

Eh, I'm not so sure. Last year at this time, I was getting bombarded with discount offers from Disney.. this year, not so much. I'm thinking they have some good projections. Which is fine by me. I want Uni and Disney to both do great, and force each other to keep innovating and improving. The fans win in the end.
Yes, same here.

They did this last year too. Not sure if it is anything more than just a yearly campaign. Them keeping it at the same time means that people will not be able to get the offer when they renew from last year.

I would expect this. They'll likely have nothing added (outside of F&F) during this time- call it April 2018-2019.

I find it improbable that HP will be done by April 2019- and with the expected post potter rush + SW rush that is going to skyrocket from late 2019 and beyond- this makes perfect sense.

What I would wager on, baring an economic meltdown, is that this offer won't ever present itself again in the near future.

ETA: @JoeCamel I just called and they said to go to the park and that they should be able to do it there for you. I'm sure it's still YMMV, but I certainly can sell better in person- so I'm gonna try and swing it when I'm there next week. Mine is way later too- I got APs in September but upgraded to Power in December. So I'm not expecting it, but I'll let you know either way.

Last edited:
I would expect this. They'll likely have nothing added (outside of F&F) during this time- call it April 2018-2019.

I find it improbable that HP will be done by April 2019- and with the expected post potter rush + SW rush that is going to skyrocket from late 2019 and beyond- this makes perfect sense.

What I would wager on, baring an economic meltdown, is that this offer won't ever present itself again in the near future.

ETA: @JoeCamel I just called and they said to go to the park and that they should be able to do it there for you. I'm sure it's still YMMV, but I certainly can sell better in person- so I'm gonna try and swing it when I'm there next week. Mine is way later too- I got APs in September but upgraded to Power in December. So I'm not expecting it, but I'll let you know either way.
Thanks but I won't be up there til margarita day so it would have been nice but I won't miss what I don't have.
I think if you want a pass and aren't working on a renewal date down the road you better get it. We are close to annual price hike time.

How early can one re up for this deal btw. Could one be mid cycle and add an additional year +3 at this rate?

I thought they did this every year, but it is for new passes only (not renewals).

Unless they changed it this year?

But I thought it runs each year with Mardi Gras events.

I thought they did this every year, but it is for new passes only (not renewals).

Unless they changed it this year?

But I thought it runs each year with Mardi Gras events.

You’re right on all counts. New only and every year.

I just don’t see them offering this after potter comes out and the late 2019 SW crowds in addition. Next year will likely be the last year.

So odd, I mean it seems UOR can have so many rules that no team member follows then the same. Good deal for your friend, but I do not think that is the norm with this deal. Guess it is worth trying though!
I think it is the only reason reupped at all. Maybe there is some leeway in that case.

So I guess I am in my renewal period. I should mention that did send me something and it does seem they are currently offering three months free on my renewal...so I guess I was wrong in thinking it was only for new passes (as they have offered in the past around Mardi Gras time of year).