Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If AHS were to be another mashup, which I highly doubt since Murdy mentioned Asylum as a solo maze was a big goal of his, wouldn't it just make sense to have it in FDTD like 2016? The mashup that year worked just fine.

If AHS were to be another mashup, which I highly doubt since Murdy mentioned Asylum as a solo maze was a big goal of his, wouldn't it just make sense to have it in FDTD like 2016? The mashup that year worked just fine.

The mashup in 2016 was originally gonna be in SS747 like AvP, but I guess it would work. I don’t think a mashup with Asylum would ever happen in Hollywood due to the fact of how much maze material there is; I can’t even imagine how cramped the AHS mashup Murdy wrote up last year would’ve been in a tent because of the sheer amount of maze material in Asylum and Roanoke

'Halloween' Sequel Casting Call Teases Return to Iconic Location

"Minutes into the movie, audiences are taken to Smith's Grove Sanitarium, a mental health facility that houses the horrifying Michael Myers. A recent casting call for the upcoming Halloween sequel may hint that the film will return to the iconic location.

A casting call for the film reads, "1 African American and Hispanic MALE to portray Criminally Insane Patient." It's possible these characters could be located at any mental health facility, but co-writers Danny McBride and David Gordon Green regularly emphasized how big of an inspiration the original film is on this sequel, so it would make the most sense to revisit the location from the original film's early scenes."

This was something I saw a while ago but I was just thinking that having Smith Groves Sanitarium be a facade for the maze would be interesting and if we actually get to see this location in the Maze.

Sure if we got AHS Asylum it would be pretty similar (With a Asylum maze and a maze with a Sanitarium facade and all but AHS is probably gonna have the same facade with the cut out of a popular character (s) like the last two years. Plus Asylum would take place only in the Asylum.) Starting in the Smith Groves Sanitarium, then following Michael Myers escape and bloodshed, and then ending in the Myers House.

Just speculation and something I was thinking about and thought I would point out.

'Halloween' Sequel Casting Call Teases Return to Iconic Location

"Minutes into the movie, audiences are taken to Smith's Grove Sanitarium, a mental health facility that houses the horrifying Michael Myers. A recent casting call for the upcoming Halloween sequel may hint that the film will return to the iconic location.

A casting call for the film reads, "1 African American and Hispanic MALE to portray Criminally Insane Patient." It's possible these characters could be located at any mental health facility, but co-writers Danny McBride and David Gordon Green regularly emphasized how big of an inspiration the original film is on this sequel, so it would make the most sense to revisit the location from the original film's early scenes."

This was something I saw a while ago but I was just thinking that having Smith Groves Sanitarium be a facade for the maze would be interesting and if we actually get to see this location in the Maze.

Sure if we got AHS Asylum it would be pretty similar (With a Asylum maze and a maze with a Sanitarium facade and all but AHS is probably gonna have the same facade with the cut out of a popular character (s) like the last two years. Plus Asylum would take place only in the Asylum.) Starting in the Smith Groves Sanitarium, then following Michael Myers escape and bloodshed, and then ending in the Myers House.

Just speculation and something I was thinking about and thought I would point out.

With AHS, wouldn't they do a similar approach to last year, where they reused the previous facade, but had a full facade as the first scene in the house?

With AHS, wouldn't they do a similar approach to last year, where they reused the previous facade, but had a full facade as the first scene in the house?
That's what I said with the facade with a cut out of a popular character(s) of the season(s) they reuse the same facade.

I was just stating that if we got Asylum and Halloween had a Sanitarium facade or setting it would be pretty similar.

If Asylum came this year I imagine the facade would be a cut out of Bloody Face or the Nun and you enter and then go through the woods and encounter Doctor Arden's Mutated Creatures and then enter the actually Asylum facade. Just like Roanoke where you went through the woods and then went into the House facade. Just like you mentioned.

(Or enter through the woods into the tunnel and then end up in the Asylum).

Last edited:
Given that Scáthach wasn't even in our version of Roanoke, I really hope characters like Shachath or Ian McShane's Santa will make appearances. Hell, even the annoying alien subplot would be fine if placed cleverly throughout the maze. Plus visuals from the commercials that would work really well.

So I’m guessing that if all of that is gonna be in the new Halloween there would be no need to utilize the original film; if this maze goes the Asylum, house & kills, and then finale route this maze should be similar to the 09 Halloween rendition(which means let that be how this maze is!!).

That's what I said with the facade with a cut out of a popular character(s) of the season(s) they reuse the same facade.

I was just stating that if we got Asylum and Halloween had a Sanitarium facade or setting it would be pretty similar.

If Asylum came this year I imagine the facade would be a cut out of Bloody Face or the Nun and you enter and then go through the woods and encounter Doctor Arden's Mutated Creatures and then enter the actually Asylum facade. Just like Roanoke where you went through the woods and then went into the House facade. Just like you mentioned.

(Or enter through the woods into the tunnel and then end in the Asylum).

I’d imagine if we got Asylum we’d just do what Orlando did for Roanoke, in that instead of the facade of said season we just go through the Tunnels into the Asylum.
Given that Scáthach wasn't even in our version of Roanoke, I really hope characters like Shachath or Ian McShane's Santa will make appearances. Hell, even the annoying alien subplot would be fine if placed cleverly throughout the maze. Plus visuals from the commercials that would work really well.

I still don’t get why Scathach wasn’t in the Basement scene of Roanoke yet Piggy Man was, he wasn’t even in the season that much. The Angel of Death, Santa, Sister Jude & Sister Mary Eunice, Dr. Arden, the Raspers, and Bloody Face would be mandatory if an Asylum Maze happens. The Aliens could make a good finale but would be kinda clunky and out of place. *If an Asylum Maze happens I really hope they would have Lana Winters in it since she’s been such an influential character on the show

Reactions: marip123
Given that AHS: Roanoke was one of the few mazes to have the least black wall rooms (I don't consider outside forest scenes as those type because black walls for those environments are inevitable), but the ending with getting out of the Polks shed and having Thomasin, the wicker people from the commercials, and Piggy Man all in black rooms was a tad disappointing. Hopefully if Asylum is ours in a few months, they can fill any black rooms in the asylum parts with actual scenic.

Given that AHS: Roanoke was one of the few mazes to have the least black wall rooms (I don't consider outside forest scenes as those type because black walls for those environments are inevitable), but the ending with getting out of the Polks shed and having Thomasin, the wicker people from the commercials, and Piggy Man all in black rooms was a tad disappointing. Hopefully if Asylum is ours in a few months, they can fill any black rooms in the asylum parts with actual scenic.

Well to cut last year some slack it had really bad budget cuts and a smaller budget since 2016 went over budget. I’d hope that this year they’ll up the budget since I know for a fact if any of the speculated mazes like IT, Stranger Things, or Trick ‘r Treat bomb people will be pissed. However, I feel like this year we’re more likely to get an AHS Cult Maze so that they can save Asylum for 2019, where were probably gonna get The Conjuring Trilogy and IT Pt 2(too early for that though).

Well to cut last year some slack it had really bad budget cuts and a smaller budget since 2016 went over budget. I’d hope that this year they’ll up the budget since I know for a fact if any of the speculated mazes like IT, Stranger Things, or Trick ‘r Treat bomb people will be pissed. However, I feel like this year we’re more likely to get an AHS Cult Maze so that they can save Asylum for 2019, where were probably gonna get The Conjuring Trilogy and IT Pt 2(too early for that though).

I just hope it doesn't keep getting pushed off, with next year ending up being focused on season 8 and 2020 on season 9 and so on and so forth.

I just hope it doesn't keep getting pushed off, with next year ending up being focused on season 8 and 2020 on season 9 and so on and so forth.

I really want them to do another AHS mashup this year, just for the fact that we can knock Asylum & Coven out. A solo Cult Maze could be really good, but I think Asylum should get its own Maze before Cult does since it seems more people want Asylum(that and it has more to work with and Murdy keeps talking about how he wants to do it)

I've been thinking about a high risk-high reward scenario where they make AHS a mashup house like in 2016 but this time it would include the upcoming season as some sort of preview just like past houses (Happy Death Day, Insidious 4, Crimson Peak,ect).

I've been thinking about a high risk-high reward scenario where they make AHS a mashup house like in 2016 but this time it would include the upcoming season as some sort of preview just like past houses (Happy Death Day, Insidious 4, Crimson Peak,ect).

Ryan Murphy would never allow that; I read on one site(might have been here but I forgot) that he shut down the set of one season because someone tweeted out pictures of it. I’m thinking if they do a mashup it’ll be Asylum, Coven, & Cult with S8 being the sendoff AHS house

Kind of funny when back in '16 when they were trying so hard to keep the theme of season 6 underwraps with the multitude of fake commercials, just so they could announce it when the season premiered. Yet several months earlier TMZ basically ruined it by publishing pictures of the Roanoke colony buildings and the carved CROATOAN on a tree, giving it away.

Reactions: horrornights789