Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Moving this to the proper thread, it's seeming that via by @k_peek_2000, they may be moving on with a major refurbishment/renovation of the Jurassic Park River Adventure. I will also add some validity that a lone while back, I got wind of this happening as-well, but it seems more that it's just of the matter of wrong time/place (Similar to DC perhaps where it was a manner of not counting the right time).
Wait what? This is a major development. WE NEED MORE INFO. What have you heard? Is it a JW refurb (hope not). Is it a complete refurb in which they will change all animatronics for better ones??? What!!!!

Last time I went we were getting ready to go down the drop when an employee came over the PR system and told someone to stop filming on their phone. I think you can film the 1st portion, but not the 2nd portion.

Ive filmed the entire ride many times and never once been told not to do so. Universal somewhat encourages photography/video recording of the ride in the queue video by warning that if you decide to take photos that your camera may get wet. The only lose article Ive seen TMs really strict on is hats.

This only happens at the Universal Studios Hollywood version.
Yeah, in Florida it’s just a scrim of claw marks on the right side of the boat.

Sidenote: we came off of Jurassic Park in Hollywood raving about how much better it was than its Florida counterpart, so you’re still working with a better experience overall.

Hey guys, I became a member here basically just to post this...

I don't think JPRA is under a long refurbishment right now. I was at the park yesterday - my first visit ever - and when I got to the lower lot, there were a bunch of people working in the splashdown pond. A few hours later they were gone and the water was being refilled. On the studio tour, I could see that the water in the upper part hadn't been drained. My hunch is that at least right now, this is a relatively short refurbishment.

As for why they have taken so long to do a proper refurbishment, remember that these parks draw people from all over the world, and those people want to get the chance to ride these rides. Jurassic Park was the ride I was perhaps the most interested in seeing. While I totally get that going during the offseason is risking missing seeing some rides, the longer a ride is closed, the longer that you disappoint people who are traveling. Disney World in particular has stopped most ride seasonal overlays because of the issues with closing them and disappointing people.

This isn't to say that the ride doesn't need it - I'm sure it does. But, I would have rather rode a half-working JPRA than no JPRA at all.

Because of this, Universal, especially with a super limited attraction selection, has to really balance things so that they don't have too many attractions closed, and that they can update them without crowds. It's not a matter of not caring for it, but figuring out how to care for it while not ending up with multiple attractions all down at the same time. With the exception of the Studio Tour, which they can swap in and out pieces of without taking down the full experience, when USH takes down a ride, they are taking down a huge chunk of the park. This makes scheduling nearly impossible to do.

USH is a pretty unique park overall, but it has difficult problems like this one because of it. While I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to ride it, I was very happy with my experience overall.

I don't think JPRA is under a long refurbishment right now.

Didn't even read the entire thing to say that you sir are wrong.:lol: ATM the ride isn't under for a long refurbishment as reported by IU but will open I believe sometime around February. We are talking about a major possible remodel happening after this summer.:pixie:

Uh, I read the quote above by AlexanderMBush, that's what I was replying to. If by "moving on with a major refurbishment", they meant "at some predetermined time", then... yes. Of course. I took his comment as this is happening now.

I had hoped it was open in whatever condition yesterday. It wasn't, but it looked like it might be soon. That's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coasted

I don't think JPRA is under a long refurbishment right now. I was at the park yesterday - my first visit ever - and when I got to the lower lot, there were a bunch of people working in the splashdown pond. A few hours later they were gone and the water was being refilled. On the studio tour, I could see that the water in the upper part hadn't been drained. My hunch is that at least right now, this is a relatively short refurbishment.

As for why they have taken so long to do a proper refurbishment, remember that these parks draw people from all over the world, and those people want to get the chance to ride these rides. Jurassic Park was the ride I was perhaps the most interested in seeing. While I totally get that going during the offseason is risking missing seeing some rides, the longer a ride is closed, the longer that you disappoint people who are traveling. Disney World in particular has stopped most ride seasonal overlays because of the issues with closing them and disappointing people.

This isn't to say that the ride doesn't need it - I'm sure it does. But, I would have rather rode a half-working JPRA than no JPRA at all.

Because of this, Universal, especially with a super limited attraction selection, has to really balance things so that they don't have too many attractions closed, and that they can update them without crowds. It's not a matter of not caring for it, but figuring out how to care for it while not ending up with multiple attractions all down at the same time. With the exception of the Studio Tour, which they can swap in and out pieces of without taking down the full experience, when USH takes down a ride, they are taking down a huge chunk of the park. This makes scheduling nearly impossible to do.

USH is a pretty unique park overall, but it has difficult problems like this one because of it. While I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to ride it, I was very happy with my experience overall.
Welcome to the IU Forums. :thumbsup::cheers:

Reactions: ush.hacker
Someone must have at least a rumor. I hope it is not a refurb to update it to Jurassic World or to remove problematic gags in the ride (I really hope they don't remove the falling car, since they didn't even attempt to replicate it in Florida I imagine it is a very complicated one)

Someone must have at least a rumor. I hope it is not a refurb to update it to Jurassic World or to remove problematic gags in the ride (I really hope they don't remove the falling car, since they didn't even attempt to replicate it in Florida I imagine it is a very complicated one)

I keep hearing they’re gonna outfit every Dinosaur with heels.

[crickets don’t bother]

It still bothers me that the jeep hasn't fallen properly for almost a decade. Wish they could have adapted the Orlando version where it doesn't have any kind of problems.
The jeep is one of the reasons I prefer Hollywood's versions. It makes more of an impression than the trembling crate...at least when it's working.

Hollywood has the best Jurassic Park ride if you ask me. I prefer it over Florida's and Japan's.