Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Westworld

Rewatching...what comes to mind is where is the Fed Government or the modern day PETA? There is so much bio engineering going on. And where is the set department maintenance crew... that saloon heist scene causes some serious damage and everything must be right as rain each morning.
I think it's been hinted that this is on an island somewhere, not within the United States. As for PETA... there are no animals. Everything is manufactured... EVERYTHING. As hinted at by the horse in the title sequence and moments like when Dr. Ford stops that snake.

And the sex and debauchery... could a guest interupt a scene by walking up to one of the characters during a heist or a romantic scene between characters and say, “hey babe, yer comin with me and we’re gonna get all sexy”, and walk them out of the story?
If you do that, they're going to respond naturally according to their personality. If you walk up to them during a heist, more likely than not all you're just going to get is a funny look from them and they tell you to frak off. It all depends you, on if you're playing it white hat or black hat. If you're playing it white hat, you'll find a story thread to follow that leads to a romantic liaison with one of the characters. Or if you're playing it black hat, you're probably going to be doing stuff like what happened to Dolores at her farm. But they're not just going to blindly follow your commands, they're going to act and respond the way their personality has been programmed.

A cool photo:

original

Westworld HBO Season 1 DVD Extras | HBO

So they've had to interrupt shooting season two because of the wildfires in California. Would've thought Ford had an answer to theme park days being ruined by the weather by now ;)

Finally got around to watching the original. It holds up pretty well considering its age. In a weird coincidence, I watched it directly after Jurassic Park and couldn't help but notice how similar the stories are (Same writer after all). I think there was some inspiration for Terminator in there.

Also, James Brolin is the spitting image of Christian Bale in it.

I personally hope that they don’t rely on Wood to carry season 2. She just doesn’t have the gravitas.

That would leave us with Ed, Jeffrey and Thandie. I will so miss Hopkins...

I personally hope that they don’t rely on Wood to carry season 2. She just doesn’t have the gravitas.

That would leave us with Ed, Jeffrey and Thandie. I will so miss Hopkins...

I agree Teebin.

I'm still floored Wood won the Emmy over Carrie Coon in either Leftovers or Fargo- take your pick. Or Keri Russell in the Americans.

It was a performance that was propped up single-handedly by editing and cut-scenes. It's not like she went from robot to person over and over- it was just edited. Without the interviews- and primarily with Hopkins taking the lead there- her performance was as bland as it could be. The interactions between her and the man in white (young ed) weren't even average- they were bad.
I see her performance falling off very sharply without the edits and Hopkins propping her up.

Thandie, on the other hand? Hot damn- what a standout.

Cautiously optimistic!

Im looking forward to it but not sure how they can live up to season 1.

The plot twists will certainly be hard to beat and Hopkins will be missed, but even so I look forward to watching. oh and I hope Thandi gets plenty of screen time, she was fantastic in season 1.