Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

I've been a supporter of getting FNAF at the event till I realized it'd make the event more neutered than adding Potter to it. Now I'm mixed on it and now add the fact the movie is directed by Chris Columbus.... yuck.

^Took the words right out of my mouth. Again, what's ironic is that I actually find the first two FNAFs to be pretty terrifying psychological trips, and if the fan base wasn't what it was, you could make a pretty scary house out of it. Given the rumored '80s vibe this year, an original house themed to a haunted Chuck E Cheese-like joint would actually be pretty kick@$$--something that would be to FNaF what Interstellar Terror was to Event Horizon, for instance.

My personal vibes on the locations based on the rumored list:
  • SS19 / 21: IT 2017
  • SS22: NOES
  • SS24: The Thing
  • SS24: Original
  • Shrek: TrT
  • Parade: Stranger Things
  • Tent 1: Closed-Space Original
  • Tent 2: AHS Cult
  • Tent 3: Blumhouse’s Halloween
  • New Location (If Houses go up to 10): 3D Original

There is absolutely no way they put Stranger Things in the parade building.

If the Parade Building dosen’t something strong enough, it’s gonna be a deadzone just like last year.

I could see BlumHalloween going there but to me, it’s also making a bad crowd situation already worse if they place the two completely new popular IP’s right in the front together.

If this does end up having Stranger Things and IT and the possibility of a potter show, the wait times will be insane.

Fast pass is looking like a must for at least one night, UO does a pretty decent job with crowd control but there’s always a few jaugernauts that stand at a 120 minute wait. I can see that being Stranger Things this year. Can’t wait to see what creative does with this awesome lineup

my location theory is this

ss19/21 stranger things [ most big ips go here ]
SS22: NOES [ makes sense since nightmare on elm street in 2007 was in a soundstage
SS24: it [ again big ip ]
SS24: the thing [ the practical effects will be HUGE so yeah. ]
Shrek: ahs cult [ will fit in a small space ]
Parade: halloween [ fits since this might be small yet big too ]
Tent 1: Closed-Space Original
Tent 2: trick r treat [ small space will fit for 5 stories ]
Tent 3: original
New Location (If Houses go up to 10): 3D Original

Why are people always so obsessed with locations before we even know if the supposed houses are coming? Especially this year when we’re not even certain what locations are available?

There’s still a chance two parks happen. There’s always a chance.

People want to pick apart news. If there’s no news they speculate. Same thing is happening with Nintendo now.

Why are people always so obsessed with locations before we even know if the supposed houses are coming? Especially this year when we’re not even certain what locations are available?

There’s still a chance two parks happen. There’s always a chance.

I understand it could happen, but do they want it to happen?

One of the best aspects of two parks would be the backstage scarezones connecting the parks. Those wouldn’t have to adhere to the daily parade route and could feature fixed stages/sets.

^I mean, with ten houses I doubt the SZ budget will be very high. If we get nine houses, then with the 7/2 IP/original ratio then I expect some killer good, all original zones--and the merged park layout would be the best way to do that. Aside from which, I could use a change of pace from the usual layout!