Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

Also people wanted the same genre as the first three (30's cliffhanger serial) but Lucas wanted to move foward into 50s style sci-fi films (befitting the era). So the look and feel was bound to be different no matter what.

Lot's of talk over on Magic of an Indiana Jones "Mega E-Ticket" that could be making it's way to DHS that would utilize the Shanghai Pirates tech. @Disneyhead has been very active in those conversations and seems to know a lot about the status of said project. He has said that this is actually the lesser proposal (a DAK proposal was supposedly better/bigger in scope), but still sounds good to me as DHS needs rides and I'd prefer to keep IJ out of DAK. It would also add a much needed boat ride to the park.

He also mentioned this was still in the early stages so don't get hopes too high yet.

I think I'd rather see it in Animal Kingdom, especially if it comes with the megaland that Disneyhead was talking about. Any big Indy attraction deserves the context of something like Adventureland or Lost River Delta, and I just don't see them creating that at Hollywood Studios.
:thumbsdown:

Sorry, that ride system looks cool, but it's not what I want out of an Indy ride. Needs some thrill.
I kind of wonder if that ride system could work in combination with something more along the lines of a river rapids flume.

Lot's of talk over on Magic of an Indiana Jones "Mega E-Ticket" that could be making it's way to DHS that would utilize the Shanghai Pirates tech. @Disneyhead has been very active in those conversations and seems to know a lot about the status of said project. He has said that this is actually the lesser proposal (a DAK proposal was supposedly better/bigger in scope), but still sounds good to me as DHS needs rides and I'd prefer to keep IJ out of DAK. It would also add a much needed boat ride to the park.

He also mentioned this was still in the early stages so don't get hopes too high yet.

God I hope they don't make a slow moving IJ boat ride.. :thumbsdown:

:thumbsdown:

Sorry, that ride system looks cool, but it's not what I want out of an Indy ride. Needs some thrill.

I'm torn. I agree with you completely in terms of the Indy Franchise. But it'd be great for DHS. Not knowing the thrill level of the new SW stuff exactly yet, you really only have the Mickey ride and kinda TSMM as family-ish dark rides. Would be great for the overall attraction lineup.

I'm torn. I agree with you completely in terms of the Indy Franchise. But it'd be great for DHS. Not knowing the thrill level of the new SW stuff exactly yet, you really only have the Mickey ride and kinda TSMM as family-ish dark rides. Would be great for the overall attraction lineup.

Then add a family dark ride over in the animation courtyard or something. Don't waste Indy on one.

(Also, DHS can have 0 family dark rides and I'll be happy #SorryNotSorry)

"TDO" is favoring the lesser DHS plan.

I hear they are scaling back plans for several projects (MK Theater, Indy, Epcot redo) because of the money pit known as the Monorail.
I'm confused why they don't just buy a new fleet instead of spending millions for upkeep on old, rotting ones. Buying an actual fleet of monorails isn't too expensive (relatively), it's building the infrastructure that costs most of the money.

While WDW's rebirth budget is HUGE, it is not unlimited.

And apparently fixing the 'rails is gonna hurt.

Oh, and thank the "leaker" on the closing epcot line rumor. The backlash was gamechanging. As was the leak on renaming DHS to Cinemagine Park.

And we think Disney's not listening.

Yup.

Also I bet the “rethinking WDW” budget will continue to shrink and then lots will be eaten up by transportation.

This is what happens when you let things languish and require massive budgets w Board approval to build anything

I'm confused why they don't just buy a new fleet instead of spending millions for upkeep on old, rotting ones. Buying an actual fleet of monorails isn't too expensive (relatively), it's building the infrastructure that costs most of the money.

Easy.

Penny wise pound foolish.

From what I understand, it will basically be a new fleet. The only remaining thing will be the chassis.

I have no idea why they choose that route.

Hot Take: It's time to ditch the monorail. They let it rot for too long, and the cost is too prohibitive to the resort's growth
I tend to agree, but only because of how much maintenance monorails need. That's where they spend a lot of money. Buying a new fleet would be fairly cheap and would solve a lot of headaches fast.

They could easily use the monorail route and the Monorail stations for a Gondola line to replace it though. Gondolas are much cheaper than monorails and arguably more efficient.