Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Black Panther

Apr 22, 2016
cof3f5bwcaqysc6.jpg

Release date: February 16, 2018
Director/Screenplay: Ryan Coogler
Cast/Synopsis: Black Panther: Official Synopsis and Full Cast Revealed | Den of Geek

Cannot wait for this movie! I'm glad that BP is benefiting from having its premiere date pushed back- the extra development time has been doing it justice.

Cannot wait for this movie! I'm glad that BP is benefiting from having its premiere date pushed back- the extra development time has been doing it justice.

I have a feeling it will be the strongest standalone just based on the fact there is a lot more riding on this film compared to the other films.

I have a feeling it will be the strongest standalone just based on the fact there is a lot more riding on this film compared to the other films.

This. Between BP and the Captain Marvel movie (as well as any new standalone "origin" movies that'll come out for MCU) Marvel's letting up on the tight, uniformed control over their "cinematic" vision and allowing their films to be more expressive. You can see hints of it coming out in Thor: Ragnarok and even Dr. Strange. It's a good time to get back into comic book movies :).

The World Premiere for Black Panther has now been done, and early response from everyone at the premiere, is raving the film. Everyone is praising what Ryan Coogler has done, and has been said as one of the best Marvel films of all time.

Every Marvel film is one of the best Marvel films of all time...
Well, you have to admit that it has been quite a spectacular 10+ year run. Sure there's been a few movies that haven't been the best in there, but even the worst MCU movie is better than the best DCEU movie. On second thought, maybe Wonder Woman slips through as better than some MCU movies, but it was an overrated movie imo, largely bc DC finally put out something enjoyable and coherent.

Note: I'm not a Marvel fan boy or a DC hater, I just like good movies. It just so happens Marvel has been putting out quality content while DC has been a bit of a mess.

I agree, I wish DC would get their movies together.

I didn't bother seeing WW or JL. BvS just killed all my hopes and dreams for the franchise. Only Marvel Film I absolutely hated was IM3.

Fandango has officially announced that Black Panther has now beaten Batman vs. Superman in pre-sales for the entire superhero genre so-far, as Alamo Drafthouse, the more premier outlet movie theater chain, has also announced that as-well, but to Guardians vol. 2 on that level.

I agree, I wish DC would get their movies together.

I didn't bother seeing WW or JL.

I would see Wonder Woman, as it does do something that exceeds what Batman v. Superman, Justice League, Suicide Squad, and Man of Steel ever could do. Which, is actually hilarious, that the stand-alone bested the team-up for DC, who has seemed to be very insistent of doing the Team-Up first.

In the meantime, more detailed of the soundtrack to be produced by Kendrick Lamar came out of Rolling Stones..

Kendrick Lamar Details All-Star 'Black Panther' Soundtrack - Rolling Stone

:popcorn:

Fandango has officially announced that Black Panther has now beaten Batman vs. Superman in pre-sales for the entire superhero genre so-far, as Alamo Drafthouse, the more premier outlet movie theater chain, has also announced that as-well, but to Guardians vol. 2 on that level.

I would see Wonder Woman, as it does do something that exceeds what Batman v. Superman, Justice League, Suicide Squad, and Man of Steel ever could do. Which, is actually hilarious, that the stand-alone bested the team-up for DC, who has seemed to be very insistent of doing the Team-Up first.

In the meantime, more detailed of the soundtrack to be produced by Kendrick Lamar came out of Rolling Stones..

Kendrick Lamar Details All-Star 'Black Panther' Soundtrack - Rolling Stone

:popcorn:

Comcast is just happy they keep getting them 4 dollars for every ticket....

This was incredibly average. Nothing about it stood out to me. The only thing that was slightly above average was Andy Serkis and the ancestral plane looked cool. The only bad was some of the green screen and special effects were awful. This isn’t really bad like the first Thor or so incredibly forgettable as the second Thor, but it doesn’t do anything for me.

I thought it was good. I don’t think it’s in the upper echelon of MCU movies but it was good.
One complaint I have is I feel BP wasn’t in his suit enough. And when he was, I didn’t love all of the glowy vibranium of the suit. I watched Civil War Friday night, and I still like the whole BP/Cap/Bucky fight scene more than anything from this film.

Not seeing any talk about their thoughts on it here. But IMO it's my favorite MCU Movie. Fantastic in a lot of ways.
Top Four for me. Absolutely loved it.My only problem was Martin Freeman's American accent. He tried, but it just doesn't work on him.