Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 227 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As much as I think a ride should be in that location, the only way they get rid of Soundstage 33 is if they build a replacement somewhere else... Which would take up another random expansion plot.

The parking lot isn't going anywhere. It's dedicated to the soundstages and staging. The only way that goes is if all production shuts down. If that happens (which it won't), then it's a moot point because ALL the sounstages can removed.

Expanding the DM show building back is conceivable, but you're actually only getting enough space for a queue and loading station unless BMG is removed. There's an access route back there for employees.

The plot with the back half of the coaster to CityWalk would actually best be used to expand a new entrance plaza. Any attraction you put there would cause even more congestion at the front of the park than what already exists.

And if you move the stage, where do you put it?

I've heard there are plans to remove the sound stages as some sort of future plan but it's so nuts and future it'll probably change.

I can see BMG moving to an actual THEATER VENUE since the UOR location is now their premier location in terms of seating capacity.

Reactions: jtsalien
I've heard there are plans to remove the sound stages as some sort of future plan but it's so nuts and future it'll probably change.

I can see BMG moving to an actual THEATER VENUE since the UOR location is now their premier location in terms of seating capacity.
I can see them removing some, but not all.

It's obviously not a den of non-stop production back there, so in the long term, to expand IOA or USF, they could definitely stand to remove some, but production still happens not too infrequently so it's not like they should just close up shop and go home right now. Especially since all the infrastructure is in place, if Florida EVER passed some sort of bill that made the tax incentives competitive with somewhere like Atlanta, then it could become a frequently used place again.

Reactions: jtsalien

Concerts could potentially take place in one of the stages I suppose

Concerts could potentially take place in one of the stages I suppose
You don't want concerts like what Universal does in a soundstage. It drastically decreases the amount of people who can watch it while immediately making safety and crowd control a nightmare.

Free, heavily advertised concerts have to be outside. That way everyone in the park who comes explicitly for the concert can see/hear the performance.

That's why the ampitheater ain't budging.

You don't want concerts like what Universal does in a soundstage. It drastically decreases the amount of people who can watch it while immediately making safety and crowd control a nightmare.

Free, heavily advertised concerts have to be outside. That way everyone in the park who comes explicitly for the concert can see/hear the performance.

That's why the ampitheater ain't budging.
Yeah, there was somewhere around 10-12,000 in the area of the concert yard tonight for Macklemore. No way indoor concerts are even an option.

Reactions: Legacy
Also, RRR has valleyed three times while empty...Not sure, but I don't think that's normal for coasters
The Smiler at Alton Towers has valleyed at least three times in the same element (the batwing). Surprised Alton hasn't gotten a message yet.

Anyway, maybe they should consider turning off HRRR's brake runs during cold weather to reduce the risk of stalling.

Also, in response to @Skold, HRRR's theoretical throughput is 1850pph.

Reactions: tankart150
I can see them removing some, but not all.

It's obviously not a den of non-stop production back there, so in the long term, to expand IOA or USF, they could definitely stand to remove some, but production still happens not too infrequently so it's not like they should just close up shop and go home right now. Especially since all the infrastructure is in place, if Florida EVER passed some sort of bill that made the tax incentives competitive with somewhere like Atlanta, then it could become a frequently used place again.

Plus the flip side of the lack of Production is that you now have a bunch of empty offices and space for Back of House folks to work. Like if you move BMG, now you also have to find homes for a bunch of IT and Creative folks. People tend to forget about how much work goes into running UOR when talking Blue Sky expansions.

Plus the flip side of the lack of Production is that you now have a bunch of empty offices and space for Back of House folks to work. Like if you move BMG, now you also have to find homes for a bunch of IT and Creative folks. People tend to forget about how much work goes into running UOR when talking Blue Sky expansions.
Yes....More Blue Sky...Less Fast & Furious types.

Reactions: tankart150
I'm not...see attached picture

I'd have SLOP in the NY area for consistency and that allows Shrek to become something a little more generic for the entrance to the park that doesn't necessarily need to have a land. I'd put another coaster to replace HRRR and the parcel of land near CityWalk would probably still be needed to loop the coaster back to the station but with better design, you can easily fit a new restaurant.

The Smiler at Alton Towers has valleyed at least three times in the same element (the batwing). Surprised Alton hasn't gotten a message yet.

Anyway, maybe they should consider turning off HRRR's brake runs during cold weather to reduce the risk of stalling.

Also, in response to @Skold, HRRR's theoretical throughput is 1850pph.
Yeah, it also crashed too

They have heaters in the station to warm RRR's wheels, I doubt they would turn the break runs off...That just sends red flags..There is really only one area where RRR valleys most of the time, right after the non-inverted loop

I'd have SLOP in the NY area for consistency and that allows Shrek to become something a little more generic for the entrance to the park that doesn't necessarily need to have a land. I'd put another coaster to replace HRRR and the parcel of land near CityWalk would probably still be needed to loop the coaster back to the station but with better design, you can easily fit a new restaurant.
Yes, that would be great...All I'm asking is for a better themed coaster with a better layout and theming...You know, the stuff Universal is known for

How come we're talking about demolishing HRRR? It's only 9 years old, and while it's not the best coaster out there, it's certainly not the worst either!
Sorry, double post...In my humble opinion, RRR is a lasting relic of a former pre-Potter era. It's rough, the line is awful, it has more than its fair share of breakdowns, and people constantly come off with a headache haha...I get that Universal uses it in their advertising...They also used to use JAWS too

I think at the very least they replace it with a much more quality coaster

They are gonna rip HRRR out.

It is penciled in for the 2030 project.

Is this for real, or is it sarcasm? I can't tell. :look:

I'll be perfectly honest: I don't hate HRRR nor do I actively want to see it bulldozed, but I don't think I'd be too upset if it went, just because I always felt like it ruined the skylines of Seuss Landing in IOA, lol.

Is this for real, or is it sarcasm? I can't tell. :look:

I'll be perfectly honest: I don't hate HRRR nor do I actively want to see it bulldozed, but I don't think I'd be too upset if it went, just because I always felt like it ruined the skylines of Seuss Landing in IOA, lol.

Universal don’t know what they’re doing in 2020 yet alone 2030 :whistle:

I like HRRR but it’s flawed. Even updating the music at the bare minimum would be an improvement. A B&M hyper would be something else all together but I’m not holding my breath.