Deadpool 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Deadpool 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It has been officially announced, that Fox's brand new sequel to Deadpool 2 has found it's Cable.

Cable, is going to be played by the one and only Josh Brolin (Goonies, Avengers Infinity War, Sicario, E.T.C..) as he is now on a Multi-film contract.

'Deadpool 2': Josh Brolin to Play Cable (Exclusive) | Hollywood Reporter

He now joins the cast of actors, including Zazie Beetz as Domino, Karan Soni as Dopinder, and returning cast members like Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Stefan Kapcic as Colossus, and Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson/Deadpool.

No release date has been announced, but production is expected to begin this spring.

Are you excited to see what comes around with the new installment? What do you hope to see in the new film? Comment down below!!

It's not unheard of for an actor to play two different comic-book characters.

What IS crazy, however, is someone playing two-different comic-book characters at the same time, under the same brand no less.

Meanwhile, Steven Weintraub from Collider said more recently that the test screenings were actually being rated high.

Just like Suicide Squad testing well and then we saw that later mess of a film.

You also have multiple people even those who work at collider disagreeing including those who actually saw the movie and hint the thing that everyone is spoiling and saying they hated it stated.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
69 on Metacritic
86% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

Critics Consensus: Though it threatens to buckle under the weight of its meta gags, Deadpool 2 is a gory, gleeful lampoon of the superhero genre buoyed by Ryan Reynolds' undeniable charm

Reactions: Disneyhead
I thought the first act was a bit slow, but the second and third acts--including the end credit sequence--were absolutely brilliant.

Saw this today and thought the first one was better. This was good. I mean I was able to shut my brain off for 2 hours and enjoy this with no complaints. But I just left the theatre feeling the first Deadpool was better. But as far as villains go....Cable>Francis.

Some tidbits

• Better than I thought it'd be, better than the first IMO (Has issues with the first)
  • Zazie Beetz is the standout of the film as Domino
  • Tyler Bates did a great job with the music, worked to the film's advantage
  • Wish they tightened up the story a little bit more, but it felt more cohesive than the first
  • lot of the meta-jokes stuck the landing
  • Best Mid-Credit sequence for a Fox-Marvel film

Saw it Friday. The first was surprising in that it wasn’t a train wreck, so this one also passing the bar of not being a train wreck didn’t impress me. Long, dull stretches punctuated by legitimately hilarious bits just isn’t enough for me. Story decisions out the gate left a bad taste too, and Deadpool just isn’t a character that can sell an emotional storyline. Don’t have a burning desire to ever see it again.

I'll echo these criticisms you guys are posting. The first was hilarious, but for this one, I'd say about 90% of the jokes missed for me. The 10% that actually landed weren't ones that had me howling either outside of one scene. On the bright side, it never felt meandering, which is a big issue a lot of CBMs have. Maybe it'll improve on a rewatch at home a few months down the road like Homecoming did for me, but I'm pretty let down.

Reactions: chris.g
Really funny. Good movie. The story ended up completely pointless, but I enjoyed the movie overall.