Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 473 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hoooooooo boy do I disagree. It's anecdotal, of course, but when Uni and Nintendo announced it I had a ton of friends commenting on Facebook that they would be going to Universal for this.

Even if there is crossover, it's going to bring all those people back to the parks for sure.

I agree.

Even if they were to have visit, no doubt they would visit just for Nintendo and buy lots of merch. Uni will more than likely try to sell lots of Universal-Only merchandise. Especially if Uni decided to do wand type pokemon stuff

I think it will bring in a lot of "gamers" who don't have a family. Sorta like the Harry Potter fanatics, only the video game version of that (like the people in that video I posted). But also it will entice more of those families who only go to Disney but haven't leaped over to Universal yet.

I think it will bring in a lot of "gamers" who don't have a family. Sorta like the Harry Potter fanatics, only the video game version of that (like the people in that video I posted). But also it will entice more of those families who only go to Disney but haven't leaped over to Universal yet.

Zelda, sure. Pokemon... maybe. I think the Go craze helped bridge some gaps between generations. Mario though, that's timeless. He's crossed on over through so many outlets. He's the star of this deal, and rightfully should be.

The Nintendo community (gaming) have yet to be introduced to the parks. Universal nor Disney have never really attempted to do video game franchises. Nintendo will bring in new guests to the park that have hey to come (like Potter). Nintendo, just like Star Wars and Marvel, its a household name. It's popular and has a wide age range.
Crash Bandicoot (Universal), Wreck it Ralph, Kingdom Heaets, TRON, and Epic Mickey :)

View attachment 6196

Will universal announce something?

I would think if we see announcements for Super Nintendo World, and I've said this a few times we will see it either in:

A.) A Japanese Nintendo Direct in 2019 - Osaka has the first out of the others, and that it will be possibly opening around the Summer Olympics. I would assume that Nintendo and Universal Studios Japan would come together for a Japanese Nintendo Direct moment to announce any information

B.) Any Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Hollywood version - This really doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon, but I do think it isn't imposssible that we may see a roll-out of groundbreaking ceremonies, similar to the Osaka ceremony for the Hollywood version (especially if Orlando has theirs for Gate 3 now).

Reactions: tankart150
Predictions for SNW 2.0

- The land will be broken up into four sections: Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser's Keep, Donkey Kong Country, and Luigi's Mansion.
- The Mushroom Kingdom will nearly double its size. More play areas will be added, along with a theater and a new ride (could be based on Peach or Captain Toad)
- Bowser's Keep will become the new home for Mario Kart. This land would be connected to the Mushroom Kingdom by a warp pipe.
- Donkey Kong Country (no longer having to deal with land restrictions) will be revamped. The Mine-Cart coaster gets a new layout, the play areas expanded. A new warp pipe connects to Luigi's Mansion
- Luigi's Mansion will get a mini-land. This would showcase a Luigi's Mansion shooting dark ride (similar to Toy Story Mania), a play area, and a small maze outside the mansion.

Predictions for SNW 2.0

- The land will be broken up into four sections: Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser's Keep, Donkey Kong Country, and Luigi's Mansion.
- The Mushroom Kingdom will nearly double its size. More play areas will be added, along with a theater and a new ride (could be based on Peach or Captain Toad)
- Bowser's Keep will become the new home for Mario Kart. This land would be connected to the Mushroom Kingdom by a warp pipe.
- Donkey Kong Country (no longer having to deal with land restrictions) will be revamped. The Mine-Cart coaster gets a new layout, the play areas expanded. A new warp pipe connects to Luigi's Mansion
- Luigi's Mansion will get a mini-land. This would showcase a Luigi's Mansion shooting dark ride (similar to Toy Story Mania), a play area, and a small maze outside the mansion.
Why would two inside locations that exists within "Mushroom Kingdom" be given mini-lands? And the Mario Cart ride, from appearances was already located in Bowser's Castle from concept art. Add Luigi's Mansion as a ride in Mushroom Kingdom and build Yoshi's Island as a mini-lands.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Why would two inside locations that exists within "Mushroom Kingdom" be given mini-lands? And the Mario Cart ride, from appearances was already located in Bowser's Castle from concept art. Add Luigi's Mansion as a ride in Mushroom Kingdom and build Yoshi's Island as a mini-lands.

It would kinda be weird to have both Yoshi's Island and Donkey Kong Country, plus it would be easier to keep a lot of the Mushroom Kingdom's current layout. Mario Kart would be moved to add more space to the main courtyard, and Bowser's Keep has potential for a land.

[QUOTE = "LintemuthStudios, article: 641587, membre: 8247"] Prédictions pour SNW 2.0

- La terre sera divisée en quatre sections: le champignon des champignons, le donjon de Bowser, le pays de Donkey Kong et le manoir de Luigi .
- Le royaume des champignons va presque doubler sa taille. Plus de zones de jeu seront ajoutées, avec un théâtre et un nouveau tour (pourrait être basé sur Peach ou Captain Toad)
- Bowser's Keep deviendra la nouvelle maison de Mario Kart. Cette terre serait reliée au royaume des champignons par un tuyau de distorsion.
- Donkey Kong Country (ne plus avoir à faire face à des restrictions foncières) sera réorganisé. Le coaster Mine-Cart reçoit une nouvelle mise en page, les zones de jeu étendues. Un nouveau tuyau de distorsion se connecte au manoir de Luigi
- Le manoir de Luigi recevra une mini-terre. Cela mettrait en valeur un manoir de Luigi tourné sombre (similaire à Toy Story Mania), une aire de jeux, et un petit labyrinthe à l'extérieur du manoir. [/ QUOTE]

Where does this information come from?

[QUOTE = "LintemuthStudios, article: 641587, membre: 8247"] Prédictions pour SNW 2.0

- La terre sera divisée en quatre sections: le champignon des champignons, le donjon de Bowser, le pays de Donkey Kong et le manoir de Luigi .
- Le royaume des champignons va presque doubler sa taille. Plus de zones de jeu seront ajoutées, avec un théâtre et un nouveau tour (pourrait être basé sur Peach ou Captain Toad)
- Bowser's Keep deviendra la nouvelle maison de Mario Kart. Cette terre serait reliée au royaume des champignons par un tuyau de distorsion.
- Donkey Kong Country (ne plus avoir à faire face à des restrictions foncières) sera réorganisé. Le coaster Mine-Cart reçoit une nouvelle mise en page, les zones de jeu étendues. Un nouveau tuyau de distorsion se connecte au manoir de Luigi
- Le manoir de Luigi recevra une mini-terre. Cela mettrait en valeur un manoir de Luigi tourné sombre (similaire à Toy Story Mania), une aire de jeux, et un petit labyrinthe à l'extérieur du manoir. [/ QUOTE]

The only confirmed attraction is the Mario Kart attraction (was confirmed back at Osaka groundbreaking), and that it's been highly rumored of Donkey Kong having a attraction with the "Boom Coaster" patent and Yoshi being an Omnimover based dark ride.

As for Luigis Mansion, I think @Disneyhead brought it up on WDWMagic, due to that they have possibly shifted gears from the original location, Universal Studios Florida's Kidzone to the first major theme park on the over 475+ acres Universal bought (and are trying to get more, following a Stan Thomas case) back in 2016 if I recall.

It's weird seeing my post in another language lol. It's just a prediction, nothing concrete. I don't have inside sources.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Just trying to think in my head what a possible Luigi's Mansion ride would look like. It would be cool to have the little vacuum cleaners that are able to suck up the ghost. But I think the most important thing should be that the mood and atmosphere should be paramount. It would be cool for it to have many practical effects and tricks like Haunted Mansion. Would love for them to use Haunted Mansion as the goal to try and top.

Just trying to think in my head what a possible Luigi's Mansion ride would look like. It would be cool to have the little vacuum cleaners that are able to suck up the ghost. But I think the most important thing should be that the mood and atmosphere should be paramount. It would be cool for it to have many practical effects and tricks like Haunted Mansion. Would love for them to use Haunted Mansion as the goal to try and top.
My thoughts were to mix a physical environment with AR ghosts with the explanation being that we need the glasses to see them. Luigi himself and other characters that aren’t ghosts would be AAs.