Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Voodoo Doughnut (UOR)

I should've checked this thread this past weekend while I was at UOR. Had no clue this had opened.

It does but they back it up by delivering a tasty, Instagram-ready product at a very reasonable--I'd almost say inexpensive--price.
Never been one to know what an Instagram thing is but I think I have begun to learn!

Went to DC....happened to stay by a Sugar Factory (they seem to have one in Orlando and Miami), anyway, saw the video loop showing how the use some Kardashin and other Interwebs personalities to push way over priced not so great food....my server asked me to get my Instagram ready before she poured my drink...I just wanted to get drunk, I did not care about smoke and gummies and cotton candy whatever they stuffed into my dang drink!!

As for doughnuts. I had never been to the Sprinkles at Disney Springs (it was way too packed the one night I walked by it), but I had some poor valued doughnuts at one in George Town. We went in about 45 minutes before closing, waited in a decent line...they only had two flavors left to choose from.

Anyhow, we do have a couple of decent doughnut shops near by, the oldest and best (to me and I do not like doughnuts) is a place called Dandee's...a newer more modern one that makes a set amount for the day and then closes when they are gone (I have not seen any at noon when I've stopped for lunch next door) is called Jupiter doughnuts.

I think this place will do well and (based on current prices), I do not think they are trying to gouge anyone.

I feel like I’d only go here if I wanted to take a picture of the donut and put it on social media. Not to say that those don’t look delicious, it’s just I don’t know if after a big meal I’d be up for a donut with fruit loops on the top. I think the best donuts I ever had were the Lard Lad donuts at the Kwik E Mart before the Springfield expansion.

But that’s just me though, I’m sure this place will be a hit and will be jam packed at night once the parks let out. My go to dessert will still be frozen yogurt. I won’t rule out trying one though.

It appears it’s been doing a consistent 7am-midnight schedule. Keep in mind, since it is technically still under a “soft opening”, it could be closed without warning.
Okay, thank you a lot! I'm excited to see this place ever since the rumor hit a few months back, and I looked at the donuts on the website. Any suggestions for certain donuts?

BTW.. tried to hit this up on Saturday night at around 10:30pm.. not sure when the parks closed but the line was outside and wrapped around in a queue. I refused.

Got the Voodoo box this afternoon. I'm not going crazy with the doughnuts, just sampling here and there, but they're definitely good. Worth the cost? Probably not. But if you're on vacation, this is a unique thing that you can't find in many other places and it's worth the splurge imo.

It being open until midnight is also very smart in the sense that it allows people to buy doughnuts for the next morning. No one wants to run out for breakfast, but if you can buy some donuts, hop on the water taxi, go back to your room, etc and then you'll have them for you in the morning.

Finally tried some yesterday. Big fan of the Grape Ape. The cake ones weren’t as good as the regular dough ones. Voodoo doll was fun.

The price is good for theme park snacks and how filling they are. I can see myself getting one every other trip to the park. And 1.60 ain’t bad. (Better than the $5 I spend on a less filling pumpkin pasty every time I visit Diagon.)

Plus, remember to get your AP discount y’all!

4B08EC7C-9CC2-4F3B-883A-BE2CA1349111.jpeg

FFBCAF42-6921-4CE9-97AE-ACCB6FFF89A1.jpeg