Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Spoiler: It’s not safe

giphy.gif

Well… you are a reliable person over in HW so I guess that’s that. Hollywood definitely won’t do Alien though, so I’m curious as to what they get

It would be fair to mention that John has gone in saying previously that Alien was what he and Willams wanted to do before AvP, and while I would doubt they would've kept the models, it isn't as far fetched as you are making it out to be.

That said, I have not heard anything on Alien, and that I'm keeping my ears more recluse given the past few weeks.

I’m just saying things based on little info I’ve read here and this probably isn’t happening, but I would take Alien replacing IT all day.

I have no idea what’s replacing IT, if it is indeed out, but I would assume it’d be something along the lines of HIVE than another IP. Turn what’s already been worked on into something useable.

And HIVE was awesome, so I’m personally hopin it’s something along those lines

It would be fair to mention that John has gone in saying previously that Alien was what he and Willams wanted to do before AvP, and while I would doubt they would've kept the models, it isn't as far fetched as you are making it out to be.

That said, I have not heard anything on Alien, and that I'm keeping my ears more recluse given the past few weeks.

I thought Murdy said Alien would be a huge budget buster though? Would love to it but wouldn’t want it to get the black wall treatment.

I have no idea what’s replacing IT, if it is indeed out, but I would assume it’d be something along the lines of HIVE than another IP. Turn what’s already been worked on into something useable.

HIVE in the Neibolt House would be intense and would look pretty fitting. From what it seems like Universal tends to have numerous backup concepts designed already for cases like this(House of Horrors in a sense, HIVE)

I thought Murdy said Alien would be a huge budget buster though? Would love to it but wouldn’t want it to get the black wall treatment.

The same could be said of The Thing and Stranger Things, especially considering the creature effects of both IP's.

I think the best thing that IT being dead in the water, is that it will give more valuable time for Universal's A&D departments in both Hollywood and Orlando to find a replacement that would best suit eachother's parks.

I think the best thing that IT being dead in the water, is that it will give more valuable time for Universal's A&D departments in both Hollywood and Orlando to find a replacement that would best suit eachother's parks.

Very true, plus it means not as bad of crowds as the combo of IT + ST would bring this year. If IT was lost for this year and not saved for next year, one would have to assume we’ll see less of WB’s at the event considering this is 2 years in a row we’ve lost one of their big IP’s

Love Hive also and would like a great original to replace it if Alien wasn’t on the table. All this talk from Legacy has me mildly excited though.

i wonder what to it did the king get in the way or something anyway i not made there wont be it this year it just mean a possible original maze

I’m just saying things based on little info I’ve read here and this probably isn’t happening, but I would take Alien replacing IT all day.
:agree:
I mean, I have no idea what goes on in USH. But I find it hard to believe USF lost it and USH didn’t. USF seems like it definitely ain’t getting it tho
do you have insider info or do you just say that based on the boards?