Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

As much as I'ma get hate for this, I really don't want Diagon Alley at USH. Why bother? USF already has it, and although I've never experienced it it just seems like a waste. We need something that makes USH stands out, especially in terms of the Wizzarding World. If we do get Diagon Alley I hope we at least get a Ministry of Magic add on. I'm tired of getting hand-me-down attractions within Universal parks.
I'm the same way. I mean, if we get it, I won't be mad. For a land-locked park like USH, I think it's a total waste to blow all of that acreage for ONE ride that's heavy on screenz. I would rather get the Forbidden Forest coaster over Diagon. If they want to bring DA over here, they better make a LOT of changes to enhance it; otherwise, I'm not excited waiting for something that Florida will have had for ten years by the time it opens. Gimmie new stuff. I'm tired of clones.

Diagon Alley is coming to the park guys!!! It’s always been on the table. Expect the unexpected that’s all I’m gonna say.

ALRIGHHHHHHTTT!

I don't agree with the pessimism from the other posters. I think Diagon will be a great addition and am almost positive that our version will be plussed the way our Hogsmeade/Hogwarts was.

I'm the same way. I mean, if we get it, I won't be mad. For a land-locked park like USH, I think it's a total waste to blow all of that acreage for ONE ride that's heavy on screenz. I would rather get the Forbidden Forest coaster over Diagon. If they want to bring DA over here, they better make a LOT of changes to enhance it; otherwise, I'm not excited waiting for something that Florida will have had for ten years by the time it opens. Gimmie new stuff. I'm tired of clones.

Me too! I love the Wizarding World and I think Hoggsmead has truly transformed the park, but DA is such a huge amount of space to use when it could be some other IP. I'm not necessarily tired of clones but I do think USH needs some unique attractions/elements that set it apart (Other than the Studio Tour)

I have mixed feelings on this. Having been three times, I actually love Diagon Alley, and even enjoy Gringotts. And in this very "Instagram" age, Diagon Alley is basically one giant Instagram opportunity. Selfishly, I'd personally love to see it come here.

But I do see how it takes up a very large space--space that Hollywood doesn't really have as much. So I can see the side of the argument of putting something else instead. And I also understand not wanting to "clone" too much.

But that said, the vast majority of GP don't get to both coasts that often, which is a fair argument to clone. And our Hogsmeade/FJ is not a direct clone... in fact, I'd say it's even improved a bit. So I'd be even more curious to see how they'd "upgrade" Diagon Alley.

Like I said.... mixed feelings.

Some minor points about our Hogsmeade/FJ... gotta give props to the Sons of Durmstrang at the Tri-Wizard show, they've really stepped up their game with their performances lately. As for FJ, it's still in pretty great shape overall, but I still don't really understand why they've never fixed the focus of the opening flue scene, or why they haven't repaired the blue light that shines on the rocks as a better transition to the final screen scene. It's been off for months, and seems it should be a relatively easy fix. :/

Should we expect Diagon Alley before or after Nintendo?

after...the list is already too full. 2019 = JP Remodel, 2020 = SLOP, 2021 = SNW...that's my guess! DA would have to be much later.

Here is my 2 cents on DA for Universal Studios Hollywood:

Notice how everything from Orlando has been coming to Universal Studios Hollywood in one way or another...just look at Citywalk venues!

Everything says "look how Orlando does it" and Orlando has been a successful product. I have no doubt they will want a 2-park option in California to help spur higher priced ticket sales for park hopper options. This also means that DA would have to be inside of a 2nd gate to make it successful. Why pay $120 per person to enter the park when you can force fans to pay $170+ per day!!!

Last edited:
As much as I'ma get hate for this, I really don't want Diagon Alley at USH. Why bother? USF already has it, and although I've never experienced it it just seems like a waste. We need something that makes USH stands out, especially in terms of the Wizzarding World. If we do get Diagon Alley I hope we at least get a Ministry of Magic add on. I'm tired of getting hand-me-down attractions within Universal parks.
Absurdly popular ride. Cheaper to clone. LA market that can sustain attendance even without international visitors. $$$$$$$$$$$$

SNW has all 3 parks paying for the R&D for that attraction. That will allow for more money to be spent on the development and hopefully the product will show it. Diagon Alley R&D is already complete...like bob albert said above...cheaper to clone!

Not to kill the Diagon Discussion, but I wanted to point out that they shut down the water spray in the spider scene for FJ. I hope this is permanent because I hated having ice cold water sprayed in my face. On the other hand it kills the running joke of every ride at USH spraying water on you. But I'm happy it's off and hope it stays off.

Not to kill the Diagon Discussion, but I wanted to point out that they shut down the water spray in the spider scene for FJ. I hope this is permanent because I hated having ice cold water sprayed in my face. On the other hand it kills the running joke of every ride at USH spraying water on you. But I'm happy it's off and hope it stays off.
The water effects on FJ are usually turned off during the winter and spring season, then returns come summer time.

Transformers doesn’t spray water on you.