Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

I didn’t deny that it boosted attendance. It’s a new land at Disney world with world class theming. Doesn’t mean people actually care about the IP itself.

I didn’t deny that it boosted attendance. It’s a new land at Disney world with world class theming. Doesn’t mean people actually care about the IP itself.

Obviously the IP has to do with its popularity. When the sequel comes out in 2020, it's only going to be more popular. They should start construction for a new ride around 2019 to have it open by 2021.

Last edited:
The thing about Pandora - The World of Avatar and Avatar is that they're the same thing now. The IP extends to the land. The land extends to the IP. So if you care about Pandora - The World of Avatar, in turn, you care about Avatar.
Exactly.

James Cameron hit the jackpot when he got Disney to build him a land. The sequels were delayed so Avatar is pretty much not a thing anybody cared about... but now every second DAK is open, people are being introduced to Avatar (or reintroduced). Does that mean they are huge fans? no. They could be some day though.

The fact that Flight of Passage has been met with so much positive word-of-mouth is a big thing too. Think of the people that wait anywhere from 90-180+ minutes for FoP... they are going through at least an hour and a half worth of queue that introduces you to the Na'vi, Pandora's past, etc. People are always stopping in the stand-by line to take pics with the Na'vi AA(?) as well (which I personally think looks like Jake Sully, but I think is just a random na'vi).

Also remember, Disney can't just do whatever they want with this land. Lightstorm (James Cameron's company which owns Avatar) worked with them on this project and for all we know, it could've been Lightstorm that said "Wouldn't it be cool if we added a character that teaches people about Pandora?"

Also remember, Disney can't just do whatever they want with this land. Lightstorm (James Cameron's company which owns Avatar) worked with them on this project and for all we know, it could've been Lightstorm that said "Wouldn't it be cool if we added a character that teaches people about Pandora?"
The behind the scenes said Lightstorm sent over the initial design. Michael Curry Studios then made a practical puppet suit from their design. So you’re right.

at least you survived the stampede.
Yeah, I had to be rude and just push right past people. We got up to the lady holding the Standby Stick, heard her say 3-4 hours, and just 180'd. But everyone was coming in, and no one was leaving room for anyone on the way out. I thought I was going to kill some Pandorian insects or something because we had to walk in the dirt to leave. There was just no room on the path.

That's why Touring Plans has been recommending afternoons on FP since last summer. Lines are still long, but day in and day out, the best times have been in the afternoon. Quite the opposite of the normal theme park attraction. The crowds have a tendency to throng Pandora in the morning thinking it works the same as normal rope drop in the other parks when you get your best times early. Not the case here, unless you get lucky.

Wish the waits were like that when I went on Sunday. I rope dropped an hour before opening and when we got in, it was 4 hours.
yeah, you really have to get there at least an hour and a half early, I got there at around 6:30 on Friday and walked on FoP and RJ, proceeded to go on Everest and Dinosaur, and was done with AK by 9

yeah, you really have to get there at least an hour and a half early, I got there at around 6:30 on Friday and walked on FoP and RJ, proceeded to go on Everest and Dinosaur, and was done with AK by 9
Well I live two hours away, so that would require me to leave the house at around 4, meaning I would probably have to get up at 3:30.
Not worth it imo.
And I've ridden Na'vi River Journey, as fastpasses pop up often. Walked right on, no wait at all. It was still disappointing, except for the AA.

Well I live two hours away, so that would require me to leave the house at around 4, meaning I would probably have to get up at 3:30.
Not worth it imo.
And I've ridden Na'vi River Journey, as fastpasses pop up often. Walked right on, no wait at all. It was still disappointing, except for the AA.
Yeah I was staying at a hotel 10 mins away from AK, I would suggest just trying to hit FoP another way then. It’s like a much better Soarin haha.

While I was there yesterday noticed extra seating was added next to Satu'li's normal outside seating area. Usually this area just used for stroller parking (and Instagram selfies.)

Looked like their private event tables and chairs, very much OFF-theme for Pandora, but it was out at noon time, and not near park close. They must've been desperate to add additional seating for spring break to bring these things out.

IMG_9309.JPG

IMG_9304.JPG

IMG_9312.JPG

Wonder if this leads to additional seating added with more palm-frond roofs.